Elizabeth and Joshua's 1/13/10 Shades of Green Planning Journal ~Some Pictures Posted

My sister's princess

<font color=green>These boards have grimmer police
Welcome!! I am excited to be calling myself a Disney bride :bride: The twist, hardly anyone knows I am!!!!

So a little information to get you started!!!!

About us :

Josh and I met our first year in college. I was introduced to him during the second semester of school. He was new, having just gotten out of basic training he didn't know many people at the school. I was dating someone else at the time, so we were simply acquaintances for about a year, when things in my life started to change. I became single, and one of my friends told me to pick any of her boyfriend's friends, and she would make a date happen. We went to dinner that night......and it is all history from there!!!!!
DSC00084-1.jpg

Josh and I at military ball a few weeks after we started dating

The proposal :

Josh and I had been talking about marriage for a while when he suddenly stopped! I was a little worried, and a little suspicious with he insisted we talk about it after dinner Sunday! I had a family readiness group meeting (kinda like a support/information group for family of soldiers) on Sunday, and when I got home he was waiting to talk to me. He got down on one knee, and gave me this
myring-1.jpg

The Twist :

Well we are "considering" a 2011 wedding, at least that is what we are telling people! We are going to be eloping in Disney in January; but we plan to renew our vows with our friends and family, when he returns from his deployment sometime in 2011. We are young (will be 21 and 22 when we say I do) but know we have found our happily ever after...........

If you made it through all that and are still with me PLEASE SAY HELLO!!!! Nothing is worse than thinking you are writing something no one is reading!

How we decided on a Disney Wedding :

When we decided we wanted to get married before DF left, we had talked about having my grandfather do it here at home. However things were quickly getting out of hand, people wanted this, and other thought they should be there, you know how it goes. My sister and I had already had a trip planned long before we found out DF would be deploying. Josh and I talked and prayed about it, and decided that as long as our families were ok with it, running off to Disney would be our best choice.

How we chose Shades of Green :

We are in college, and Disney weddings are expensive!!! We wanted something very small and intimate, as we would be doing the big to do later with our families. Even my sister with her DVCing ways couldn't find anything for us, then as I was lurking around the weddings board I saw someone mention Shades of Green! We have since been in contact with Bonnie at SOG, and have decided to do a 8:00AM gazebo wedding.

Congratulations! I love how you arrived at the Disney and SoG ideas! What a wonderful way to celebrate your love for each other now, and plan on having more people share your joy later when you can do more planning and coordinating. It's going to be fun to read along with your plans, especially since I'm a SoG bride too. :bride:

:banana::banana::banana: I have a comment:banana::banana::banana:

Nitrostitch, do you have a PJ, I would love to hear more about what you are doing!!!

So the next step was to buy a dress! I knew nothing was happening until I found the dress

I tried at a local bridal shop, here were a few that didn't really get considered

DSC01875.jpg

DSC01876-1.jpg

Then I found this one, but it wasn't what I wanted; however the issue was I didn't know how to express what it was that I wanted!!! This dress seemed to be it, but they only had the sample, and wouldn't really work with me too much on the price

DSC01878.jpg

DSC01880.jpg

So I figured every girl has to go to Davids Bridal. I took my mom, my mom's bestfriend who is like a mom, my soon to be mother in law, and one of my very best friends, I tried on 2 and the BAM. My consultant Helen go what I was trying to say, even though I couldn't say it. She also told me as she was putting me into gowns, that she had a very short engagement to a Navy man, so she really got what I am doing. Once I told her I thought this one was the one, she had me sit down, she pulled my hair up, and placed the veil and a tiara in my hair, plus put a necklace on me. She really made me feel like a bride.

So here are the "not the ones"

1012091447.jpg

1012091519.jpg

1012091456a.jpg

and my moment!
1012091535.jpg

And the dress
DSC01884.jpg

DSC01885.jpg

DSC01886.jpg

The dress is Ivory, I love how soft the color is. Here it is on the model, look like a whole different dress LOL It is exactly what I was picturing, but wasn't able to express..... I love how it is short, but sweet and has detail. My mum and her bestfriend got me the veil that matches, so the only thing I am missing at this point would be shoes and a tiara if I want one. I almost bought the shoes, but they just weren't comfortable.

I have really small feet, so if anyone knows where I could get shoes let me know!!

Your dress is beautiful!! That's so romantic to be getting eloped and nice that you will also get a wedding with all your friends and family once he gets back. Good luck with everything

Welcome! I have yet to follow a SoG journal, so I'm excited to be along!! I totally love the eloping idea....I still keep secretly trying to figure out a way to do it as well!

Love the dress!

Congratulations!
That is a beautiful ring.
Bonnie is so nice to work with.
Pooh on deployment, and hooray on a dress!

:banana::banana::banana: I have a comment:banana::banana::banana:

Nitrostitch, do you have a PJ, I would love to hear more about what you are doing!!!

I haven't started a PJ...it seems like we're doing so little in the way of tradition and we aren't doing the full Disney Fairytale Wedding we just couldn't afford, so it seemed odd to do the traditional PJ.

Congratulations on finding such a beautiful dress! You look really lovely!

I spoke with Randy Chapman today...... I am really considering having him photograph our wedding, I feel like if our family can't be there we should really have great pictures to show them! Not to mention I LOVE his work that I have seen here!

Thoughts?

So I sent all my paper work into Randy Chapman yesterday! I love his work, and he seems like a really nice man, I am so excited to be working with him.
I had shown DF a few of his pictures before I sent anything in, but last night was showing him more, his comment : "you cant see their faces, whats the point of that" :rolleyes: what I was showing him was a super pretty picture of two people kissing and the castle is between them, it was one of the brides on here, and I LOVE IT :lovestruc.

Next step is getting someone to marry us, or finding flowers.... Any thoughts?

How exciting! Everything you set up brings it so much closer don't you think?
:yay:Hooray for photography!

I've been reading PJ and it seems like both Rev. Knox and Jack Day(Dey?) have good reports.
We are using an officer from Johns squadron to be our officiant if all goes as planned. So I haven't investigated them too much, but it's a place to start.

just reading your plans... your dress is so pretty . I think it is a great choice for SOG ceremony! you look very pretty in it. I love the detailing. Congrats on randy, we will be using him for our VR in july 2010. we had photos taken this past july and he was so easy to work with and I really was pleased with our photos. looking forward to hearing more....welocme too!:goodvibes

Thanks for the input! I have been talking to Donnakay at affordable Orlando weddings, they seem really sweet, and very helpful, but I am still looking around.

Still struggling to find the time to get things done!!! I can't wait to have a year to plan things slowly for the at home celebration!

Still struggling to find the time to get things done!!! I can't wait to have a year to plan things slowly for the at home celebration!

I know the feeling. People keep reminding me how close the wedding date is and asking me why I have things left to do, and that's SO not helping! :lmao:

I know the feeling. People keep reminding me how close the wedding date is and asking me why I have things left to do, and that's SO not helping! :lmao:

I know! The worst offenders are the people closest to me, they know how stressed I am :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter