Energy Plus?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by jjsmom, Jul 19, 2011.

1. jjsmom

jjsmom Mouseketeer

First of all, what is it? I am a Delmarva Power customer in Eastern MD. I've gotten 3 of these mypoints offers (4500 pts) in the last 2 months. I don't like signing up for anything I don't understand, but right now my electric bill is outrageous and way beyond budget, I'm desperate and I think I've tried everything possible to cut my bill from inside my house. Who can tell me about this?

2. lisam427

lisam427 DIS Veteran

i signed up with energy plus through mypoints. been with them since march. i did notice anywhere from a $7 to $10 a month drop since signing up with them. its a small savings but still a savings. this is not for the summer months where my bill is higher due to running my central air. plus the points through mypoints help too!

3. mommycrawford

mommycrawford DIS Veteran

I actually ended up with quite a debt with energy plus....I had a level billing plan and the real costs were much more than the level price.

I belive in wind power, so gave it a try, but the only thing green about it was the bills flying out of my pocket.

Just do your homework and see what vendors are charging so that you can make a good choice!

4. jjsmom

jjsmom Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies; I think I'll skip it.