El Pirata y el Perico

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by ddiva, May 7, 2006.

1. ddiva

ddiva Mouseketeer

It seems to be closed on every visit to MK. I was wondering if anyone knew if this would be open on June 2nd?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lovmy2girls

lovmy2girls DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>I tell ya, if yo

Who the %$#@# knows! This upsets me so much, because I think it is a great CS place to get something different other than burgers and pizza, and chicken strips. We ate there once in July and I think then maybe only on certain days of the week it was open? If we could protest I would, because we really liked the taco salad and beans and rice. pirate: You can't know for sure on this place. It does not run on a set schedule!

4. Danemom

Danemom <font color=blue>My trouble is that I don't rememb

:rotfl2: I thought it was just me! Every trip I plan to eat here and everytime I go it is closed! I guess it's just used during the absolute busiest times? Maybe I'll get to try it during free dining.

5. mking624

mking624 DIS Veteran

Same frustrations here as well. This is mine & my DH's favorite CS to eat at and it's never open. It's absolutely ridiculous. If they're never going to open it (even at the busiest times) maybe they should do something with it to stop teasing us.

6. PrincessPatty

PrincessPatty Love ya Black and Gold!! Go Steelers!!<br><font c

They were testing it out as a buffet (Sept-Oct '05) We didnt try it out, but it was basically everything at a barbeque.

I too miss the old El Pirata y el Perico, I remember my sister and I were so excited to get there and eat, and it was closed, nothing else tasted good that day, I had my heart set on the food. :sad2:

7. MickeyisanNDfan

MickeyisanNDfan Mouseketeer

I have been to the MK at all times of the year, so many times I can't count and I have NEVER seen this place open! I had been beginning to wonder if it ever had been open! :teeth:

8. Mickey Fanatic

Mickey Fanatic <font color=coral>I am sure that it GREAT!<br><fon

I thought that we were the unlucky ones too! My DH and I have been dying to try pthis restaurant and it had NEVER been open.

We are hoping it is open next week!

9. jejune

jejune Earning My Ears

last time we were there (back in december-january) we asked a CM since it was closed the day we had planned on eating there while the day before it was opened. it turns out that it's only open during the crowded weeks such as the holidays and the summer. no clue as to why though.::MinnieMo

10. westcliffemom

westcliffemom Sometimes, I'm Pooh-brained!

I love this place and wish they would reopen it!

11. cdntourguide

cdntourguide DIS Veteran

The only time I have every seen this restaurant open was in the last week of April 2004.
    It was open two days in a row, and I ate there the second day.
    This was the least crowded CS facility at MK that day. I don't think many people thought that it was open.
    :cool1:

12. KimmLynn

KimmLynn Disney Vacation Club Member

I've been to WDW the last 4 summers and have NEVER seen it open.... the menu looks so good too!

13. HOGFAN

HOGFAN DIS Veteran

it was closed last week too. to my great disappointment. they had the best taco salads

14. La2kw

La2kw DIS Veteran

I've been there the last 4 summers (and many more before those) and we have always been able to eat there. The hours have been limited the past few years, but we have always been able to eat lunch there at least once a trip during the summer. I think the place was only open 11-4 last summer. The food there has definitely declined since the old days.