Emmysdaddy Accompanies the Damsels & Yes, He Posed with Princesses 2/2 Completed

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - Day 6, Part 3

When we arrived back at the hotel after being in MK, our room was being cleaned late in the afternoon. We decided to go over to the CR and hang out in the lounge area of the 2nd floor to wait for them to finish.
Chilling:
DSC_0504.jpg

DSC_0510.jpg

After relaxing in the room before dinner we had to get moving to Epcot since we had an 8pm ADR at Teppan Edo.

After arriving at Epcot, we had to take a few photopass photos. Michael wonders why I need to get photos with every photopass dude - he obviously doesn't know me that well. ;)
DSC03866.jpg

DSC03874.jpg

DSC03877.jpg

Em loved the Phineus and Ferb topiaries

DSC03880.jpg

DSC03881.jpg

Why yes, another photopass photographer.
DSC03887.jpg

I have a Nikon D3100 that I rarely use since I'm not a photographer. I brought it with me on this trip but didn't use it but a couple of days. Honestly, if I knew how to use it on something other than auto setting it may be worth the investment. Instead, it just seemed to be an accessory. See below.
DSC03891.jpg

DSC03894.jpg

Does anyone know the event that they have at Epcot - specifically Morocco where they serve food and drinks? They were setting up but I didn't see any signs so I don't know if it was a private event or not.

DSC03896.jpg

DSC03898.jpg

Our destination:

DSC03902.jpg

We checked in for dinner and Em was presente with a lovely origami bird by the hostess - very nice.
DSC03904.jpg

Here's my DR for Teppan Edo.

Following dinner the park was already closed so we enjoyed our stroll to the monorail taking photos along the way.

DSC03955.jpg

DSC03961.jpg

DSC03969.jpg

DSC03989.jpg

I love the twinkling lights in the lightup walkway near the fountain:
DSC03992.jpg

DSC03996.jpg

After arriving back at CR/BLT, we decided to get a few snacks from the Fantasia Market:
DSC04002.jpg

Our few snacks. We had a serious case of the munchies (not the kind associated with illicit herbs!) Most of this didn't get eaten.

DSC04005.jpg

It's late and I wanted to get a quick update posted so my apologies if this is more photo-based than narrative! But you get the idea.​

What pretty fountain pictures! Sometimes an update heavy on the pics is a good thing!

I love Teppan Edo, but its been a while since I've eaten there.

No - I, didn't start a new TR yet, but I am hoping too when I finish the current one. I am on the last day! :thumbsup2

Your meal at Teppan Edo looks really good! I haven't been there in years, but I remember it being lots of fun! I keep thinking that that or Ohana would be a fun meal for our families during our wedding trip!

My DH couldn't understand stopping at all the Photopass Photog either... I really wish I had looked at some of the pics before we left WDW and I would have insisted on more of them! A lot of our pics didn't turn out very good.

I love Em's Dress and your bag!!

I love Em's dress too!!! It looks great on her! I could never wear that but I love those type of dresses.

Nice France fountain shot! So pretty!

Read it all tonight and what a fun report. I would love to stay one day at both resorts. BLT I would love the lake view.

You are having a lot of dismeets. That is always fun.

I also have the d3100 and it does take some getting used to. This trip was my first one with not using the auto settings.

Looking forward to reading more.

Brenda, beautiful pictures around Epcot (Spaceship Earth one is especially beautiful), and you and your daughter look so pretty in your dresses.

Even if you do use your camera on automatic, your pictures are still awesome and have brightened a gloomy London morning :goodvibes

What pretty fountain pictures! Sometimes an update heavy on the pics is a good thing!

I love Teppan Edo, but its been a while since I've eaten there.

No - I, didn't start a new TR yet, but I am hoping too when I finish the current one. I am on the last day! :thumbsup2

Hi Mary Ellen! I should have admitted that I was feeling rather lazy and low on words that day - thus a photo update!

Your meal at Teppan Edo looks really good! I haven't been there in years, but I remember it being lots of fun! I keep thinking that that or Ohana would be a fun meal for our families during our wedding trip!

Hi Sara! With the right dining companions it is a TON of fun... either way, it's a show AND dinner!! :thumbsup2

'Ohana may be a great meal for the families for your wedding trip!

My DH couldn't understand stopping at all the Photopass Photog either... I really wish I had looked at some of the pics before we left WDW and I would have insisted on more of them! A lot of our pics didn't turn out very good.

I love Em's Dress and your bag!!

Hi Paula! Ha! I know, if I had seen some of the dud photos ahead of time I definitely would have had some re-takes! You did have a lot of great photos that I've seen. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the fashion compliments!

I love Em's dress too!!! It looks great on her! I could never wear that but I love those type of dresses.

Nice France fountain shot! So pretty!

Hi Rachel. I think I got lucky with the French fountain as I don't typically take great photos at night!

If I were 10 lbs lighter and 20 years younger I would love to wear Em's dress!

Read it all tonight and what a fun report. I would love to stay one day at both resorts. BLT I would love the lake view.

You are having a lot of dismeets. That is always fun.

I also have the d3100 and it does take some getting used to. This trip was my first one with not using the auto settings.

Looking forward to reading more.

Hi there! The Lake View was so beautiful - especially with the sunrise in the morning. Simply glorious!

I need to watch the Nikon video that came with my camera. Is that lame that I've never really learned to use it.... I can't complain if I don't try it. :p

Brenda, beautiful pictures around Epcot (Spaceship Earth one is especially beautiful), and you and your daughter look so pretty in your dresses.

Hi kathy! Thanks! :goodvibes

Even if you do use your camera on automatic, your pictures are still awesome and have brightened a gloomy London morning :goodvibes

Thanks Linda. Sending you virtual sunshine and hugs from So CA! :goodvibes

I enjoyed your EPCOT update!

The men just don't get the photopass thing :sad2:

That's probably why my group (17 guys, 3 gals) on the class trip only posed for one photo. And I wasn't even there!

Em's bag is great- looks like it can carry a lot!

Teppen Edo was one of the restaurants my DH and I went to on every trip before the boys came along. We took them once, on their first trip to Disney in 2004, but we haven't been back. Too many restaurants, so little time. But they have loved the teppanyaki places we have been locally and in Mexico (weird, right?), so we may make this on one of our next trips.

The Minnie on the grill is so cute!!!

The picture of the fountain in France is stunning! Did you do any editing on it?

Love your munchies display. What is the flip flop? Is it a cookie?

I enjoyed your EPCOT update!

The men just don't get the photopass thing :sad2:

:rotfl2:

That's probably why my group (17 guys, 3 gals) on the class trip only posed for one photo. And I wasn't even there!

Em's bag is great- looks like it can carry a lot!
She certainly wasn't intimidated to carry that around all trip!

Teppen Edo was one of the restaurants my DH and I went to on every trip before the boys came along. We took them once, on their first trip to Disney in 2004, but we haven't been back. Too many restaurants, so little time. But they have loved the teppanyaki places we have been locally and in Mexico (weird, right?), so we may make this on one of our next trips.

The Minnie on the grill is so cute!!!

The picture of the fountain in France is stunning! Did you do any editing on it?
Nope - just a raw image for which I got lucky and was able to hold the camera still long enough to take the photo!

Love your munchies display. What is the flip flop? Is it a cookie?

Hi Dee! The flip flop is a krispy treat. We also purchased a baseball version later in the trip. I'm addicted to these little treats. I have to get them every trip! :upsidedow

Friday August 24, 2012: Day 7 Part 1

This was to be an Epcot day with a slow start since we had breakfast at the resort in The Wave restaurant at 8am. As was typical, I was up early before anyone so enjoyed some alone time on the balcony watching the sunrise. Glorious!!

DSC04026.jpg

Anyone who has read my past dining reports knows that I’m not a huge fan of this restaurant but I’m willing to give it a 3rd or 4th try. Well… actually, Em does like it so I’m willing to skip a meal if it makes her happy to eat here. Read my The Wave dining review here to see if this was a hit or miss the third time I tried it!

DSC04095.jpg

After breakfast we took the monorail to Epcot where our first stop was the Character Spot after a few photopass photos at the entrance.

DSC04113.jpg

DSC04116.jpg

DSC04123.jpg

This is one of my favorite photo ops with characters in all of WDW! It was a 40 minute wait which was just long enough for Michael to ask why the need to stand that long for puppets on steroids?? He so doesn’t have the Disney spirit! I must say that he didn’t complain, too much and actually appeared to not mind posing with the characters.

First was Mickey – the big guy! He was quite charming – even though he never said a word!

Photo0154FourBySix.jpg

DSC04127.jpg

Next was Pluto followed by Minnie who appreciated the fact that I was sporting her image on my shirt!

Photo0160FourBySix.jpg

Photo0162FourBySix.jpg

Photo0163FourBySix.jpg

These guys were followed by Donald. If this duck could blush I think I would have made him do so. I just happened to notice that we was wearing a shirt but no pants so I may have made a remark to the effect of, “Hey Donald. Where’s your pants?” He ducked behind the scenery covering his duck parts rather quickly. I apologized to him and said that it’s ok because Pluto didn’t have ANY clothes. He eventually returned to pose with us for a few photos. Poor guy, didn’t know he was so sensitive!

Hey Donald, Where's Your Pants?
Photo0165FourBySix.jpg

Photo0166FourBySix.jpg

Photo0167FourBySix.jpg

Photo0168FourBySix.jpg

And finally, there was Goofy who was quite the character. Michael had fun with him.

Photo0171FourBySix.jpg

After our photo op at the Character Spot we headed to The Land to check out the wait for Soarin’ and as a back-up plan, we would go on the Living with The Land ride. Soarin’ was over an hour standby- that’s not happening. Moving on… oh, what’s that? Sunshine Seasons and CUPCAKES? Sweet! (Literally!)

Time for a quick treat. There’s a lot of yummy looking options but I finally chose a pineapple coconut cupcake while Em chose a krispy treat. Michael was far too healthy and chose a banana. Here’s my review for the treats in my dining review.

After our mid-morning snack break we moved on to ride the Living with the Land and tolerate the flash photography that was disturbing my corneas in the beginning of the ride. However, irritation aside, I enjoy this attraction and am mesmerized by the alligators and all of the vegetables growing upside down.

DSC04171.jpg

DSC04184.jpg

DSC04188.jpg

Mickey Melon!
DSC04191.jpg

DSC04196.jpg

DSC04202.jpg

DSC04213.jpg

Following our adventures in The Land we moved onto something new that we had not done before – Journey Into Imagination and the Figment ride. I loved the effects, so cool! We didn’t hang out long in the imagination lab place since we wanted to move on to FW for our lunch reservation at Le Cellier!!

DSC04219.jpg

DSC04220.jpg

DSC04237.jpg

When we reached Canada we were a little early to check in so we viewed Canada Circlevision. I love Martin Short and I love the gorgeous scenery in the video. I’ve only been to Victoria BC so there is a lot to see and enjoy. Perhaps one day….

It was finally time to check into our lunch reservation at Le Cellier at 1:25pm. This was another fabulous lunch with awesome food, great service, nice cocktail, and complimentary champagne. What a great experience! You can read my Le Cellier review here.

Up Next: Two Random Dismeets!

LOVE your time at Epcot athe Character Spot...what fun you were having with the characters (poor Donald :lmao::lmao::lmao:). I love how Michael described the characters. :laughing:

We missed the Canada film this trip, but we really enjoy it.

What a lovely view! I had a partial castle view when I stayed there, but honestly I think the lake view is just as nice and much more relaxing.

I had the breakfast buffet at the Wave and it was quite good, but I had the cream cheese and bagel with my salmon! Sorry you didn't love your omelet, but it looks good in the picture.

Cute character pictures!

Caught up here too! Those pics of Michael with Mr. Incredible are hysterical! You guys look like you had such a great time. So cute with all the characters!
And I love the mug your friend Linda brought you!
Love this report!

PS - hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

LOVE your time at Epcot athe Character Spot...what fun you were having with the characters (poor Donald :lmao::lmao::lmao:). I love how Michael described the characters. :laughing:

We missed the Canada film this trip, but we really enjoy it.

Hi there Kathy! Congrats to your Bears victory today!

I should be nicer to the characters, they can't help it! :rolleyes1

What a lovely view! I had a partial castle view when I stayed there, but honestly I think the lake view is just as nice and much more relaxing.

I had the breakfast buffet at the Wave and it was quite good, but I had the cream cheese and bagel with my salmon! Sorry you didn't love your omelet, but it looks good in the picture.

Cute character pictures!

Hi Mary Ellen. The last 5 days of our BLT stay ended up being a TPV so I got the best of both having a sunrise (LV) and sunset (TPV) at the resort!

You are among the many Wave fans including my family. It's not the worst meal I've had so I'll keep going back to make them happy! :)

Caught up here too! Those pics of Michael with Mr. Incredible are hysterical! You guys look like you had such a great time. So cute with all the characters!
And I love the mug your friend Linda brought you!
Love this report!

PS - hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Hi Alyssa! Glad to see you caught up. ;) Yes, the mug from Linda is priceless, it is my special mug!

Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes - it was lovely to spend time with most of my kids.

Here's a photo from Thanksgiving:
DSC07456.jpg

Cute Donald experience! he is funny!!

Reminds me of an experience with Goofy I had! He was wearing boxers for Star Wars weekend and I called him out on wearing boxers and he got really embarassed too! Lol. Those silly characters! I like Michael's puppets on steroids comment..

I bet he isn't happy about this Green Bay game right now...

Awww - what a lovely photo! :goodvibes

Thanks! :goodvibes

Cute Donald experience! he is funny!!

Reminds me of an experience with Goofy I had! He was wearing boxers for Star Wars weekend and I called him out on wearing boxers and he got really embarassed too! Lol. Those silly characters! I like Michael's puppets on steroids comment..

I bet he isn't happy about this Green Bay game right now...

Ha! Goofy in boxers - too funny. You were just trying to be helpful I'm sure! :lmao:

Yeah about the Packer game, you know it Rachel!
Here's Michael's FB post:

Michael P.

well... we are getting owned in the Meadowlands

Like · · Share · 56 minutes ago near Costa Mesa ·

Thanks! :goodvibes

Ha! Goofy in boxers - too funny. You were just trying to be helpful I'm sure! :lmao:

Yeah about the Packer game, you know it Rachel!
Here's Michael's FB post:

Michael P.

well... we are getting owned in the Meadowlands

Like · · Share · 56 minutes ago near Costa Mesa ·

Lol funny about the status. We just turned it off and are watching the Walking Dead now!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter