Emerald Isle 6/26-7/3 -Link to pics on page 2

Discussion in 'Adventures By Disney' started by awatt, Jul 14, 2008.

1. awatt

awatt <font color=CC66CC>My pontoon boat is like a float

Wow that was very helpful! I was able to create a collection others can access but noy alter. So here it is:

www.wattireland.shutterfly.com

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AndreaJ

AndreaJ Earning My Ears

Angie - GREAT pictures!:)

4. awatt

Thanks Andrea. Looking at them last night again just made me happy all over again.

5. Disneygrl36

Disneygrl36 Happy DVC member!!!!

Great report & wonderful pictures. Looks like a very special trip & the accomodations look amazing!

6. kel4876

kel4876 Earning My Ears

Thanks for the trip report and the pictures :).

I leave for Ireland on Friday and I can't wait :cool1:

7. awatt

8. Wonders10

Wonders10 DIS Veteran

Are you doing the same Adventures by Disney trip or just on your own? Have a great time - let us know how your trip was please!

Andrea - thanks for posting to my other thread. It sounds like an amazing trip. Do you feel like you saw a lot but also had adequate time on your own to see and do things? Were there group members traveling without kids? I have no problem hanging with kids of any age, but for this trip it will be just my mom and I so I don't want to feel awkward not having any children with me.

9. awatt

We saw alot, definitely more than we could have done on our own. We covered about 1000 miles during the week, and there's no way our family could have done that successfully. There was free time on our own, I recall 3 half days and other blocks of 2 or 3 hours. I think majority of the time you are doing something with the group, but they mix that up with free time on your own. The only timer I would have liked more free time was at teh castle. The rest of it I did not feel overly scheduled.

There was a couple on our tour without kids and they had a great time. I don't think you would feel awkward. The guides do an excellent job of seeing to it that all members of the group are having a good time, regardless of age or whether or not you have kids. They do a great job of keeping teh kids engaged , but it's not all about the kids. Also, they have some adults only trips I think.

10. Poppins2000

Poppins2000 Life is out there waiting so go and get it!

I saw your pics and eerily, they look a lot like mine - I took practically the same shots when we were there in May, hahaha! Looks like you weather was warmer...would so much love to go back to the castle!!!

11. awatt

Bump

12. OurDogCisco

OurDogCisco DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for sharing... I love all the pictures too.

I'm thinking these tours just might be right up our alley. We did the Med cruise but waiting for the next European cruise might be too long of wait. So, I'm thinking my girls would love taking these kinds of trips.

13. tksbaskets

tksbaskets DIS Veteran

I loved your trip report and I'm off to look at your pics. We were toying with this trip for next summer but are now going with Wyoming Quest for the West. DH and I may take this trip when they boys are off in college ;)

14. PrincessFi

PrincessFi "It was all started by a Mouse!"

We did the Emerald Isle trip July 17-24 and your posting made me relive it all over again. What a wonderful time. Isn't Courtney the best??? I'm trying to get her to marry my son. The wedding will be at Dromoland Castle...everyone is invited!:love:

15. knewton64

knewton64 - May the luck of the Irish always be with you -

.....tried my very first glass of Bunratty Meade Honey wine last month at Epcot's F&W festival @ the Ireland Pavillion-

[​IMG]

...along with some
    [​IMG]

LOVED IT!:goodvibes. Got a distinct flavor/testure to it that I can tell will really go well with the food they serve there (I cheated & looked recently at their menu via their website)......the other food items pictured above is the Lobster & Scallop Fisherman's pie and the lava cake. YYUUMM!!

.....never knew that when you see cows sitting down....that means rain is a comin'popcorn::.

Enjoyed reading your trip report.:)

lookin' forward to F-I-N-A-L-L-Y be getting to go to Irleand come June:woohoo:.

T.T.F.N.