Epcot Flower and Garden Festival - FOOD!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by marybogue, Feb 8, 2013.

1. marybogue

marybogue Mouseketeer

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. msmama

msmama DIS Veteran

Me!! I'm excited!!

This will be the third F&G trip, but the first with food!! The plants are "meh" but I'll eat my way around WS!!

4. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

I'm super excited!! We've always wanted to do Food & Wine but can't because of our kids school schedules, so this will be a little "taste" of that!! :woohoo:

5. minniebeth

minniebeth <font color=green>I count on y'all to keep me up t

Flower and Garden Festival: check!
    Food and Wine Festival: check!

Ugh! Just when you think you've done all the fun things, they add amazing Food and Wine Festival type food to the beautiful Flower and Garden Festival!
    Stop sucking me in, Disney! :goodvibes

Anyone getting to go--- ENJOY!! :)

6. DefLepard

DefLepard DIS Veteran

March 11th-13th can't come soon enough :cool1:

I am soooo having a Dole Whip with Spiced Rum √

Crab Tostadas √
    Watermelon Salad with pickled Red Onions √
    Smoked Beef Brisket with Collard Greens √

7. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I've thrown out all of the lunch plans that I had made:lmao: We're getting PHs for the first time in many, many trips so that we can spend a couple of hours in Epcot each day- doing one of the tours and sitting in on some of the lectures. So with any luck we'll get to sample the kiosks at lunchtime several of the days we're there in April.

8. marybogue

marybogue Mouseketeer

I am having everything you're having! ;) I've never been to Food and Wine or F & G, so am I correct in assuming that these kiosks will not accept the DDP?

9. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

If you read the Food Blog entry - not the linked one that is just a list of the items, but the full story - it says that "some" items will be available for a snack credit (but not which ones). At a guess, if they work it like the Food and Wine Festival, it will be anything that doesn't contain alcohol.

10. nessz79

nessz79 DIS Veteran

Yes! It's such a happy coincidence for us. We'll be there twice- March 9th-16th and May 17th. Can't wait to check it all out!

11. Tinkarella

Tinkarella Mouseketeer

Oh. My. Goodness! My tummy just did a little happy dance! I can't wait to try some of these yummies. I was planning on going over for a day or two during the F&G, now I'm thinking this may require several trips. :)

12. tarheelmjfan

tarheelmjfan <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue>

I had forgotten about this & made a lunch ADR at Coral Reef. We'll definitely be canceling that.

As a side note, I'm not sure what I think about carrot & tomato wine representing FL. We have some decent wines made out of citrus & strawberries. I've never seen any made with carrots or tomatoes though. We'll have to try them for curiosity, but they don't sound very good. Hopefully, I'll be surprised & they'll be better than I'm imagining.

13. smcabee

smcabee Boomer Sooner

DW and I have gone to F&W many times and F&G a few times but didnt really enjoy it much. We were only planning on a F&W trip this year but with the addition of food at F&G, I think this year, I will just have to take one for the team since my wife cant take time off during the spring this year and check it out to see if its umm worth it for us to continue going during F&G. So I guess I will be heading down in April to see what the fuss is about. ;)

14. alex9179

alex9179 DIS Veteran

Last year, after our Oct vacation, I convinced my mom to join me for F&G. They used to take us back in 1974-75 and haven't seen it since. I'm so excited to show her EPCOT! The fact that they're offering food kiosks is the cherry on top. We loved F&W when DH and I took our kids and it will be awesome to hang out with a grown-up for this festival :)

15. GoofyGraham

GoofyGraham Earning My Ears

This will be my first appearance at F&G at Epcot, me and my camera were already looking forward to it but now there's so much more to it with this unexpected addition..... I shall try as much as I can, but not at the expense of any dining reservations lol... we were already planning it as a culinary trip with our DDP, the whole thing is going to be so much fun popcorn::

16. JLVermillion

JLVermillion Food & Wine Festival 2009

Time to start my eat around the world diet and exercise program:yay:

17. Bellabully

Bellabully Official Disney Addict

Was already excited about making the F&G, over the moon about the addition of food!:cool1:

18. Colleen27

Colleen27 DIS Veteran

Super excited - I'll have one day there in March and two in April, lots of time to sample some goodies.

19. ColoradoDis

ColoradoDis DIS Veteran

Can't wait to try all of these treats! We adding extra time at EPCOT to enjoy them in May.

20. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

I am hoping they start early. We leave on the 6th but hope to try some of the new food and drinks!!

21. jennylyn_b

jennylyn_b Disney Fan for Life :)

It's so nice of you to make such a sacrifice! Lol ;)