"Enchanted:” The E! True Disneyworld Trip Report of a Birthday Princess (UPDATE 4/26)

Enchanted

DIS Veteran
CIMG2135.jpg

Once upon a time, there was a princess named Emily, who loved the kingdom of Magic in the faraway land of Florida more than any other. This is her story….

Hello, everyone! For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Emily (but my friends call me Em), I’m 21 years old, and Walt Disney World is one of my favorite places in the entire world. I’m a college student, working on getting my Bachelor’s degree in English, and I eventually want to write children’s novels for a living. I know, dare to dream, right? ;) I still live at home with my wonderful parents and my two younger brothers. I work part time at one of our local grocery stores as a cashier while I go to school. I genuinely love my life right now and appreciate everything that I’ve been given. I’m very blessed. :goodvibes

Here’s a picture of me so that you have a face to go with a name. Hi! :laughing:

CIMG2891.jpg

Some random facts about me:

- My favorite Disney movie is “Beauty and the Beast” and my favorite Disney character is Belle from that movie.

- I LOVE photography, which means you’re going to see a LOT of pictures in this TR.

- My favorite Disney resorts include the Poly, AKL, CBR, and Pop Century

If you’re interested, you may want to check out my pre-trip report for more background information on our trip. It’s only fourteen pages and a pretty quick read with lots of pictures! I highly recommend it! But if you’re short on time, here are some quick facts about our trip that will help catch you up on the most important details.

The when:

March 20th-29th, 2009

The who:

Me: See above. ;)

Mom: Everybody says this, I know, but…my mom is the best mom EVER! She’s my best friend, and I just adore everything about her. Since we’re the only girls in my house (I have two younger brothers, 19 and 15, and of course there’s my Dad), Mom and I have to stick together. Disney is one of our strongest common bonds. Mom loves the classics, particularly Peter Pan (He’s her absolute favorite, I think. She loves to point out that I’m like Wendy and my brothers are like John and Michael.) and Lady and the Tramp. We also both love the Pirates movies and have crushes on Johnny Depp. He’s SO dreamy! Mom and I often sit around and talk Disney while catching up on our Tivo’ed soaps. Mom is very cheerful and upbeat and always ready to lend a helping hand.

Also, she has a MASSIVE pin collection, which she is always bringing with her to WDW. These days, I think she has one whole bag that’s JUST lanyards and she switches them off every time we leave the hotel room. Meanwhile, I only have one lanyard and I hardly ever wear it!

My Aunt C: The “C” in Aunt C’s name stands for Cinderella, which is her favorite Disney princess. Since both she and my mom wish to remain anonymous (or anonyMOUSE…hahahaha…sorry I had to….), I thought the nickname suited her. ;) Aunt C lives and breathes for all things Disney, shopping, and happily ever after. Which is what makes her so awesome. She and my uncle couldn’t have kids so she has taken to spoiling me and my brothers rotten, including taking us to Disney at least once a year. She always knows how to make me laugh, and she’s always up for a good time. She’s always let me be in on the planning of our trips and often lets me take the reins completely when she’s feeling lazy because she says I’m such a good planner! It was her who got me and Mom so obsessed with WDW, and this year all three of us have annual passports to indulge our obsession! Woo-hoo! Aunt C also enjoys pin trading but doesn’t bring her large collection of pins with her each trip.

The why:

I turned 21 in February!!!! And we have annual passports!!!!

The where:

When my aunt booked the hotel, all she would tell me was, “It’s a surprise…”

A surprise hotel?! For us, who usually stay moderate on our trips, that only means one thing….

DELUXE, baby! :cool1: :woohoo: :banana:

But things often change, as many things did for our trip. So you’re just going to have to read on to find out where exactly we ended up staying…. ;)

So that’s just about everything you need to know about before I get started. I just want to say hello to all of my PTR friends who are just plain AWESOME and who are incredibly patient and sweet considering they've been waiting almost a month for this. You guys rock! I hope you enjoy my TR as much as I enjoyed my trip! :wizard:

And now I hope you join me for the wild, crazy, unpredictable (but always fun!) occasion that was my birthday trip. Hold onto the handrails, kids, because this could be a bumpy ride! :cool2:

I'm totally subbing to your TR...I can't wait until you add more!:woohoo:
Also, the quote in your PTR was from Ferris Bueller's Day Off...yes, I consider myself a movie geek too :-)

~Emily:tink:

Hooray!!! You started your trippie...can't wait to read more!! Especially find out what hotel you stayed in! :thumbsup2

Great start to your TR. I am looking forward to seeing if your top 10 givens got completed, especially the margarita one :lmao:.

Yes!! I'm so excited!

Subbing!

I'm joining in too. It sounds like it will be a fun report. I'm a picture freak too. I love looking at them as well as psoting them. LOL!
I missed out on your PTR, but maybe I'll get a chance and go read it.

Yay Emily! How we've missed you! I leave in a few days... :woohoo: but I'm dying to read about your trip and where you guys did end up staying! I can't wait til your first installment! :lovestruc

I'm hooked just with the first bit, I think you could be a very good storyteller;)

AHHH I'M FIRST!:cool1:

I am SO on board!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Hi, Meg! :hug: I had a feeling you'd be first. ;)

I'm totally subbing to your TR...I can't wait until you add more!:woohoo:
Also, the quote in your PTR was from Ferris Bueller's Day Off...yes, I consider myself a movie geek too :-)

~Emily:tink:

Another Emily! How cool! Haha, welcome! And yes, the quote was from Ferris Bueller. Go you for knowing that! :banana:

subbing cause I hope to hear about BELLE merchandise :goodvibes popcorn::

Hey there! I actually took pictures of Belle stuff specifically because you asked for it in the PTR. :goodvibes So stay tuned, your wish is my command!

Hooray!!! You started your trippie...can't wait to read more!! Especially find out what hotel you stayed in! :thumbsup2

Hey, Emma! Glad you stopped by! :hug: I can't wait to catch up on your TR. I wanna know how your cruise turned out!

Great start to your TR. I am looking forward to seeing if your top 10 givens got completed, especially the margarita one :lmao:.

Haha, yes, you'll definitely be hearing about the top 10 givens again. :thumbsup2

Yes!! I'm so excited!

Subbing!

Rory! Hey, girl!!! :hug:

Happy Birthday! What a great birthday present!

Thank you! It was quite possibly the BEST birthday present ever. :yay:

Joinin' in.

Welcome aboard! :goodvibes

Looking forward to it!

Thanks! :thumbsup2

I'm in!!! I even made it on the first page!

Hey there! Glad to hear it! :thumbsup2

Sounds great! I'm in!

Awesome! :goodvibes

I'm here!!!!!!!!

Hey, girl! I promise I'm going to catch up on your TR ASAP. I have to hear the whole story of Eddie!!! ;)

Can we start a pool- I say Contemporary - MK view!

Haha, taking bets. That's too funny! :lmao: Welcome aboard!

I'm joining in too. It sounds like it will be a fun report. I'm a picture freak too. I love looking at them as well as psoting them. LOL!
I missed out on your PTR, but maybe I'll get a chance and go read it.

Hi there! Glad to see you're coming along for the ride. :goodvibes

Yay Emily! How we've missed you! I leave in a few days... :woohoo: but I'm dying to read about your trip and where you guys did end up staying! I can't wait til your first installment! :lovestruc

Hey, Tarah! I'm so excited for you and your family! :woohoo: Just a few more days! :goodvibes

I'm hooked just with the first bit, I think you could be a very good storyteller;)

Aw, thanks! :blush: Welcome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter