English please

I don't know if this helps, but think of DVC resales as buying a house or condo. You can buy one that's being built from the guy who's building it, one that's newly built in a new development where most people have moved in; you can buy the house across town that's 30 years old and was bought cheap by someone's grandparents; you can buy into that new neighborhood from someone who bought the newly built house 9 months ago but just lost his job so he has to downsize to a rental. You can buy a nice 3-br house in the family-friendly neighborhood from the couple that is getting divorced.

Buying a DVC resale is the same process as a house. Talk to some real estate agents to see their inventory. Compare "comps" to see what similar "houses" are selling for, make an offer, a counteroffer, negotiate closing costs, put down a deposit, get a bunch of paperwork notarized, write a check (or do the loan process), wait for the title to be filed with the State in your name, then enjoy!

I respect and value Dean's opinions, too (although I do occasionally disagree with him, lol). But maybe you meant "expert" or "experienced" instead of "legal"?

We do have lawyers who post here, but Dean is not one of them. (And he has never claimed to be one).

Fair point. :)

lodge said:
I think owners of DVC are similar to owners in a neighborhood. We get to know one another and respect the vast amount of knowledge shared.

There seems to be more kindness and respect for those around awhile, as opposed to DCL DIS where there are so many more "renters".... just an observation.

Well I thought that as neighbors with respect and knowledge this would be the place to come. I was interested to see if what I thought (yes you can circumvent purchasing directly from Disney and yes it should be relatively painless) was correct. Some of the other places I looked for information focused entirely on the potential for scams, and the Rofr.

So sorry that as someone who has not yet purchased in the neighborhood I felt I could ask questions.

Kindness should be extended to new and potential neighbors too, not just ones you've known for years.

Well I thought that as neighbors with respect and knowledge this would be the place to come. I was interested to see if what I thought (yes you can circumvent purchasing directly from Disney and yes it should be relatively painless) was correct. Some of the other places I looked for information focused entirely on the potential for scams, and the Rofr.

So sorry that as someone who has not yet purchased in the neighborhood I felt I could ask questions.

Kindness should be extended to new and potential neighbors too, not just ones you've known for years.

Well stated MomofDisneyLoversx3. Welcome. :wave2: Sorry you weren't made to feel more at home.

I hope you did get some good information to help with your decision and I hope that you will come back and let us know what that decision is.

so true, and personally I don't mind questions... I need to hear this stuff too or I wouldn't be looking at what you posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter