Emily&Stephen's-BW Cocktail/AAR Reception-7/11/09 -UPDATE 10/17- Sight Visit Pics!

Emilita44

Earning My Ears
I have spent the past month or two researching and reading through everyone's trip reports, planning journals, etc... I decided that I wouldn't join in until I was officially engaged. WELL....

It's been two days now!!!!!!

First let me get into a little bit of our background before I start hounding ya'll with my questions!

Me: Born and raised in South Carolina, moved to LA to work in television. This is where I met my fiance.

Stephen: Born and raised in LA- always wanted to move to the south!

How we met: I was working on a pilot TV show for ABC and needed to do a tape pick up. Stephen works in film and I happened to walk into his store that day. I didn't deal with him because he works in a separate area, but he saw me that day. (He said we shared a moment- I remember him because he was wearing a bright lime green shirt!)

So anyways, he didn't get up the courage enough to speak to me so instead he asked one of his co-workers who I was. They told him and he took this info to the internet. He found me on Myspace, of course, but he decided he had to email me after he found out I was not only from SC but my hero was Walt Disney.

Fast Forward 16 months later (2 days ago): IN DISNEY WORLD
Stephen and I finally got to take our first trip to DW together. 9/4 is our 16 month anniversary so we planned to have a romantic dinner at California Grill at the Contemporary. After Hollywood Studios that day we decided to take a walk on the Boardwalk. As we are walking from the Beach Club to the Boardwalk we walk past Sea Breeze Point. There were 4 people standing there and one of them was holding a guitar. Stephen suggested we go listen to them play something. I didn't understand why we would go up there but finally he pulled me up to the gazebo because he wanted to look at the view.

All of a sudden, the four people behind us break out into song. Not just any song. Our Song!

The started singing "Everything" by Michael Buble

At that point I realized what was happening and Stephen asked me to dance with him. At the end of the song, he proposed.

To top it all off, I called my mom to tell her the news only to find out that she had been watching from the lighthouse at the YC.

NEXT SURPRISE:
Stephen had already made an appt. with Disney Weddings for the next morning!

So, yesterday I went to my first Disney Weddings meeting

Now my questions start

Wedding Info

Wedding will be in a church

Reception at Disney- AAR or YC- Not decided yet

150 to 200 people will be attending

My first question for you!!!

We love the AAR but the only thing that is holding us back is having to get the photographer and videographer from Disney. After reading yalls planning journals I know who you like and dislike. Do I have to get assigned these people or is it not possible to get people like Randy Chapman, Roots or Misty to do my pictures??? The same question also goes for the videographers. At the meeting at DW they told me it had to be Disney people if its at AAR, but I swear I've seen pictures from yall using different people!!!

I need your help! AND I am sooooo excited to finally get to officially join yall!!!

welcome and congratulations! gorgeous proposal!

unless you sign your contract with DFTW before Oct 08, you will only be able to use disney photographers for in-park locations. So, you wouldn't be able to use Randy, or Misty etc, if you held your reception at AAR, but you could at somewhere such as Atlantic Dance Hall - hope this helps :thumbsup2

welcome and congratulations! gorgeous proposal!

unless you sign your contract with DFTW before Oct 08, you will only be able to use disney photographers for in-park locations. So, you wouldn't be able to use Randy, or Misty etc, if you held your reception at AAR, but you could at somewhere such as Atlantic Dance Hall - hope this helps :thumbsup2

This is correct. I was married at the AAR in March and we were still able to use Randy and Stan, but the new rules are going into effect this fall. I still wouldn't let that keep you from the AAR. It's a beautiful location and your guests will love being inside the park. You can always request a specific photographer through Disney.

What a great engagement story! That is so special how he had everything all planned out. Do you have any pictures to share?

WELCOME!!!!! and CONGRATS!!!!! What a sweet proposal story!!!!

Unless you can get contracted in before October 1 then you will have to use Disney for photography.

Good luck, can't wait to hear all your plans!!!!

This is correct. I was married at the AAR in March and we were still able to use Randy and Stan, but the new rules are going into effect this fall. I still wouldn't let that keep you from the AAR. It's a beautiful location and your guests will love being inside the park. You can always request a specific photographer through Disney.

What a great engagement story! That is so special how he had everything all planned out. Do you have any pictures to share?

Thank you so much for this info!!!

I love these message boards. We called Pam today just to confirm and she told us that ya'll were right and if we did sign the contract before Oct 1st we could choose our own. The photographer and videographer are both very important to us so we wanted to make sure we had as many possibilites as possible to choose from.

And to answer your other questions. I do have pictures of the whole proposal! and a videotape too!! (His mom was hiding in the bushes...)

I will post as soon as I get them from her, but in the meantime, this is us!

n5502635_34534123_4577.jpg
[/IMG]

Congrats and welcome ! What date are you looking at doing?

The dates we have it narrowed down to at the moment are:

July 11th
July 18th
August 1st

We're still trying to figure out the Church and if its possible to be married in a Catholic Church that we don't belong too. If not, it might be a Disney Wedding and Reception! We'll see...

Darn the luck if it just HAD to be a disney wedding and reception ! haha .

Cute pic btw!

If you really want the AAR I wouldnt let the photography rules sway your decision. What I would do is have the photographers that you do want to take your pictures of your ceremony and your family and bridal party and then have a Disney photographer take the pictures of the reception. For me, the ceremony and family pictures are the most important and the ones I really want to be amazing. I want the reception ones to be wonderful as well, but as long as I have my ceremony ones, Ill be happy. HTH

We found a church that is willing to do the ceremony and its really beautiful!!!!

Next problem,

The latest time a Church ceremony can start on a Saturday is 1pm. You can not start a reception at AAR until 7pm.

What in the world is everyone suppose to do in between all that time?!??!

I figure:

1- 2ish: Ceremony
2- 3ish: Pictures
The location is about 20 minutes away from Disney
Arrive at Disney around 3:45
Now what?

We can have a cocktail hour at the Italy Isola but we're afraid it will be too hot.

The other option is to have it at the Yacht Club but this starts to be a lot of transporting our guests around from place to place.

BUT if the reception can't start till 7pm what do we do with everyone?
Is it inappropriate to let people go back to their hotel rooms and freshen up and relax before the reception???

We found a church that is willing to do the ceremony and its really beautiful!!!!

Next problem,

The latest time a Church ceremony can start on a Saturday is 1pm. You can not start a reception at AAR until 7pm.

I figure:

Now what?

We can have a cocktail hour at the Italy Isola but we're afraid it will be too hot.

The other option is to have it at the Yacht Club but this starts to be a lot of transporting our guests around from place to place.

Is it inappropriate to let people go back to their hotel rooms and freshen up and relax before the reception???

We had a morning ceremony and a brunch reception, but then our guests had a 5 hour break until our dessert party that evening. Most people used it as a chance to rest or a lot of them went to Epcot for the afternoon. Your guests would have the option to be inside the park and then meet at a designated location to head to the reception plus you could have a bus that picks everyone else up at their respective hotels. Our guests didn't mind the break especially since they were going to have a late night.

Next problem,

I figure:

Now what?

What church is it? I still have not been able to find one.

Congratulations on your very romantic proposal! Welcome to the forum. There is so much awesome information to be gathered here. I hope you'll share the details of your planning as you make decisions. Looking forward to hearing more!

Room Blocks!

I never understood why everyone complained about room blocks. It seemed easy to me! I guess I was wrong...

This weekend my fiancee and I get to do it! I can't believe how specific we have to be when we haven't even got a decent guest list put together! We've only been engaged for 2 weeks!

The good news is that we've got Misty!! That's a big relief.

So far the plan is

Ceremony- 1pm- at the Church
Boardwalk Cocktail- 5:30pm
AAR Reception- 7pm to probably midnight

I'm just ready to get the contracts signed and deposits placed so I can concentrate on more important things...

LIKE MY DRESS!!!

... Next week I'll post some pictures of the proposal. If my house wasn't broken into and my laptop stolen it would have been sooner!!!

Everything sounds great so far. We have Misty also. Looking forward to reading more.

Just to let you know also, our ceremony is at 9:00am in Epcot, our pre and reception is from 10:00 to 3:00 in Atlantic Dance Hall and then there is a break until 8:00 when everone is getting together for the dessert party. I am sure people will be heading back to their resort to rest, maybe use the pool and change.

Linda

Congrats!! What a romantic proposal!! :lovestruc DF and I are in SC and he is in the television industry like you! :rotfl: Looking forward to reading more! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter