Entertainment Card

Desiree Y

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. I've been reading a lot about Entertainment rates and I'm a little confused about the whole thing. Someone mentioned buying an Entertainment card on eBay and I've found one priced at $1.99 but I want to be sure I'm buying the right thing. I'd like to buy the card to have on hand should a special rate open for the HoJo for our dates. Do you have to be a California resident to use the card? Is there a specific card I need to purchase to use around Anaheim or is there just one card that's good for all of California? Any other info you can give me would be great!!

It just has to be 2012, you can be from anywhere and the card can be from any area when using at Hojo. Other stores may require it be a Orange County, CA entertainment card.

Once you have the entertainment card, it has a web addreass where you can find local resturants which will honor the card as a buy one get one free. I know offhand it is good at Demiceli's italian on the NW corner of Katella and Euclid. The food is decent, and the wife and I eat there on the way to DL once or twice a month.

Anyway, there is a website, and I'm pretty sure there is an Iphone app as well.

The card is only available with the purchase of the Entertainment coupon book. If someone on ebay is selling just the card then they most likely have the coupon book but are not including it.

There are numerous books with coupons for different cities around the country. The hotel discounts however are the same no matter what card you have.

I have booked entertainment rates many times at various hotels and not once have I ever been asked to show the card. Most of the time I booked online.

You can order your own Entertainment book, with your own card, here:

http://www.entertainment.com/

This way you know it's 100% legit. The books are discounted like $5 each right now, so the local book for the Orange County, Ca area will be $30.

You don't need the card to reserve the ent. rate at Hojos, but you will need it at check in. Sometimes they ask for it and sometimes they dont, but if they ask for it and you don't have it with you, they won't give you the ent. rate. A lot of people on here buy just the card off e-bay and I've never heard of any problems with getting an invalid card. :)

I just received my 2012 entertainment card in the mail that I bought on ebay for a couple of dollars. On the card there is a sticker that says "you must register online to fully activate your membership."

Do I need to register the card in order to get the HOJO rate, I know I don't need the book?

Thank you.

I just received my 2012 entertainment card in the mail that I bought on ebay for a couple of dollars. On the card there is a sticker that says "you must register online to fully activate your membership."

Do I need to register the card in order to get the HOJO rate, I know I don't need the book?

Thank you.
No, you don't need to register the card for the ent. rate at Hojos. You will just need to show that you have a card if they ask for it at check in. Sometimes they ask for it and sometimes they don't. :)

You don't need the card to reserve the ent. rate at Hojos, but you will need it at check in. Sometimes they ask for it and sometimes they dont, but if they ask for it and you don't have it with you, they won't give you the ent. rate. A lot of people on here buy just the card off e-bay and I've never heard of any problems with getting an invalid card. :)

And hojo has even recommended the purchase of it on ebay (or at least been a part of the conversation about it without saying "no don't do it").

If you wish to buy the book...

You don't have to buy a so cal book, you can buy whatever book works for you. Does the Utah book have good coupons for you, OP? Canadians can even buy their Entertainment book, and the card works just the same for them at hojo.

When you make the reservation you do not need the Ent card, but you will need it when you check in. It can be any Ent card as long as it is for 2012 (or the year you will be staying with us). You can purchase the card from www.entertainment.com, or anywhere else they sell it, pretty much you just need the card with you when you check in.

Hope this helps!
-Kriss :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter