engagement

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by Saratoga Goofy, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Saratoga Goofy

Saratoga Goofy Mouseketeer

Any suggestions for the perfect place to propose at WDW?:love

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. steeners81

steeners81 Mouseketeer

You may want to post this on the dis wedding and honeymoon boards alot of them (me included) have gotten engaged at Disney.

Are you looking for something private or in the middle of crowd?

4. huskies90

huskies90 DIS Veteran

5. PHLtoMCO

PHLtoMCO Disboards helps me cut back on Facebook.

6. bluedevilinaz

bluedevilinaz DIS Veteran

That was a marketing ploy by Disney. It wasn't a real proposal.

7. AdamRos19

AdamRos19 Earning My Ears

So you can call someone down there for special occasions Disney actually does a real good job of setting people up if they have an idea ) not sure of cost but seen it done a few times. They do a fantastic job can be in belles garden (if it's still called that) ad they can actually take a photo pass for you... Best I saw and it kills me I couldn't do this but I'm certain he paid $$$$$ for this and i didn't know it was offered a man set up a picnic there before wishes, I think they just ate ice cream? But anyway as the show started he proposed they even did photos for him
    During his proposal. Haha made my wife cry even as we watched it happen. Much better timing than mine had been but hey I loved it and she loved it see below:

I proposed during wishes as the music and explosions slowed down and quieted a bit so she could obviously hear me. Too busy tryin to take pictures standing in front of me I popped the ring up in front of her camera and she saw a ring on er screen then did my thing. I believe it was the once upon a dream (sleeping beauty) segment of the show. It was that or beauty and the beast center-right of the hub. Great seats for fireworks and parade had a railing near by so not to block anyone's view even when forced to stand because of the crowd near us

8. Momtotwogirls

Momtotwogirls Mouseketeer

My husband proposed to me in Cinderella's rose garden 12 years ago! He arranged it through Disney directly (they have a department for this). When we checked into the hotel, they said we were selected to have a private viewing of the fireworks on a certain night.

When we arrived, they had it roped off for us. At the bottom of the rose garden, there was a loveseat, strawberries, roses and apple cider (Magic Kingdom is a "dry" park they told my husband and do not include liquor in the packages).

Just as tinker bell flew over us, he proposed. It was very romantic and we have beautiful pictures from that night.

There are many romantic places in Disney to propose. Good luck and congratulations!

9. Chuck-PA

Chuck-PA DIS Veteran

Our son just proposed to his girlfriend last month at the hotel.

They went to have their caricature drawn at the hotel near the lobby at POR.
    My husband and son ran ahead to the hotel while the GF and I strolled from the room talking and taking pictures so he could get it all set up with the artist.

The artist drew my son kneeling in a tux and his GF in a princess gown with Mickey Head earrings.
    He wrote on the top of the picture "Will you marry me?" When it was done, he turned the picture around and my son went to one knee. His GF was looking at the picture and then went beat red. She said yes!!.

She loves the picture. Everyone at home loved the idea.
    He did research on YouTube also, but he came up with this one on his own. She had been asking him to get one of these pictures done for the last 5 years.

10. mowatm

mowatm Earning My Ears

Whatever happens, make sure pictures are taken! :)

11. pixie08

pixie08 DIS Veteran

It depends on the couple. DH wanted to propose at Disney during Wishes but he knew I would freak if it was done on Main Street like that. I wouldn't want all of those onlookers (ok for some people, I am private). So he set up a whole thing and in a nutshell proposed on the beach at the Poly during Wishes (I think he used private events help).It was super romantic and he did this whole message in a bottle thing, and we had dinner at Narcoosee's, and there were flowers, champagne etc.. It was very special.

12. goofykb03

goofykb03 Mouseketeer

If you're into a more low-key idea, my BIL proposed to my sister on the beach at the Polynesian. They weren't staying there, just went over for a quiet early evening to lounge in a hammock on the beach before dinner at Ohana. Got her the Disney proposal while keeping it intimate and without too much Disney fanfare... much as we all love Disney, that wasn't really her thing so it was perfect for them!

I also remember as a kid eating in Cinderella's caste (no idea what the name was at that time) and there was a couple with kids at a table near us. The man proposed to the woman at their table with the kids there, and it was so sweet. I was really young, but I've always remembered it and thought it was really great princess:

13. vlproud

vlproud Earning My Ears

My fiance did propose in front of Cinderella's castle. He knows I love Cinderella and the pictures and video turned out amazing. (His parents snuck down to WDW to capture the whole thing for us.) People we didn't know made it special by cheering and clapping when I said yes and congratulated us. There's a lady in the video that was crying because she was so happy and offered to take pictures of us with my future in laws.

14. Pumbaa7287

Pumbaa7287 I am the great Stone Dragon!

We were at Disneyland Paris, because it combined our two favorite things in the world, travel and Disney! She actually proposed to me (this is our second engagement, so I had told her jokingly it was her turn, didn't know she'd actually do it!) in front of the castle there.

We stopped a CM and asked her to take our photo, explaining what had just happened in our best Frenglish. She didn't seem to understand until we pointed out our rings after the photo. She got wide eyed and said "Just now? You are engaged? That is so cool!" And walked off smiling. Indeed it was so cool :)

There's not really a wrong way to do it at Disney. If there's a particular country she loves in EPCOT, that can be a great picturesque setting, and it's where we had our engagement photos done later on.

There's also the Illuminations Cruise if you wanted something more private. Just the two of you and a boat driver as you watch Fireworks from the best spot in the park.

15. Saratoga Goofy

Saratoga Goofy Mouseketeer

Thanks for the beautiful ideas. I will pass them along to my nephew who I hope proposes soon.

16. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

Here is a link to the Engagements at WDW page of Disney Fairy Tale Weddings. It is a good place to start. They will work with your for a location, photographers, etc. It can be as public or private as you want.

17. Tammy296

Tammy296 DIS Veteran

Hmm...if I wanted someone to propose to me...

Beach Club on the beach, when the fireworks are going off... be sure to get down on one knee... ;)

then afterward, take a nice stroll around the lake, boardwalk, go for late night drinks... the rest... get the picture :offtopic:

Hope she says YES!!!! GOOD LUCK

18. Needafix

Needafix <font color=blue>I'm trying to make the most of ev

Holy cow....this made me cry reading it. This is my absolute most favorite proposal ever. Very cool!!!!!