EMH being axed????

I have absolutely no problem with them eliminating EMH if it brings the return of E-Ride nights. I've said it before and will again.....the best money I ever spent at WDW was the $10 for E-Ride nights. One E-Ride night, I rode all 3 mountains 5 consecutive times each without getting off. Although, if they brought it back now it will probably $50 per person, of course.

I have absolutely no problem with them eliminating EMH if it brings the return of E-Ride nights. I've said it before and will again.....the best money I ever spent at WDW was the $10 for E-Ride nights. One E-Ride night, I rode all 3 mountains 5 consecutive times each without getting off. Although, if they brought it back now it will probably $50 per person, of course.

If they brought back E-Ride nights, you likely wouldn't recognize it. Just look at what they have done with attendance at the hard ticketed parties. I really don't think they could resist the urge to milk every last dollar out of it they could.

I really enjoy both the AM & PM EMH. Although those going away by itself wouldn't make me consider going elsewhere for my vacation this is like the nail in the coffin. FP+, probably no FD and now this. SUPER. Anything else you want to limit or take away? I'm sorry but I would rather have extra time in the parks than a wristband... I do hope this is only a rumor!

rlduvall said:
Makes sense in light of all the money they have invested in FastPass+. Maybe they figure FastPass+ eliminates the need for EMH, saving alot in salaries.

Sadly, it makes perfect sense for them...

But that translates to "cutting hours and/or jobs from generally poor people"

That's what it is...the ugly truth. It would be nice if people accepted it and have some real blowback or something resembling a spine.

If the grand vision is higher profit, compacted park days...followed by dumps into Downtown Disney ( and make no mistake...that's the plan)...then somebody else is gonna have to tell me what that looks like.

Let it crumble to dust.

All I know is I'm laying off trying to convince the rest of our party to stay on site for NYE until I learn more. EMH would make a HUGE difference due to the crowd levels for that trip and is a major perk for us. If it isn't there, why should they bother spending the extra money? Even with FP+, say on site does get more passes than on (which is still a LOT less than you can get on your own now if you plan right) I fail to see how that replaces EMH. It's still a crowded park.

We use them on both ends and take breaks in the middle of the day. It has saved more than one trip during peak times.

GreenCntryGirl said:
Did you have to be an onsite guest to participate in the old e-ticket nights?

Yes...the tickets were only sold at Disney hotels.

But they found that the tickets were too cheap and the numbers didnt justify running the park late. And only magic kingdom of course.

They basically gave them up for a mixture of EMH and "premium" ticket events - $60 Halloween and Christmas parties

Yes...the tickets were only sold at Disney hotels.

But they found that the tickets were too cheap and the numbers didnt justify running the park late. And only magic kingdom of course.

They basically gave them up for a mixture of EMH and "premium" ticket events - $60 Halloween and Christmas parties

Thanks. I remember using whatever it was they called it back when it was just an extra hour in the morning but I don't remember the offer of e-ticket nights. I know the last Saturday we were there that trip was a Grad Night.

I could hear the music/noise all the way over at the campgrounds and had no clue what was going on. I called to find out...I couldn't sleep...just wanting to know when it would be over. They kindly comped me a night. It was a nice bit of unexpected pixie dust.

That could be true.

Also, I've always wondered whether the extra pay they've had to pay out to CMs for all the extra hours worked was worth however many extra guests booked onsite resort stays because of EMH. I'm guessing most onsite guests looked at EMH like myself: EMH could be a nice bonus at times, but not enough of a perk to entice me to pay the premium to stay onsite. We stay onsite for other reasons. From a pure "bottom line" perspective I could understand getting rid of EMH, especially if FP+ does eliminate the need for it (I guess that remains to be seen).

To be honest, I don't think I'd miss EMH very much if it went away totally, and it wouldn't affect my choice to stay onsite or offsite. Indeed, a lot of people alter their schedules to avoid parks that have EMH.

It's hard for me to imagine that, after evening EMHs have now been reduced to 2 hours already, Disney isn't trying to "wean" its guests off EMH in preparation for ditching it entirely.

Agreed totally!

We never take advantage of the Morning hours. The only place where I feel it benefits us if it is 3 hours late at the MK.

You also have to look at the % of On-Site guests staying on DVC Points vs. Pay Resorts. The DVC people are not making the same decision as those non-DVC folks. I guess it might hurt future DVC sales though - but - not dramatically.

I believe that the EMH will be replaced with other perks like the Magic+ stuff and other things they have in the plans. Regardless, I think it is a Shame on Disney if they do it!

It's hard for me to imagine that, after evening EMHs have now been reduced to 2 hours already, Disney isn't trying to "wean" its guests off EMH in preparation for ditching it entirely.

Don't forget the first step in the weaing process was elimination of characters during EMH. Many at that time thought it was merely step one.

It's only 1 hour in the morning, none at night. I could see WDW doing that.

I agree WDW could 1 hr in the morning...

