• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EMH only one hour instead of two.

sunshine1

Viva Marie!
Guests during the week only get one extra magic hour in the morning.
Not sure if this is a new thing when it is off peak.
Starts at 9am instead of 8am.

Yes we found this out during our trip last week and it makes quite a big difference if I'm honest. I was told that they let the general public in at the same time and whilst they couldn't get to the rides without a hotel pass, they may well have queued up for the meet and greets in and around main Street which is probably one of the reasons why the queues for them were touching 2 hours within a half an hour of opening the park.

goodness @adr2.8i thats not good. I just love the EMH part of the day, I always try to be there at 8am to make the most of it. So how did it work then, where did you have to show your hotel easy pass? Where the general public allowed down to The Castle? Thats one of the best parts of EMH, the empty Main Street and getting photos of The Castle with no randoms in the background. While I understand why they have done it, to bring DLP in line with the other parks, I dont like the fact that general public can get to the character meet and greets at Main Street Plaza

goodness @adr2.8i thats not good. I just love the EMH part of the day, I always try to be there at 8am to make the most of it. So how did it work then, where did you have to show your hotel easy pass? Where the general public allowed down to The Castle? Thats one of the best parts of EMH, the empty Main Street and getting photos of The Castle with no randoms in the background. While I understand why they have done it, to bring DLP in line with the other parks, I dont like the fact that general public can get to the character meet and greets at Main Street Plaza

Yes unfortunately there was a massive scrum too get into the park at 9am, yes there were lots of people trying to get it, but there were hardly any turnstiles open either so that slowed things down.
There were 2 cm's in front of the castle who you had too show your hotel pass too to get further into the park.
But anybody could get into the park in emh it seemed and freely roam main Street where there were a few meet and greets. the 9am emh didn't work for the amount of people I felt. that lost hour made a massive difference in our experience last week.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good. I know I'm a little bit out of touch having not been for a few years but I remember that although the general public were always starting to be let in from 9am-ish onwards (think it was probably nearer 9:30am rather than 9am) there wasn't a lot for them to do rather than take photos or start to queue at the ropes near the hub because there were no character meet'n'greets in EMH in those days. Losing the first hour of 8-9am is going to make a big difference for those who can benefit from the EMH rides too, I remember walking on them between 8-9am but having to queue once we'd got into the 9-10am timeslot.

Guess it's a money saving decision, let's hope it doesn't become the norm.

This change only seems to be in place during December. From January 2nd EMH is back to 2 hours.

This change only seems to be in place during December. From January 2nd EMH is back to 2 hours.

well its a daft decision if it is only for december because im certain december is a lot busier than january!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter