Embarrassingly basic logistical questions.

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by Rivka, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Rivka

Rivka Earning My Ears

We are planning a trip for October 2013. I have been doing tons of reading and have a pretty clear idea of what we want to do, but I don't have a very good sense of when and how to book.

Here are my questions:

1. Is there any reason not to go ahead and book a room now?

2. If we think that at some point we may want to do a package (because if they offer Free Dining our week, we'll need one), does it matter if we book it all now or if we just make a room-only reservation for now and order tickets later?

3. If we book a room or package and they offer a discount later, can we still get the discount? Or should we wait to make reservations until/if they offer a discount?

4. Do you have to put down a deposit to book a room or a package?

5. Is there any reason why we can't make ADRs at the 180-day mark and then cancel them later if free dining isn't offered after all?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out with these!

2. TheoDawg

TheoDawg Mouseketeer

If you book now and a better deal comes along you just call Disney and they will help you get the better deal. If you book a room now you can add tickets and Dining later.

I think the Deposit on a package is $200 and room only is the cost of 1 night.

An ADR is just a reservation. You can make or cancel them at your pleasure/whim. I've made 18 different ADR's changes for a 5 day trip. I only eat on table service per day.

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc DIS Veteran

Hi and welcome!
    Have fun planning!

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Rivka

Rivka Earning My Ears

Thank you! I just reserved 8 nights room-only at Port Orleans Riverside and put down our deposit! We'll add tickets later.

6. Metro West

Metro West Nothing to see here...move along.

Welcome!

7. BearcatsFan

BearcatsFan <font color=green>we finally had a minute to breat

:welcome: to the DIS!