Emmysdaddy Joins the Damsels to Dine, Even with Princesses: Em started PDR see link

I love the cheese plate review and happy birthday to Michael! I am the opposite of you when it comes to cheese. I love the soft gooey ones, lol.

I am a cheap clothes shopper as well! My favorite place is Kohl's! Excellent clearance deals and then you can use 15 or 20% off coupons which I get in my e-mail weekly! I shopped at Ross as well. I got my dress I will be wearing to V&A's from there! (Provided I don't gain weight in our first 13 days at WDW lol.) IF I gain ANY weight it will NOT fit! I did SPLURGE on my Disney shirts... but I had 10% off by using my Disney Visa and bought the 2 for $28 so not too bad!

I am also a Packers fan!! I grew up in WI!

On the shoes in the picture you posted... those little tiny ones!?!? Are those like fast flats you can keep in your purse and put on?!?! I'm afraid my heels are going to kill my feet! If they are little flat shoes where do you get them?!?!

Mmm, I love Yachtsman. Glad you had a great meal (outside the goo!). I love those onion rolls and may just got for the madelines alone. :)

Jill in CO

Ew, what is that smear of red on the veal chop plate! It looks like they rubbed the blood of the raw chop on the plate before! haha

I love the cheese plate review and happy birthday to Michael! I am the opposite of you when it comes to cheese. I love the soft gooey ones, lol.

Rosey - you and Paula sound like you have similar tastes! You wouldn't share a cheese plate well together though! Might be a funny scene seeing you spar for the soft gooey cheeses!!! :lmao:

I am a cheap clothes shopper as well! My favorite place is Kohl's! Excellent clearance deals and then you can use 15 or 20% off coupons which I get in my e-mail weekly!

I love Kohl's but I don't shop there too often since there is not one nearby. Well, nearby is relative because I would have to travel 20 minutes - past Ross, past Forever 21, and past Marshalls! :upsidedowI shopped at Ross as well. I got my dress I will be wearing to V&A's from there! (Provided I don't gain weight in our first 13 days at WDW lol.) IF I gain ANY weight it will NOT fit!

Oh my gosh!! I had to laugh at this comment ... I leave my looser clothing for later in the trip because I just don't know what happens by after a week on vacation my clothes just don't fit the same!!! :rotfl:

I did SPLURGE on my Disney shirts... but I had 10% off by using my Disney Visa and bought the 2 for $28 so not too bad!
I saw your success with on-line shopping! Great deals and cute stuff - gotta love it!

I am also a Packers fan!! I grew up in WI!

I didn't know that! My DH's family currently lives in the Green Bay and Sturgeon Bay areas of WI. I've traveled about 10 times on business to Madison. Oh and my MIL used to live outside Madison in New Glarus.

On the shoes in the picture you posted... those little tiny ones!?!? Are those like fast flats you can keep in your purse and put on?!?! I'm afraid my heels are going to kill my feet! If they are little flat shoes where do you get them?!?!

I think you are seeing my Converse ped socks. Oh yeah, I did carry flip flops in my bag if we had to walk at all for our nicer dinners. I have no desire to kill my feet!

Glad to see other important topics popping up here - fashion and shoes!! :rotfl2: My DH certainly didn't understand why we needed so many bags for the trip. :upsidedow

Mmm, I love Yachtsman. Glad you had a great meal (outside the goo!). I love those onion rolls and may just got for the madelines alone. :)

Jill in CO

Now that I know they serve complimentary madelines it certainly makes the prospect of ordering dessert not be mandatory any longer! :)

Great review of YSH! The idea of bone marrow gives me the heebie-jeebies too!:scared:

YES! I just don't think of it as FOOD! :crazy2:

Ew, what is that smear of red on the lamb chop plate! It looks like they rubbed the blood of the raw chop on the plate before! haha

Oh my! I didn't think of it in that way until you mentioned that. It was some jus that happened to be red and look somewhat scary like you point out. I can assure you that Em said it was fine. :)

Oh my! I didn't think of it in that way until you mentioned that. It was some jus that happened to be red and look somewhat scary like you point out. I can assure you that Em said it was fine. :)

Lol, sorry of course my mind reverts to the grossest possible things!:lmao:

Well you know we couldn't let your food report be just about food lol!

I have 4 Kohl's I can easily get to so I guess that is why I lean to going there!

I would leave looser fitting clothing till later in the vacation but I've been having issues finding a nice dress for not a lot of money so when I found this one I had to get it. If it doesn't fit I do have an alternative its just not as nice!

What a small world! I lived in Sturgeon Bay from when I was 4 or so till I moved to CA when I was 26! My parents built their house in Winneconne where they now live (near Oshkosh)

bummer those were socks! I thought they might be when I went back to look at the picture again! I'm not sure flip flops will pit in the bag I planned to use! I guess I need to check that out!!

Back to the food! The steaks look delicious! The Red stuff on the plate is probably a beet juice or something similar. Its all about plating lol. I will probably have a Ribeye as well as its my go-to cut of meat. Hubby usually gets the Filet! (opposite of you and your DH! lol!)

You are totally like me, Brenda. When I order a steak, it has to be 8oz. or smaller otherwise it won't fit! I think the happy anniversary plate was a great touch! Emmy's sundae looks fabulous.

Sorry for this being out of place but I totally forgot that we had dropped by Starring Rolls in the afternoon after our Sci-Fi lunch and before our YSH dinner.

Inserting snack break here....​

DSC03017.jpg

Since neither Michael nor I had indulged in any dessert at Sci-Fi, why not have a mid-afternoon treat! I had seen reviews of the “legendary” red velvet cupcakes so it was not a difficult decision to pick out a sweet treat to share.

Mind you I wish I had tried as many cupcakes as Mr. DDW - I think he had like 30 on his recent trip. Here's where he chronicled his conquest of cupcakes.

Here’s the cupcake in its original glory:
DSC03007.jpg

DSC03005.jpg

Here’s the inside after dissecting it:

DSC03008.jpg

I LOVED the toffee pieces that garnished the top since I like the crunchy texture layered with the creamy frosting. There was a cream cheese dollop dropped right in the middle of the frosting crown. The cake part was perfectly moist and delicious. I may have eaten the entire thing had I not been in such a sharing mood.

Photo Tour of Starring Rolls:
DSC03004.jpg

DSC03002.jpg

DSC03003.jpg

DSC03001.jpg

DSC03000.jpg

DSC02999.jpg

DSC02998.jpg

DSC02997.jpg

DSC02996.jpg

DSC02995.jpg

DSC02994.jpg

DSC02993.jpg

DSC02992.jpg

DSC02991.jpg

I was just coming here to reply to your completed Yachtsman review, so the cupcake update is a nice bonus! Glad you really enjoyed your Starring Rolls treat. :thumbsup2 And it's great that you enjoyed your Yachtsman experience overall, from (most of) the food to the service. I'm not even a big steak lover, but all this amazing filet commentary has me craving it again. :laughing:

The red velvet was (I think), the only cupcake we tried last year and we found it amazing. :cloud9: Even though I want to try some more, I definitely want to repeat the red velvet cupcake! :)

We've bought some goat cheese marinated in olive oil with herbs in a similar pot as the one on the Yatchman plate and it was really good. However, the cheese was formed in little balls and had no rind.

Red velvet is my favorite cupcake. I ate the whole thing and didn't think I would! I can't wait to ave one of those again!

Brenda,

It was so funny how your husband remembered us. KAMP :lmao: But when I told my DH he said that's how he would remember it also. The way the minds of men work sometimes is crazy, but hey, if it works go for it!!!:rotfl2: :thumbsup2. Glad you had a great YSH meal. I could hear the choir singing as I was reading it. It only stopped momentarily for the "goo" and the marrow. Small intermissions though. :lmao: Can't wait to read more.

Christen you are too funny! I'll let you in on a little secret, I buy cheap clothes from Forever21, Ross, and other discount stores. In my PTR I noted this obsession here. ;) But thanks for noticing my cheapo attire!! :lmao:

So do you eat casseroles that have food all thrown together?? :lmao: Actually, I don't mind my food touching but I can completely understand the concept of may I say, an obsessive/compulsive tendency, since I can't stand the couch cushions to be askew or cabinet doors to be ajar or to have books not lined up in the bookcase... you get the idea!:scared: I mean't all the above in a good way... :goodvibes

I remember you saying you shopped there… problem is- I live in the middle of the Cornfield. Seriously… the hospital I work at is LITERALLY surrounded by cornfields on all sides. When I look out the window in our office I see cornfields… Closest Target is an hour away. :guilty: I LOVE Ross, shopped there all the time when I lived near one. There is an outlet mall semi-close, but I haven't made it out there quite yet.

Casseroles are totally different! If the food is cooked together or a Salad, that is fine!

Those cupcakes look AMAZING! I cannot wait to try one! I know my girls will love that place too! :yay:

Brenda, you have me offiically drooling over your filet and I know what I'm ordering in December. I want one now it looks so good.

We've done only one signature restaurant in all of our visits to DW and that was Brown Derby which we totally disliked in all regards; but I really think Mark will like this special lunch at Yachtsman for his 60th.

Thanks Avasmommy! Thanks for the compliment on the photo. More YSH momentarily.

I just noticed and wanted to comment that Em loves the name Lucy and already wants to name any daughter she has by that name! (Yeah, she's a long way away from that but she mentioned that several years ago!) I just showed her your signature and she smiled.

Aww, it's one of my favorite names too!!! I love Lucille Ball so of course I had to use Lucy! Confession, because in my signature it looks like it could be either way, it's actually my dear doggys name, she came before my DD (Ava Elizabeth, my sweet baby :love:) so she got the name first :goodvibes

Love the rest of Yatchmans! The filet looks so good, I'm having a really hard time choosing YSH or LeCelliers filet, I may have to just squeeze in both! And I agree about the bone marrow :eek:

Starring rolls!! I cannot wait for that Red Velvet cupcake!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter