Email Pin Offer In Maiden Name

mouse1928

Earning My Ears
My wife got a 40% off email pin offer in her maiden name. So, I called and made a very nice reservation at the Boardwalk Inn, in my name, with her and our two children as guests. I explained to the CM the situation with the maiden name. She said no problem. I received confirmation, through the mail, listing all of us with her maiden name. I know I will have to call and straighten out this name thing. The thing that concerns me is, when we register, will she have to come up with some form of ID showing her maiden name? Will it matter that her last name is now different? Has anyone ever encountered a similar situation?

I have the exact same issue. I got the pin in my maiden name. I called to make the reservation and gave the CM the pin number and he said there was a problem, my last name and the name that came up with the pin weren't matching up. I explained to him that I had gotten married and that the name with the pin was my maiden name - he booked the reservation no problem. Just to be certain we don't have any problems when we get there, I'm going to bring my marriage certificate to prove I am who I am. LOL

I have the exact same problem and the ironic thing is that I got married at WDW! :rotfl:

I am traveling with my new AP in my married name and since I booked online with my old email address, the reservation comes up under my maiden name. :rolleyes2

After many phone calls and no clear answer from the folks on the phones, I'm bringing a copy of my marriage certificate with me and not trying to change anything while I have an active reservation. :rolleyes:

That seems to me to be the best way to go - no one was sure what trying to change the names would do and no one really wanted to chance it with an active res in the system, even under the wrong name, since reservations are non-transferable.

I'd advise the same for you for this trip and try and get all her records - addresses, phone numbers and email adresses of record changed once you get back.

I know it's not much help, but no one on the phones could clear this up for me, either - so if it saves you the same discussions it will have been worth something! :flower3:

Have a great trip!:drive:

I got a PIN last year in my former name, when I called the very nice reservationist just hyphenated my former name with my current name , and I had no problems!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter