enchanted graden

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by ready2 cruise, Oct 1, 2012.

1. ready2 cruise

ready2 cruise Mouseketeer

In looking at the menus, I found so many options that look good at Animators and royal, but I am not sure about EnchantedGarden, what's good there? I eat meat, fish, seafood, everything pretty much, what do you recommend I order?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Zandy595

Zandy595 DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f

My favorite foods on the ship are at EG.
    1. Pan-seared Sea Bass :lovestruc
    2. Prime Rib (this is in place of the The EG Tuna Salad, that's not on the menu anymore)
    3. Caramelized Sea Scallops
    4. North Atlantic Lobster Ravioli

4. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

I trust you are looking at the part of the signature menu that is on line. Remember that those don't show the full menu, and that every night you can get broiled fish, chicken, or beef "plain." We had no trouble finding something yummy each night. If your cruise is longer than 3 nights, your other nights will be the theme menu regardless of where you are sitting.

5. Zandy595

I'm not sure I'm understanding this correctly. The rotational menus for each restaurant seem to have all the items (Dream).

There's a link (in my signature) to a thread where I posted scans of the actual menus for the 4-night Dream cruise.

6. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Sorry--I didn't see your link initially. The page that I am familiar with on DCL's web site does not show the full menu. You have indeed posted a scan of the menu. I made the assumption that OP was looking at the DCL site.

7. ready2 cruise

Thanks! I think I will try the Sea Bass, does it come well cooked or should I ask for it "well done" if this is how I prefer it? my husband likes all his fish barely cooked, I on the other hand like them well cooked. Same with meat :-)

8. lovedvc

lovedvc Mouseketeer

The sea bass is awesome just the way it comes, no need for well done. Enjoy!

9. Zandy595

That's actually what I was trying to say. I guess, not so clearly. ;) The menus I look at on DisneyCruise.com are complete menus (same as the scans).

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/dream/dining/enchanted-garden/

10. Zandy595

Don't worry, they fully cook all the seafood, except what is supposed to be raw (sushi, ahi tuna).

11. ready2 cruise

ok, now I am pushing it, but how is the tuna tower app? I love raw tuna but am wondering how good(and safe) it is to order when they are making a couple hundred or thousand of these?!

12. EeyoreIsMyName

EeyoreIsMyName DIS Veteran

Our party enjoyed:
    North Atlantic Lobster Ravioli
    Cream of Asparagus Soup
    Carmelizzed Sea Scallops
    Country Currant Bread (our favorite bread of the entire cruise!)
    Roasted Pork Tenderloin
    Sweet Temptations (particularly thepassion fruit tart and sacher torte!)

Bon Appetit! :cheer2:

13. disneyholic family

disneyholic family <font color=teal>Wayne always catches me<br><font

so i guess i'm not the only one who has already read through all the menus and picked out what i'm going to order! :goodvibes

14. newbydisney

newbydisney DIS Veteran

I know it's all very subjective..and everyone's tastes are different and every night can be different..but we would book Palo on EG night in the future, almost everyone at our table was not that happy with any of the courses except the Prime Rib. The Sea Bass was watery and rather tasteless..the scallops were small and bland, the tuna tower was tiny and again rather tasteless..and the trio of desserts was to me just plain awful. But again, everyone has their own experience and if you don't like something you can always get something different....I miss Parrot Cay...:(

15. Zandy595

Well, taste is definitely subjective, but I can tell you the scallops we had were about 1 3/4" in diameter, which to me is large. Maybe you were there on a bad night.

My family loves French onion soup and we get it a lot when we go out. We've also had it on DCL before and it was really good. However, on our last cruise DS ordered it at RP and said there was something wrong with it. I tried it and it tasted strange. I knew that it wasn't supposed be like that. Someone had made a mistake in the kitchen because no matter how different people's tastes are there was no way anyone would have liked this soup. It really surprised me that they had sent something so bad out of the kitchen.