Entering MK around 2 pm and heading into adventureland/frontierland. How does parade change plans?

ammag

DIS Veteran
Hi!
So we arrive at MK around 2 pm and want to do adventureland first, frontier, then up to Liberty square. I started planning my FP and remembered the parade is now at 2 not 3.

Original plan: enter, ride train (it's always been down when we've visited) exit back at Main Street. I have a scooter so cannot get off in frontierland.

Go directly to adventureland, do jungle/pirates (approx 45 min-one hour in adventureland ) then to frontier for BTMRR.

now with the parade route and crowds, how should I alter this plan? We do not want to watch the parade on this day. It is possible that we can enter MK a bit earlier but I can't rely on it as we are driving, checking into resort and returning rental car first :)

Go directly to adventureland, do jungle/pirates (approx 45 min-one hour in adventureland ) then to frontier for BTMRR.
now with the parade route and crowds, how should I alter this plan?
No need to change anything.

The parade won't be at Main St. until about 2:25, and
Adventureland is in no way negatively affected by the parade route/crowd.
And, the 2PM parade crowd will be long-gone from Frontierland/Liberty Square by 3PM.

MK_ParadeRoute_092609.jpg

We did a 2pm arrival at MK last week. Our first FP+ was for Pirates, so we walked through the Emporium and connected shops, exiting by CP, and went into Adventureland. By the time we strolled to Pirates, rode the attraction, and wandered through the shop afterward, Frontierland was totally clear of the parade and crowd. Our second FP+ was for HM and we had no issues at all getting there.

Thank you both! Robo I was about to search for your maps thanks for beating me to it

The only issue you might run into - if you are running significantly late - is crossing from the train station area to the Emporium area. Still, at that point you can likely to up the right side of Main St and cross further up. Worst case scenario, you watch a few floats :) It's a fairly short parade, so not bad to wait through the end of.

As an aside, there's a ramp to the Frontierland train station. Is there a prohibition to offloading scooters there? Somehow I never knew that!

When is your trip? I thought I read that the parade will change back to 3pm in January?

From the OP's signature:
11/27-12/1 POP, 12/1-2 AoA bringing the kids this time!

The only issue you might run into - if you are running significantly late - is crossing from the train station area to the Emporium area. Still, at that point you can likely to up the right side of Main St and cross further up. Worst case scenario, you watch a few floats :) It's a fairly short parade, so not bad to wait through the end of.

As an aside, there's a ramp to the Frontierland train station. Is there a prohibition to offloading scooters there? Somehow I never knew that!
The problem is that the train doesn't accommodate scooters at all

The problem is that the train doesn't accommodate scooters at all

Maybe I read it wrong, but it sounded like the OP planned to leave the scooter at the Main Street station, ride the loop, get back off at Main Street and back on the scooter. They were thinking they couldn't do that in Frontierland. I do believe there is more room to park a scooter at the Main St. Station vs. Frontierland, but if they both have ramps, there should be some accommodation there.

Oh! That makes so much more sense. I couldn't recall an accessible car on the train, but figured I was just blanking/had never noticed. Thank you!

Maybe I read it wrong, but it sounded like the OP planned to leave the scooter at the Main Street station, ride the loop, get back off at Main Street and back on the scooter. They were thinking they couldn't do that in Frontierland. I do believe there is more room to park a scooter at the Main St. Station vs. Frontierland, but if they both have ramps, there should be some accommodation there.

I think you read it correctly. I was responding to the poster I quoted not the OP. I do not believe that a scooter can be taken onto the train

I think you read it correctly. I was responding to the poster I quoted not the OP. I do not believe that a scooter can be taken onto the train

I can barely get my knees on the train (long legs), so I'm sure there's not room for strollers or wheelchairs unless they fold very small. I don't think I've ever seen either on the train and I'm sure I haven't seen a scooter. But I have seen a lot of items parked at Main St. and Fantasyland stations. I've just never really paid attention at Frontierland because I rarely board or disembark there. They should have some sort of swap out capabilities for the Disney rentals, so you could leave a Disney scooter at one train station and pick up another one at the next (or stroller, or wheelchair). That would make it a lot more convenient for using the train to actually move around the park instead of just doing the loop and getting off right where you started. I have used the train in the past to bypass Main St. if it was getting close to parade time.

I can barely get my knees on the train (long legs), so I'm sure there's not room for strollers or wheelchairs unless they fold very small. I don't think I've ever seen either on the train and I'm sure I haven't seen a scooter. But I have seen a lot of items parked at Main St. and Fantasyland stations. I've just never really paid attention at Frontierland because I rarely board or disembark there. They should have some sort of swap out capabilities for the Disney rentals, so you could leave a Disney scooter at one train station and pick up another one at the next (or stroller, or wheelchair). That would make it a lot more convenient for using the train to actually move around the park instead of just doing the loop and getting off right where you started. I have used the train in the past to bypass Main St. if it was getting close to parade time.
I believe they do have stroller exchanges. I don't know about wheelchairs and I am pretty sure not scooters. I use a scooter now so I am sensitive to this.
Of course a large percentage of folks now rent all of these from off site vendors so they would have to retrieve their own rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter