Epcot Flower and Garden Festival - FOOD!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by marybogue, Feb 8, 2013.

1. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Portion sizes at F&W are small. Just a few bites, usually. Small enough that you can buy a lot of them for a snack credit on the DDP. I assume that's what they'll be like here, too.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ella18nm

ella18nm Earning My Ears

Im so excited for the marketplaces! Every year I've gone was during F&W (which is my favorite time of year to go) So we were floored to hear about the marketplaces for flower & garden festival! Everything sounds so fresh and delicious.

Going to have to get the Dole Whip w/ spiced rum! :cool1:

4. jmarsh

jmarsh Mouseketeer

The day we will be there I made a dinner reservation for 10pm at T-Rex because I plan on snacking at the FG all day long

5. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

6. marmalade

marmalade DIS Veteran

I wonder if they are going to do this for future F&G festivals? :cloud9:

7. si-am

si-am DIS Veteran

We were there yesterday! Ate and drank our way around World Showcase. ;)

Favorite foods:
    Crab tostada (outside Mexico)
    Pulled pork slider with slaw (American Adventure. This was bigger than a normal slider)
    Heirloom tomato and mozzarella salad (UK)

My husband really liked the lamb skewer at Morocco.

Favorite drink:
    The pink slushie thing at France. Sooo tasty, and I had 4 people stop me and ask where I got it! :rotfl:

8. edk35

edk35 DIS Veteran

YUM!!! Can't wait... We will be at EC on the 21st and a few other times during our trip. WOO HOO!!!

9. GeorgiaHoo

GeorgiaHoo DIS Veteran

Portions were pretty sizeable I thought, especially for a snack credit. The pork slider with slaw is about a meal in itself. Shrimp and grits is a small serving of grits with 3-4 fairly large shrimp. Pork brisket was a piece of brisket with jalapeno cornbread and collard greens. Crab tostada was a mediumish tostada with a pretty sizeable serving of crab (we didn't particularly care for this). For beer drinkers, the beer flight in American world is a decent deal -- 4 6 oz. drinks for $13. My daughter really liked the watermelon salad. Prices will run you $3-7.50.

10. ShannonMB

ShannonMB DIS Veteran

OMG!!! I can NOT believe that I am going a week from Monday and I am just finding out about this! That's what I get for being scarce on the DIS right before a trip. I've never been this time of year and not only did I not realize that it was going to be F&G, but am just finding out there will be FOOOOOD. I am literally jumping up and down on the inside right now. Not sure how I'm going to make it to March 18th. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

11. lucas

lucas °o°

Has anyone tried the Dole Whip, any pics? I'm dying to know how it is.

Found my answer! http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/...-epcot-flower-and-garden-festival/#more-77727

12. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

The food offerings have been pretty good, but the portion sizes are pretty comparable to F&W. The prices seemed higher. Far fewer food booths, but lots of alcohol offerings.

Just like the F&W, there was a passport that you can get stamped at the kiosks and at some of the activity spots.

13. lucas

lucas °o°

Just saw this pic of the cake:
    [​IMG]