Endurable Luggage

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by thepoohguy, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Melissa S

Melissa S DIS Veteran

That is too funny! I drove by Wenger and Clarins everyday last week and didn't want to park 1/2 mile away and wait in those crazy lines. But since you got such a good deal on luggage I may have to endure the wait next time LOL.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jiminyC_fan

jiminyC_fan <font color=FF00CC>Missing Captain Mickey!<br><fon

Hope this isn't considered off topic but so many of you like the rolling duffle bags. Doesn't your clothing end up totally wrinkled? I have never owned one. What is the advantage of duffle bags over "regular" suitcases?

To answer the OP's question, we have the Delsey brand and quite honestly they are really holding up better than our several Samsonites that we have owned. We have also owned Target cheapies and they don't last but a trip or two.....at least for us.

4. JeanfromBNA

JeanfromBNA "Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!"

I swear by Briggs and Riley. The line is huge, but here's an example: Briggs & Riley Explore 22 Upright in Lava.

Yes, it costs more, but it will last years and shake off ill treatment. I have a soft briefcase/carryon that I bought in 1997 that I still use daily, and it looks like I bought it a year ago.

Delsey is a good brand at a lower price point. I have a 28" Delsey that I have used for 15 years, and about 50 trips, and it's still in good shape. Here is one of their carryons in blue.

A lot of airline personnel use Travel Pro. Here is their 20" rollaboard in Spruce.

5. goofygurlie

goofygurlie Wag and the world wags with you...Howl and they pu

I see that no one mentioned the Disney Store luggage...which I just purchased. (Uh oh) I travel quite a bit (1-3 times per month). Last year, I purchased a cheap set at Ross's. It's not much to look at, but it held up very well. I recently purchased my new Mickey luggage as a treat to myself and to spot it easily. It has only been on one trip. Now I'm wondering if I should just save it for road trips and revert back to the old set for air travel.....:(

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

6. DisSarahK

DisSarahK Missing Mickey...

Yes, I use TravelPro and I've seen many flight attendants with my exact bag. I must have chosen well.

7. Casemily

Casemily Mouseketeer

From someone who has worked as a baggage handler, I'd love to offer a few tips when choosing luggage.
    1. Try to get a bag with handles at the top, bottom, and middle. This is especially important if you're going to pack 40+ pounds.
    2. Know that your bag may be under 4-5 other bags while traveling, so consider 150 pounds or more could be on your bag. Some fabric bags have better internal structure to handle the load over some hard side bags.
    3. Spinner bags are notorious for wheels breaking or pushing into the bag and breaking the bag. If you really like these bags, purchase from a company with a lifetime guarantee. They cost more but those companies make a great product that doesn't break as quickly and will fix or replace the bags for almost all issues. Or purchase then small so they are carryons that fit in the overhead.
    4. If you don't travel much, you can get bags for $20-40 at Walmart. Just know that it may only last for one trip.
    5. Lots of flight crews purchase luggage from Costco/clubhouse due to the fact that they can return and purchase a new one quicker than getting a bag repaired.

Finally a couple other tips for baggage in general.
    1. Ribbons are great for identifying your bag, but _please_ don't use the wire ribbon, it really hurts to get stuck/scratched up.
    2. If you've purchased a super spendy couture bag. Please consider purchasing a cover for it as well if you get upset by dirt or stains or scratches. It rains and snows, people pack wine/purfume and don't pack it in plastic, and frankly airports are dirty and all this can travel and stain your bag.

Hope you find this helpful!

8. mdvlprof

mdvlprof DIS Veteran

We go cheap. Anything valueable or irreplaceable, we carry on. When something happens to luggage, it's no big deal...

9. kaseyC

kaseyC Mom to 3 lovely Princesses

I have to throw a vote in for Briggs and Riley.:) Love the lifetime guarantee. I have quite a few pieces from their Transcend line, my favorites are my 26 inch rolling duffles, rolling cabin bag and tote. Great luggage and worth every penny.

10. bigtony777

bigtony777 Disney Veteran

I will recommend Traveler's Choice hardside spinners. We have used them for about 4 years and take 6-8 trips per year.

11. jiminyC_fan

jiminyC_fan <font color=FF00CC>Missing Captain Mickey!<br><fon

:thumbsup2 Fantastic post!!