EM or Intimate Planner MIA

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by MEME, Sep 23, 2005.

1. MEME

MEME Mouseketeer

Mar 16, 2005
    Hey, is it normal for your wedding coordinator NOT to be at your wedding? I finally got my confirmation email and my coordinator wrote:

"Please call me with your room number once you check in and I will answer any questions or review last minute details you may have. At that time I will also let you know if I (or one of my colleagues) will be your on-site coordinator. The On-Site Coordinator will plan on meeting you and your guests at the ceremony location thirty minutes prior to the ceremony."

I know that things can arise, but she sounds like she is pre-planning to be missing in action on my wedding day.....

what's up with that?
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dreams91

dreams91 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=teal>Loves to veg o

Sep 7, 2004
    Mine said the same thing, however she was there. She also had an assistant. Mine was also an intimate wedding. Maybe it has something to do with their schedules? :confused3
  4. eblondie

eblondie DIS Veteran

Jan 25, 2004
    My WP doesnt normally work mondays, but when I pointed out to her that our wedding was on a Monday, she told that she would have to change her day off that week.
  5. christineangel

christineangel Disney Bride 5-31-05

Mar 26, 2005
    I got the same email and then later i got an email saying that she would NOT be there and the name of the on-site coordinator and her phone number (i beleive this was the day i left for Florida) THe one site coordinator was nice and helpful and I had only spoken to my original coordinator a couple of times, but i felt this added to the "big corporation" feel of disney and i commented on it in the survey they sent me after the wedding
  6. Lisa1976

Lisa1976 Lover of all things Disney

Jan 6, 2004
    Think it must be a standard paragraph as we had the same, but our co-ordinator (and a helper) were there on the day.
  7. D&R love Disney

D&R love Disney DIS Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    My EM let me know in advance that she couldn't be there but it was a family emergency that kept her from being there. Here replacement, Karen, was great and took over effortlessly.