Encouraging the boyfriend!

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by HannahBanana90, May 14, 2014.

1. HannahBanana90

HannahBanana90 Earning My Ears

Hi there, this is my first post but have been following the forums for a while now!

I'm a massive Disney fan (though nobody gets it) I just love Disneyworld! I'm going back in September for my 7th trip (from England) and am taking my boyfriend on his first trip! But I'm scared he won't 'get it'! :( How can I make him enjoy it as much as I do as he's pessimistic atm...

Thanks,
    Hannah

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. RHMH

RHMH When I retire, I want to get a real job and work f

:welcome:Dis Family :disrocks:

IMO - Disney will do it's job on your BF. As soon as he steps in the Magic Kingdom... He will fall in love with the Magic and be hooked for life...:goodvibes

The combination of You and him being at Disney, Music, CM's food and the rides will all overwhelm him.

4. Kristina4109

Kristina4109 Rocking my Disney side since 1976

My guess is that there is SOMETHING he will like, even if he doesn't know it yet. Does he love dining? Book some great restaurants like Jiko. Beer? Try a beer in each country around World Showcase! (And take the monorail afterwards.) Sports? See what's happening at Wide World of Sports. Swimming? Hit the resort pool. Music? See what live acts are playing at DTD.

5. HannahBanana90

HannahBanana90 Earning My Ears

Thanks :) He's been encouraged with some playing tennis, sweets at the Halloween party and is even getting in to hidden mickeys!! So excited to share Disney with him!

6. jesswindsor

jesswindsor DIS Veteran

Welcome!!!

7. rewilliams

rewilliams Mouseketeer

When we went 4 years ago my hubby was like okay whatever...but after day one he saw and felt the magic! He got into the pin trading that my daughter and I were doing and he just started to get into it!

8. fluffykalie

fluffykalie Mouseketeer

It took me years to get my husband to finally agree to a disney world trip. now we go once a year. we both had diffrent vacation styles im commando hes very relaxed. we found a happy medium. Pin tradeing helped really get him into disney too. :woohoo:

9. elunemoon

elunemoon Earning My Ears

i finally talked my hubby into it

10. BP Roo

BP Roo Earning My Ears

For anyone else in this same conundrum. In 2009, my gf talked me into a trip to the World. I was not incredibly enthused about the trip to be honest. Although I had always enjoyed theme parks, I just wasn't much on the Disney brand except for an unhealthy obsession with The Black Cauldron (don't ask).:stir:

I didn't even need the castle to sway me. We visited Epcot first, and the moment I caught that first glimpse of Spaceship Earth I was hooked for life. How hooked, you might ask? We have since made another trip to DW, two to Disneyland, and just got back from Disneyland Paris. Oh, and I named our dog Figment!

11. mojo0403

mojo0403 Earning My Ears

It took me a week to persuade my hubby to book our family holiday.....👍