At DLR, the extra 1 hour for Early Entry is valid for all Resort guests (DLH, PPH, GCH) and also valid once for anyone with a 3 day or longer ticket. Only select portions and rides are open. It is pretty advantageous for DLR for have this, but it's probably because the crowds there are mainly AP holders who do not stay onsite or other locals and others in the super cheap hotels within walking distance. They compensated AP holders by having special nights where only AP holders were able to stay late. And special AP only parties, closing early to the public. The AP parties were really neat, the park was empty and the CMs, parade floats, Imagineers, characters were out interacting closely with you.

WDW doesn't have the same issue with too many AP holders. So they probably won't do something like that.

If WDW does away with the extra hours, because they think they aren't advantageous due to too many people using it, what they may do is just open all 4 parks 1 hour earlier or later. This way the crowds are more dispersed and not just in one park. I know a lot of people who follow plans, avoid the parks with the extra hours and only hop to the one that was staying open later to be at the parks later, or they head to the one the following morning after that one had EMH at night. Then maybe they give all non-resort guests who purchased a PH option to get 1 EMH entry per ticket, or some factor based on the number of days they bought, like 1 for < 5 days, 2 for 6-8 days, 3 for 9+ days, etc.

But giving all the parks in one day the same EMH in the morning or at night, but for only 1 or 2 hours for resort guests would still give resort guests that "perk" to encourage them to stay onsite.

OK...took it upon myself to call and check with WDW directly. I talked to Paulie in Guest Services and she was so sweet. She said she cannot see WDW doing away with EMHs and has not heard anything about them going away. She's not sure why the September calendar is not out, but she said it may have to do with the scheduling for the MNSSHP.

Hope this calms some people down....I know it did for me. :)

I do not think they would get rid of EMH. To many people would go offsite, myself included. I could see them changing to a 1hr early, 1 late for each park if the wrist bands are going to dictate if you can ride or not. If they did that I bet they wouldm just do it at all the parks as they would get to keep shopping an food counters open to all. And just limit who gets ons the rides.

We would definitely not pay the extra dollars to stay onsite if no emh.

I'm just wondering,how many rumors come true?:confused3

WDW doesn't have the same issue with too many AP holders. So they probably won't do something like that.

If WDW does away with the extra hours, because they think they aren't advantageous due to too many people using it, what they may do is just open all 4 parks 1 hour earlier or later. This way the crowds are more dispersed and not just in one park.

While the crowds would be dispersed, so would their costs. I just don't see them opening all 4 parks an hour early or late. Everything I see them do seems to be a step toward curtailing costs. And this would go the opposite direction.

OK...took it upon myself to call and check with WDW directly. I talked to Paulie in Guest Services and she was so sweet. She said she cannot see WDW doing away with EMHs and has not heard anything about them going away. She's not sure why the September calendar is not out, but she said it may have to do with the scheduling for the MNSSHP.

Hope this calms some people down....I know it did for me. :)

Yay. I've been quietly disappointed reading about EMH being axed. So it's great to hear this :)

Cast members are usually the last to learn things so I would take "Paulies" opinion as grain of thought. (not any ones guess more than the next)

denisea51 said:
Cast members are usually the last to learn things so I would take "Paulies" opinion as grain of thought. (not any ones guess more than the next)

There are numerous posts on these boards too about phone cms and how it seems they aren't as knowledgeable as the cms in the resorts/parks. Especially when issues like price bridging are involved

mom2rtk said:
While the crowds would be dispersed, so would their costs. I just don't see them opening all 4 parks an hour early or late. Everything I see them do seems to be a step toward curtailing costs. And this would go the opposite direction.

Agreed. Whilst it is an option, most likely they would put a stop to this due to the dispersed crowds and it may just not be a good move financially. Maybe it could be a good idea during Christmas/New Year.
For me personally, I believe that to make money, you have to spend money.I don't buy the possible reason of eliminating them because of the cost of FP+ and having to compensate for that. If that was a big factor, it would make me dislike FP+ even more (from what I've read so far). Universal is spending (and has spent) so much money on their parks, yet their resort guest benefits aren't getting cut 'to save money'.
*IF* EMH were eliminated, I think a good portion of people would be having very,very big decisions on whether it would be worth staying onsite. Sure there are guests who stay onsite who don't use them. But it is surely a huge draw. It certainly is for me.
If I had my holiday booked for September or onwards and found that there would be no more EMH I would not be happy to say the least. Especially if instead I was offered a couple of extra FP+ reservations.
But again, nothing official yet, could be nothing, just have to wait and see

Just waiting to see what happens.
I totally rely on those EMH while on property. Why? Because we AVOID the park that has them :rotfl2:
The info I read regarding 3 FP in a park per day blows my mind, I dont like being told what I can do after I paid an admission price..I think my experience, should be Mine to choose, so the entire situation is not positive to me, if it is an accurate description.
It will have an impact on whether we return and where we stay . We have already cut down on our time at the parks when visiting...
We shall see...........pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter