England & France: Cities of Knights & Lights Meets Thread

Discussion in 'Adventures By Disney' started by sayhello, May 29, 2012.

1. SingingMom

SingingMom DIS Veteran

We went in May last year. It was cool most days, I think we only wore shorts our day in Versailles.

We dressed for dinner in business casual. DH wore khakis and button down shirts, DD and I wore simple dresses or nice slacks. We did wear a little more fancy for our finale dinner at Laudere.

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TexasMouseFan

TexasMouseFan Mouseketeer

Thank you! I'm glad I asked. I don't know why it never crossed my mind...I was just focused on 'light clothes' (for packing). We will be doing a Med cruise before the ABD. I will just have to make sure our 'cruise casual' is more like business casual so I get double duty out of my packing. :rolleyes1. DISboards rock!

4. ucancallmetink

ucancallmetink Mouseketeer

For anyone considering adding on a Disneyland Resort Paris stay at the close of your trip, heads up on a great sale! The UK Expepdia site is offering 40% off DLP packages. ABD quoted me $1749 for a two night stay at Hotel New York with tickets, but I was able to book on my own today for $1035 for the same thing. The only thing is that I'll have to arrange my own transports, but that sounds pretty easy to do. The DLH was right around $1800 for two nights/two people/tickets. Just thought I'd share :)

5. oLora

oLora Mom to Nina 9 years old

We are going on this trip also! We, being three of us in our family == Lora (me), Mike (husband) and Nina (9 year old daughter). We are flying in from Louisville, KY and arrive in London around 10:30 am on 5/31. We booked one extra day at the end of the trip to enjoy Paris a little longer on our own. Getting excited and taking advice on packing lightly whilst having everything we really need! ;)

6. oLora

May 31 - June 7 -- Family of 3 -- Lora & Mike & Nina (9 years). Mike is celebrating a birthday the day we go to Windsor Castle, so hope we have a fun bunch on the trip!

7. oLora

I'm trying to figure out some extra fun for this day of the tour since it's my husband's birthday. I hope I can talk him out of the bus ride and tour of Stonehenge because it really doesn't sound that great. Sounds like the later part of the day @Windsor will be the better part of the day. Any ideas welcome!

8. oLora

Yes! We will be on this tour also, if you are going 5/31-6/7! We have my husband and myself and our daughter (9 years old). We are flying into London from Louisville, KY. Looks like you are coming from Ohio, so great! Who is in your group?

9. SingingMom

SingingMom DIS Veteran

Remember, this is just MY family's opinion... But as I said, DD and a number of the guests with her said it's nice to say they have seen Stonehenge, but they would never go back.
    At this point in the trip, a morning to relax and enjoy the gorgeous grounds of Foxhills would be very welcome! ;-)

However, the afternoon in Windsor was one of the highlights of our trip!! Loved it!

10. oLora

Yes! We are going starting 5/31 also! We are flying in from Louisville, KY, so not too far from you in Ohio. We have 3 of us -- my husband and myself and our daughter (9 years old). Who is in your group?

11. oLora

Is it advisable to get some foreign currency before leaving the states?

12. SingingMom

SingingMom DIS Veteran

Definitely helpful to have some. I went through AAA. :)

13. joeyandangiesmom

joeyandangiesmom Earning My Ears

The morning we visited Stonehenge last summer was the WORST weather we came across...golf umbrellas from Fox Hills turned inside out, etc...BUT I will tell you.....my then 15 and 12 yo COMPLETED the ENTIRE Stonehenge tour via audio! I was very proud of them! It is not as exciting as other places in Europe, but my family enjoyed learning about the area. In the afternoon we went to Windsor Palace and ahte weather, while gloomy, was not rainy and windy!

This was the ONLY bad weather day we had on our whole trip!

ENJOY! We had the BEST group...fingers crossed you do to!

14. meajuly5

meajuly5 DIS Veteran

Easy to take the train to Windsor if you want to sound the morning there v. Stonehenge

15. oLora

So you can go to Windsor ahead of the rest of the tour? Have already decided we will do our own thing rather than goofing to Stonehenge.

16. SingingMom

SingingMom DIS Veteran

Just remember if you go ahead to Windsor, you'd have to arrange your own transportation and I don't know how easy that is from Foxhills. It is in the country, not in London. We waited for the group (which included our daughter) to return from Stonehenge, all had lunch at Foxhills, and then we took the coach to Windsor. The ride was lovely and our local guide pointed out all the sights along way, as well as interesting facts outside the castle and grounds. You don't want to miss that f you've never been before. ;-)

17. oLora

Do we have to use the green backpacks that ABD mailed us?

18. Bobo912

Bobo912 DIS Veteran

No. You can use whatever you want.

19. oLora

I ended up getting $$ through AAA, but then also found out that you can just use an ATM to trade out for foreign currency and not have to pay any fees. Getting everything packed now to leave tomorrow evening!

We are arriving @12:15pm in London on Delta. Anybody else on that flight?

20. SingingMom

SingingMom DIS Veteran

Have a safe flight and a wonderful trip!! Let us know who your guides are!

21. oLora

Do we need to pack an iron or do they have these in our hotel rooms?