Electrical Parade/Wishes Spot

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by dkhurley, Apr 9, 2012.

1. dkhurley

dkhurley Mouseketeer

I have never watched the Main Street Electrical Parade, Wishes, or Magic Memories and You from Main Street, but I want to later this month.

I was wondering if anyone had a prime spot on Main Street that they could suggest and how early should I get there?

I realize for Magic, Memories, and You, it's probably best to be in the Hub, so how early should I get to the hub? I'm not concerned about waiting because I'll probably get food on the way there so I get to enjoy my dinner while waiting.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WDW-PRINCESS

WDW-PRINCESS Mouseketeer

I like to secure a spot on the curb near the partner statue (on the side closest to the castle). You can sit on the curb for the parade (ask a CM how far from the path you need to be, so they don't tell you to move later). Wishes then has the magical backdrop of the castle - note that the lower fireworks can't be seen when you are this close, it's a trade off I guess.

4. dkhurley

dkhurley Mouseketeer

I'm guessing you can see the Magic, the Memories, and You really well though? I have never seen it with all the times I've been and I think I'm more worried about a spot for it, but would still like a decent view of fireworks.

5. budafam

budafam DIS Veteran

I love being in the hub, dead center with the castle right on the curb. The view can't be beat and you can sit the entire time which is nice :)

6. budafam

budafam DIS Veteran

evil double post :)

7. CamoMama

CamoMama DIS Veteran

We lucked into a good spot last time we were there. We had dinner at LTT without a reservation, so ended up waiting longer than normal. When we finished dinner we had about 30-45 minutes before the MSEP. We just walked across the street and sat on the concrete there and had a perfect view. There was also a snack cart right there, so we got popcorn and cotton candy and settled in.

8. WDW-PRINCESS

WDW-PRINCESS Mouseketeer

Yes - the castle is right in your face - you are better able to see all the projections when you are up close.

The view of wishes is still great, you will just miss some of the lower fireworks...but it's not like you don't see anything for any real length of time.