Entertainment rates out for 2003

Aisling

<font color=darkorchid>Where your mind goes, your
I just called Loews and asked them to check if the Entertainment rate is out to apply to my July ressie at RPH. She said it was still too early, but it doesn't hurt to check. Well whattayaknow, for RPH the Entertainment rate for July 2003 is $125 waterview! It was out after all. But I have a Club Level ressie and she said so far there is no Entertainment rate for that. She told me to check back periodically to see if Club has been added. I now have Club for $209 a night with Fan Club, but I think I may change it to the $125 waterview because the price is so good!

Aisling, I have been waiting for a post like yours for weeks! I also had ressies for Royal Pacific. I just called and she said "I can tell you that if your ressie is past Jan. 1st, the rate isn't out yet. I said "can you pleeeeese just check because I have a friend (that's you Aisling) who got the rate in July" Voila! I was paying $729.27 for three nights and now just $416.25. That's $125/night before taxes folks. I love this board!

THANK YOU AISLING!!

I too have been waiting for a post about 2003 Entertainment rates.

I already had a reservation for a GV room at HRH for Feb 18 for 3 nights. I couldn't even get a AAA discount for HRH so I was paying $229.00 without tax per night.

I called tonight and HRH had no entertainment rate available but I checked for Portofino and they had an Entertainment rate of $155 per night for GV. I decided to cancel my HRH ressie and take the the $155 at Portofino. :D

I'm so happy for us all!
$155 GV at PBH?? The problem with these great rates coming out is that it makes it so difficult for me to decide where to stay! But so far it's RPH for this July. Wish me luck that Club Level Entertainment rates come out soon, if at all!

I've never been to Universal and don't know a lot about the hotels. We're probably going to spend most of our time in the parks. We'll check in on a Wed. evening and go to the parks Thurs and Fri. Saturday we're off on a Disney Cruise. Do you think RP is the best choice or should we go for the PBH? The price would only be $100 or so difference.

kbgclark,
it really depends on personal taste. I haven't stayed at any universal hotel yet, but from what I've read here, the PBH is more luxurious. Bigger rooms, larger bathrooms, quieter that the other two. Everyone raves about the beds!

I'd suggest doing a search and look for pictures, then take it from there.

kpgclark, this is exactly my dilemma! I have ressies for RPH but am thinking of switching to PBH. We've never stayed at either one, only HRH and it was excellent.
I guess I'll have to have a family meeting to discuss it, also watch for more discounts, and keep reading these boards for opinions!

Let me know if the Entertainment Rates come out for Club Level Rooms and I'll do the same if I hear anything.

I am in the same boat as you, Aisling. We have ressies for RPH Club Level at Fan Club rate of $209 and are hoping for Entertainment rate to come out. I hope it comes out because that will be a nice savings for all of us. At least it's still $90 off rack rate and $30 off AAA rate. Thanks to all on this board, we are learning to work the system.

I too was thinking about changing to a waterview room for $125, but just once I want to splurge a little. This little splurge will be my birthday present and I think I may need the whole Universal RPH onsite guest club level experience (what a mouthfull!!). :smooth:

Isn't splurging wonderful! It's especially sweet if you know you're getting a good deal on top of it!

I called yesterday to check on the ent rate for PBH and was told there were no PBH ent rates for my dates. We are planning on going 1/29-2/2 (2 rms). I also placed 3 calls and spoke to 3 different CM's thinking maybe one just didn't know the ent rates were out yet. Got the same reply from all 3. "Only the standard RPR rms have ent. rates".
Also I was told (by 1 CM) that the club rms at RPR probably won't be discounted with an ent. rate. She said typically when ent rates are released they are released for both the reg. rooms and club level, so I shouldn't expect to see ent. rates apply to club level ????? Any body else ever hear this??
Such confusion :( I'm now considering changing my ressie from the HRH club to standard RPR b/c of the $$$. ??? From what I have seen it seems the HRH club, ent. rates of last year were about $200.00. Am I correct ???
If I could get the ent. rate for PBH I would definitly chg my ressie, it would be worth the $$ for the extra room.

thank you thank you!! :D I've been calling for weeks for the ent. rate, got deluxe pool view at the portofino bay hotel in June for 180.00 per night, was paying 230.00 with the fan club rate! Yahoo, love these boards!!...... goof

I also have a reservation for January 2003 and called a couple of time and no entertainment rates yet at the Royal Pacific for January.......I dont know how you got them for July already! The entertainment rates were available at the Portofino.....she told me they will be available for the RP but are not in the system yet...she said to call daily that it shouldnt be long. I will post as soon as I hear anything.
:D

Hi,
I was just able to book a standard room at the RP for $110 using the entertainment rate. Our travel dates are 6/28 - 7/1.

Thanks for the heads up.

Entertainment Rates ARE OUT for RPH standard and waterview rooms for January. They quoted me a rate of $125. They just don'e have Club level Entertainment rates in the system. If you are interested in the standard or waterview at the RPH for Jan 2003, I'd call right away. Good Luck!!!!

I just got off the phone again with Royal Pacific and got to the bottom.......see if this sounds right........the entertainment rate is only available for a stay of 3 nights or more......thats new to me.....I have a AAA rate of 159 for 2 nights arriving on 1/22. I did check the Portofino and could get a waterview room for 180...I'm thinking about that.....although I am staying at the Polynesian for 7 nights prior we wanted to try and stay with the carribean theme! Let me know if you hear anthing different about January and the dates for the rate. Thanks

Daisie, I got a similar story when I called the HRH today. I already booked for 4 nights in June at the regular rate. Called to get it changed to the Entertainment Rate. They told me that I COULD get the Entertainment Rate, but I'd have to stay for 5 nights, not 4, or else check in a day later and stay for 4 nights. Go figure. She told me to keep calling back to see if something opens up for our dates.

I did manage to get the Fan Club rate for our 4 nights, HRH garden view, $160/nite. Sure would like that Entertainment rate, though!!

Amy.......My trip last January when staying at the hard rock was with the entertainment rate of $125......thats what I was hoping for this year, maybe even a bit cheaper for the royal pacific. The hard rock is our favorite, but we've stayed there the last 3 trips. I didnt expect a required number of nights on my stay, we usually only stay 2 nights and have not had this problem before. Oh well, at least I have a room and am lucky enough to get to go on vacation, I did try to book through loews and they did not have any standards available for my date only the club level with a fan club rate of 209.

Daisie,
What are your dates? I too was offered fan club rate at HRH club level, but my rate was 230.00. We are going 1/29 - 2/2, and yes, I had to commit to 4 day stay to get the fan club rate.:rolleyes:

My dates are January 22 and 23 2003...........The 209 rate was quoted to me through the loews number not the universal 800 number.
Maybe you'll get lucky!!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest