EMH being slashed?

Doubt it, it was on the calander when I checked.

~I haven't heard this rumor, but like you -- I just checked the Disney calendar for July and I see Friday EMH for the entire month. With that said, it is the Disney website, so that isn't saying much. At this point, I'll just wait for something more official.

Waiting for something more official, but that stinks as I planned my trip around their calander. Kinda sad, they keep chipping away at the things we enjoy and I am finding it more and more difficult to want to choose to spend my money on this "product".

Waiting for something more official, but that stinks as I planned my trip around their calander. Kinda sad, they keep chipping away at the things we enjoy and I am finding it more and more difficult to want to choose to spend my money on this "product".

This seems like it would substantially alter the value of staying on property if not replaced with anything.

it doesn't surprise me at all. I have read for a while that EMH was going away and the reduction to 2hrs was only the beginning. I mentioned it in one of my blogs also. I could see them doing some kind of capacity calculation and determining that FP+ will replace the need for EMH

I have no idea if true or not, of if they will reduce # of days etc... but there has to be a tremendous cost to operate when you think of not just park staff, but transporation, security, possibly increased staffing after hours to have park ready for AM. I wonder how many people truly use the EMH at night especially MK when its till 3 AM. We've used it and the attendance really drops as it get later.

This seems like it would substantially alter the value of staying on property if not replaced with anything.

I wonder what the real number of guest that take advantage of it. We might take advantage 1 or 2 days in the evening. I disagree about the having an effect on the value of staying on property for most people.

it doesn't surprise me at all. I have read for a while that EMH was going away and the reduction to 2hrs was only the beginning. I mentioned it in one of my blogs also. I could see them doing some kind of capacity calculation and determining that FP+ will replace the need for EMH

FP+ interesting thought.

I wonder what the real number of guest that take advantage of it. We might take advantage 1 or 2 days in the evening. I disagree about the having an effect on the value of staying on property for most people.

Disney rarely cuts back on one specific thing and otherwise keeps it around. They didn't drop the third hour on just one night or at just one park. They dropped it across the board. If they make further cuts, it is unlikely to be impacting just one park or just one day.

I would be very much surprised if people don't factor EMH into their decision to stay on property. Sure, not everyone does it, but I would be very surprised to find out if few do.

I just know that a friend of mine read this on the easywdw site (I think that is the name). I am not looking to start a rumor, but was rather interested if anyone else heard the same thing.

Yes, they have. Thread is already on the Theme parks board.

I did not see the other "threads" until after I posted.

You're probably right; waiting for something more official is best, but it would stink as we planned around the summer calendar too. My family is in agreement that Disney is becoming less of a 'Must Do" with all the cuts and changes. Change can be good but I think they are too many, too fast, with much of the changes taking away the things we have come to love while relentlessly increasing ticket prices to the point we won't be able to afford to purchase them. I know they are in business to make money, but each family has a breaking point and I guess my family is reaching ours. So sad :sad:

My family is in agreement that Disney is becoming less of a 'Must Do" with all the cuts and changes. Change can be good but I think they are too many, too fast, with much of the changes taking away the things we have come to love while relentlessly increasing ticket prices to the point we won't be able to afford to purchase them. I know they are in business to make money, but each family has a breaking point and I guess my family is reaching ours. So sad :sad:

I concur. So far it has worked out in Disney's favor. We made a promise to a daughter, and the trip later this year is seeing that through. I'm dedicated to making it the best birthday trip for her that we can muster. After that, I cannot currently imagine a time where we will (1) take a Disney-centric vacation again and (2) ever stay on WDW property again.

If they impress us while we're there (something they haven't done in about 8 years), our view could change. Given the trend of declining experiences over the past decade though, I'm not counting on it. Pay more for less has been the motto for a while and I'm finally at the point where I'll let somebody else pay that tab.

I concur. So far it has worked out in Disney's favor. We made a promise to a daughter, and the trip later this year is seeing that through. I'm dedicated to making it the best birthday trip for her that we can muster. After that, I cannot currently imagine a time where we will (1) take a Disney-centric vacation again and (2) ever stay on WDW property again.

If they impress us while we're there (something they haven't done in about 8 years), our view could change. Given the trend of declining experiences over the past decade though, I'm not counting on it. Pay more for less has been the motto for a while and I'm finally at the point where I'll let somebody else pay that tab.

We are in the same boat except we already committed to take our DD and a friend for their 16th birthday next year AND we have a trip planned for this year. After that, well I guess will see. One other thing for us was that years ago, we purchased into the DVC Vacation Club. Now we are even thinking on what to do with that if Disney keeps cutting and slashing while raising costs (and again I understand it is a business and they are in it to make $$$). Some like you and me will probably break away while others may still feel the magic. I am hoping that we will be pleasantly surprised this summer. Last year was horrible. Time will tell.

Man, I'm so bummed. Friday night at MK was the high point of every trip! We even have BOG ADR's built around it in April and August ;-(,,,

I bet they're REALLY doing this so BLT will be easier to book!! Maybe this is why the BLT price didn't go up! (grumbles and mutters other ridiculous conjectures)

I suppose in the future we could try to make Sunday our last park night, for the MK EMH, but I doubt it. It'd be impossible to get the back in time for school, and it just wouldn't be the same anyway.

Man, this sucks!

Man, I'm so bummed. Friday night at MK was the high point of every trip! We even have BOG ADR's built around it in April and August ;-(,,,

I bet they're REALLY doing this so BLT will be easier to book!! Maybe this is why the BLT price didn't go up! (grumbles and mutters other ridiculous conjectures)

I suppose in the future we could try to make Sunday our last park night, for the MK EMH, but I doubt it. It'd be impossible to get the back in time for school, and it just wouldn't be the same anyway.

Man, this sucks!

I don't know if this makes you feel any better, but I did notice that in August MK hours are 9-11pm (as of now, but you know that can change). It's not as good as magic hours and I agree this stinks. We are in the same boat. We arrive on Friday and planned dinner and a late night at the Kingdom. The only reason I am not switching my plans is because dinner at Tony's was my DD's request. I just hope Disney does not change much more. Our August visit is planned just so because we are meeting friends and family on certain dates that cannot be switched out. I am crossing my fingers...

I don't know if this makes you feel any better, but I did notice that in August MK hours are 9-11pm (as of now, but you know that can change). It's not as good as magic hours and I agree this stinks. We are in the same boat. We arrive on Friday and planned dinner and a late night at the Kingdom. The only reason I am not switching my plans is because dinner at Tony's was my DD's request. I just hope Disney does not change much more. Our August visit is planned just so because we are meeting friends and family on certain dates that cannot be switched out. I am crossing my fingers...

Thanks. It's just so bizarre to have NOTHING special on Friday nights... what on earth are they thinking? It's Friday night, for Pete's sake! That's like date night!

They must be making way for something else. It's the only logical explanation.

It's a significant reduction in value for us. We are paying $200+ to stay in a value hotel room in certain seasons - and I can justify it because we LOVE late-night Magic Kingdom. But reduction of that, meh, now we're down to DME and transportation and it starts to look appealing to get more elsewhere for less money. For this year, the APs are purchased so "elsewhere" would mean off-site but once they expire, I expect the vacation dollars will find a new direction.

It's like the bow on the package - yes, just a small thing, but sometimes the thing that ties it all together so it doesn't fall apart. ROFL

Tekneek said:
I used to think that, but I've seen things go away with nothing else to show for it.

Over and over again...

All additions/subtractions are dominated by cost accounting and potential revenue forecasts.

Nothing else matters...especially "dreams" "wishes" and "magic"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter