Emma's Make A Wish Trip....June 15-21,2009

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by keetmommy, Mar 8, 2009.

1. keetmommy

keetmommy Mouseketeer

We got our Pre-Trip Party scheduled for June 8th!! I am so excited and can't wait!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cajunfan

cajunfan <font color=FF99CC>Welcome to the DIS where wishes

Yeah on the party! I am so excited for you all! Pretty soon you all will be there!

Lynn

4. keetmommy

keetmommy Mouseketeer

I awoke at 3 am last night/this morning and kept thinking...in 2 weeks we will be getting up and getting ready...I don't think I will sleep at all the night before....

5. cajunfan

I never sleep the night before a trip either! So you won't be alone!

Lynn

6. keetmommy

keetmommy Mouseketeer

More big give pictures coming later when I get the kids...

I got our GKTW welcome package today..Allie is done with school at 12:00 so we will go and get a few magazines, color books for the little ones for the plane. I have to find something for Emma's hair for the wedding she is in next weekend, clean my house for the Wish Party on Monday...and yet I am on the internet....I am putting off cleaning figure I will make them help this week-end..

7. cajunfan

House cleaning...isn't that what kids are for!?!:rotfl:

You crack me up! Have fun getting the the last minute stuff...you guys are going to have an AWESOME trip!

Lynn

8. keetmommy

keetmommy Mouseketeer

Thanks Jennia...Emma loves the clothes even though she doesn't look happy, she came home upset because someone told her she had a big head :headache:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Jennia

Jennia DIS Veteran

Yay, I'm glad the box got there safely and quickly and that it looks like the skirts fit. I hope they like their autograph books, too-sorry that Allie's isn't punched the right way, the person at the copy store didn't ask until she's already done it. :confused3

10. keetmommy

keetmommy Mouseketeer

More Big Give Pictures...Thanks Jessica!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. keetmommy

keetmommy Mouseketeer

They love the autograph books! Thanks a bunch!!!

12. BrandyC1974

BrandyC1974 Mouseketeer

Hi. I just found your pre-trip report. I haven't read through it all (yet) but just wanted to post. My daughter Liz (who will be 12yrs old) on June 21 was born with spina bifida. She also has a VP shunt. Because of that, she does not do any coasters that goes upside down or Mission Space. Other than that, she rides everything!! (her sister is scared of most rides!!) Liz has no fears!!! :confused3 :rotfl:

As for the age thing, I understand. With all the medical stuff she has been through (tooo many surgeries to count), I can't believe that she will be 12yrs old in alittle over two weeks!!!! :scared1:

If you want to see a pic of her, you can check out my pre-trip report (link below in signature). I hope ya'll have a great time!! And can't wait to read about your trip.

Now, I'm going to go back and read the rest of your report!!! :)

13. BrandyC1974

BrandyC1974 Mouseketeer

I know what you mean. Liz has had numerous shunt revisions. And as horrible as she has felt before; the minute she wakes up in recovery she is asking me, "Can I go home now??" :rotfl:

It is truely amazing how strong kids can be!!!!!!

I'm glad she is home from the surgery. (I'm gonna go back and continue reading).

Hope ya'll are having a great day!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

14. keetmommy

keetmommy Mouseketeer

Our Doctor said she could do coasters..I don't think I will take her on anything like Mission Space, space mountain...but we will see about maybe Big Thunder Mountain...She loved the tea cups last time....but she also bumped her head in the middle, DH and I looked at her with the dazed look and said "OMG we broke our kid as soon as we started here..." Then she laughed....we are getting SO excited about the whole thing and I am really glad her shunt appears to be working great!

15. jessica52877

jessica52877 DIS Veteran

Glad the kids got their package! Looks like they enjoyed it all! You can re tie the straps to fit a little better. I was trying to guess without anyone to try it on! They look cute dancing around.

16. keetmommy

keetmommy Mouseketeer

I noticed that after the pictures...Thanks again EVERYONE we are loving everything...I am pretty much packed and ready...Em is in a wedding on Saturday next week...so we will be gone all weekend so I am trying to prepare now!

17. BrandyC1974

BrandyC1974 Mouseketeer

Yeah, Liz doens't do space mountain but she loves "the train" (big thunder mountain. She also loves the tea cups, but I can't do them (so my brothers will ride with the girls).

I'm real glad that her shunt appears to be working. I know the downside to that (from Liz and from kids in her school with shunts) and it can be scary. But, they are so tough (better than I would be). :goodvibes

18. keetmommy

keetmommy Mouseketeer

We had some major personality changes prior to discovering the shunt failure..we went in knowing that something was wrong and the shunt not working was the lesser of the other possible evils.

19. keetmommy

keetmommy Mouseketeer

[​IMG]

"All dressed in Big Give Clothes"

[​IMG]

Check out that cool Balloon..

Emma loves Jimmy Buffett--Cake is suppose to be a Volcano....we all descided it looked like the tree of life on fire...but it is YUMMY

[​IMG]

20. sammie girl

sammie girl Mouseketeer

Your party looks like it was fun even if it did rain.
    Love love love the balloon and the cake is very yummy looking. It is getting so close now. I am glad you guys had a good evening. Oh and I love her big give outfit. Those people are really gifted.

21. maroo

maroo DIS Veteran

Oh! She looks so cute!! I just love that outfit! :goodvibes

The balloon and cake are perfect!

I am sorry that it rained! But it looks like a good time was had by all!

You guys are going to have a blast! Say Hi to Mayor Clayton for me! :yay: