Embassy Suites, International Drive

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Pink Princess, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Pink Princess

Pink Princess Earning My Ears

Hi all, has anyone ever stayed at the Embassy Suites?

We're thinking of staying there on our next visit across the pond so would love to hear any reviews.

Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. John Tag

John Tag Mouseketeer

Yes, We stayed at the 1 on I Drive and Jamica CT. Great place and big rooms. Very clean and breakfeast buffet was awesome, the also include eggs cooked to order ect. Location was also good almost middle I drive,easy walk to mini golf many rest, Ripleys ect ect. :thumbsup2

4. DOOM1001

DOOM1001 DIS Veteran

There's actually two on International Drive probably no more than a mile apart.I've stayed at the Jamaican ct location and I don't have any
    negatives about it.The other location on I Drive is just a bit south closer to the convention center.

5. Pink Princess

Pink Princess Earning My Ears

Thanks both for your replies. We've had a little get together & we have decided to book to stay at the Embassy Suite's by the Convention Centre. We're not going until May 2012 so plenty of time to get excited :)

We've stayed at an Embassy in Fort Lauderdale for a couple of night's before a cruise & enjoyed it, fingers crossed that the Orlando one live's up to our memories!

6. Mickey527

Mickey527 DIS Veteran

I have stayed at the Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista and loved it. The bfst is great and we always pick up chips and dips, cheese etc for the manager's reception each night. It is nice to sit and enjoy a few "free" drinks while the kids swim and just eat junk food for dinner.
    the Lake Buena Vista Embassy Suites is just down the street from DTD, not walking distance but only 5 minutes to DTD via car. They do have a bus to the parks, not sure if the others near International Drive do.

7. momtoejanda

momtoejanda DIS Veteran

We stayed at the convention center one last month. It was fine. Pool is extremely small, breakfast was good, everyone was friendly.

8. dpratt68

dpratt68 DIS Veteran

which is closer to Universal?

9. DOOM1001

DOOM1001 DIS Veteran

The Jamaican ct location is closer,but not by that much.

10. Pikester

Pikester DIS Veteran

We stayed at this one for our Feb 2011 Universal trip. We only stayed for two nights before switching to a the Royal Pacific Resort but we loved it more then the RPR! The breakfast is awesome as well as the manger's reception. Free drinks, chips, popcorn made my husband's night. We also ate dinner at the hotel and had lunch there the next day. Food was pretty good. The pool is an indoor/outdoor with the outdoor being a little bigger. Hot tub was nice too. We had a room on the Sixth floor which was so cool. We liked being able to visit DTD for a few hours. I was able to shop and DH took the kids on a bus ride to one of the Monorail resorts so they could ride the monorail.

11. PirateLass

PirateLass That's an echo, gentlemen. Just a little somethin'

Glad to see all the great reviews! :goodvibes I prefer to stay onsite at Disney but my next trip is during peak season and we have six people in our party so onsite was not really and option. :sad2: But now I am more excited to stay at the Embassy Suites :thumbsup2

12. horseshowmom

horseshowmom DIS Veteran

I've also stayed at both and liked each of them fine. Of course, the breakfast is great (how can you lose with made to order omelets and a hot breakfast bar with french toast, etc? :)

Unless it has changed since I was there, the Convention Center location has two pools - one indoor and one out. The Jamaican Court location has one pool that is both indoor and outdoor (a swim through).

Embassy Suites breakfasts are GREAT (as mentioned before), but 6 people may be crowded. You might want to look at the Staybridge Suites on I Drive (or in Lake Buena Vista). They have large 2BR/2BA suites at good rates (check the thread on this board with the Friends and Family rate for really good prices). They do have a hot breakfast, but, of course it doesn't compare with ES!

13. Pikester

Pikester DIS Veteran

14. jms920

jms920 Mouseketeer

Do any of the Embassy Suites in Orlando charge a resort fee or/and parking fees?

15. Pikester

Pikester DIS Veteran

16. horseshowmom

horseshowmom DIS Veteran

I've stayed at 2 out of the 3, and none of them did. I doubt seriously that the other one does either.

17. kathy884

kathy884 DIS Veteran