Emmysdaddy Joins the Damsels to Dine, Even with Princesses: Em started PDR see link

Wow there are just NO words for the experience you had there!! The fact that you are still willing to go back after all of that is seriously saying something seeing as I've seen people swear off restaurants for far less. There is no question in my mind that you didn't deserve to have that meal compensated. A rat!?!? And no one was doing anything about it!? Ugh :sick: :eek:.

:scared1: A rat in the restaurant! :scared1:

Seriously, it was completely adequate to have your meal comped after all that. :sick: This is so disturbing! :eek:

I said I wouldn't go back after our experience back in 20007, but after reading your two-part review, I know for sure we won't go back. You definitely deserved to be comped.

Holy moses, a RAT??!! :scared1: I give you a lot of credit for even thinking of giving them another try, just reading about your experience has taken HBD off my list. I'm so sorry that happened to you and your family and happy the manager finally stepped up and did the right thing. You definitely deserved to have your meal comped! I'm still shuddering at the thought!

Just caught up with your HBD review (although I had a sneak preview in DL ;))
I'm just glad to see that you and Em were still smiling at the end of the evening :)

I would be very reluctant to eat at HBD because there is no such thing as a rat. Rats, like mice, do not exist in the singular - only in the plural. If you saw one rat, there is a colony living there. And if one ventured out into the guest area, more are living in and around the kitchen. EEK!

ERMAHGERD!!!:crazy2: I'd heard about the rat but reading this review brought it to life. Sorry to hear that you had a horrible time there. It seems like everything that could have gone wrong, did! I'm glad you had some other great meals to make up for that!

Wow, that was a surprise ending! I'm not sure which is more upsetting, that there's a rat there or that it was there for 30 minutes and they didn't think they should alert people in the dining room!

I hope that was the worst experience during your trip...

Holy cow, I just finished your HBD review - what a mess!!! And a rat??!!:scared1::scared1::scared1: I'm freaked out just reading about it, I would've been totally screaming in person!

Reading your review before I leave work and I have on thought about the Wave. I am not as big of a fan of theming in restaurants outside the theme parks as some. I enjoyed the Wave's theming thought because it felt like a nice place back home. I think Breakfast at the World is not that great even at a place like the Wave. Maybe, you should try lunch or dinner there next time. I really enjoyed the Lamb Shank there and mom enjoyed the Steak at the place when we ate there in July. It was the best dinner I had on site.

Did you see the rat yourself?
And you did not know what the sprinkling on the butter was? Really?

I think I read that the manager said that he knew the rat was there. So, not sure that it was necessary to see it for yourself.

What a horrible dining experience. It sounds like the waiter didn't have a clue about anything. I would have called it a night after the drink disaster. I could relate about the bartender trying to make it right for you. It was nice of him but after a while, I'm sure you just wanted him to leave you alone.

Too bad the manager waited until the rat incident to comp. your meal. This should have been done immediately.

BTW, love your report. The pictures along with the reviews are great!!!

I think I read that the manager said that he knew the rat was there. So, not sure that it was necessary to see it for yourself.

What a horrible dining experience. It sounds like the waiter didn't have a clue about anything. I would have called it a night after the drink disaster. I could relate about the bartender trying to make it right for you. It was nice of him but after a while, I'm sure you just wanted him to leave you alone.

Too bad the manager waited until the rat incident to comp. your meal. This should have been done immediately.

BTW, love your report. The pictures along with the reviews are great!!!

I have a very hard time to believe this story. The OP is so critical about almost everything just walks out the door laughing ? About a rat?

I have a very hard time to believe this story. The OP is so critical about almost everything just walks out the door laughing ? About a rat?

Really? I have a hard time thinking she would make this up! The world could use more people who could spend an evening like that and still walk out laughing. I applaud the OP for her positive attitude! :goodvibes:

With respect, I saw Brenda and her family not long after the HBD incident and they told us the same story. I have no reason to disbelieve her and I think it is incredibly rude of you to accuse her of lying without any justification :sad2:

Get ready to be flamed for this because Brenda has lots of friends here on the dining board.

I don't believe she would ever make anything like this up. She has always been a fair and positive dining reviewer so I'm coming to her defense.

Brenda has written multiple dining reviews over the past couple of years, has had positive HBD experiences in the past, and already has a large following on these boards, so I'm not sure what she would stand to gain out of fabricating this story. I suggest that in the future you take your potential concerns to a moderator, Kaspar Houser, before accusing someone of lying in public.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter