Eiffel Tower in France Epcot

cbellasmomma

Mouseketeer
Is there an Eiffel Tower replica in "France"? My daughter is obsessed with Paris and I thought it would be fun to get a picture in France when we go to Disney. But, other than for the photo op, I'm not sure I'm committed to going to Epcot.

Is there an Eiffel Tower replica in "France"? My daughter is obsessed with Paris and I thought it would be fun to get a picture in France when we go to Disney. But, other than for the photo op, I'm not sure I'm committed to going to Epcot.

Yes, as part of a faux backdrop. You cannot get to it.

You'll be able to get a picture with the Eiffel Tower in the background. The gift shop in France has of Eiffel Tower souvenirs as well. And definitely visit the Boulangerie Patisserie - it's really delicious!

There's a great spot on the bridge between France and the UK where you can get a photo with the tower in the background....pretty in the daytime or at night!

My DGrD11 is also France obsessed and she has loved visiting France in Epcot on our last 2 visits. We have a late lunch at Chefs de France, have pictures taken in front of the fountain/Eiffel Tower, browse the gift store and watch the wonderful movie Impressions de France (about 20 minutes I think) - we love that movie! Then on our way out of World Showcase, we stop back at the bakery for a treat to take back to the room.:goodvibes
Don't miss the movie!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 (comfy theater seating, air conditioning, beautiful scenery of France set to music).

Beak mom said it perfectly. In addition to France, the entire Epcot experience has many other wonderful things to offer in both sections of the park. There are also wonderful photo ops in many of the other countries as well. Your daughter may become interested and intrigued by exploring a little. For example, girls really seem to enjoy the store in the Japanese pavilion.

Each Disney employee (CM) is from the country they work at. You can interact with them in either language and they will write notes in their native language...

There's a great spot on the bridge between France and the UK where you can get a photo with the tower in the background....pretty in the daytime or at night!

Looks good in some photos...

Eiffel-Epcot_CC.jpg
photo by DarkwingDuck1979

But, the illusion is very, very fragile, (and the "tower" is very, very small) so don't look too closely.

EpcotFranceEiffelTower_zps36849e23.png

You haven't stated your daughter's age but World Showcase as lots of different countries and while your daughter might be obsessed with Paris right now, she could have ten more countries to explore and learn about. Also, don't miss
Impressions de France which is a movie that shows a lot of France, including Paris. No FastPass needed so you can enjoy at least treat at Epcot. You might also want to try out the free entertainment there and have a dessert or something in the area.

If your daughter is older, it might be difficult to get her back there after Canada and the United Kingdom what those pavilions provide.

I say this because we took our then five year old granddaughter to World Showcase and thought it would be a bust. We had just met her a year earlier. She absolutely loved it and didn't want to leave. We even had her while my son and now daughter-in-law had some time to themselves and all our granddaughter wanted to do was go to Epcot and "do the countries!".

You might be surprised but if your little one doesn't want more than a photo, then do that and leave.

^^^^^^^
What they all said! Epcot ended up being my children's (aged 3, 6 and 8) favourite park (other than MK) for many reasons - they LOVED visiting the worlds!

My older two kids LOOOOVED Epcot as littles (they're 13 and 10 now) and my youngest (5) says it is his favorite park. It spurred such an interest in world cultures, and because of it, our kids had a fantastic time when we finally visited Paris, Italy, and the UK this past year. They still can't wait to go back to Epcot in May. I can't imagine missing Epcot. DH and I had a 3 night trip in December and the only two parks we did were Epcot and MK.

VP

Looks good in some photos...

Eiffel-Epcot_CC.jpg
photo by DarkwingDuck1979

But, the illusion is very, very fragile, (and the "tower" is very, very small) so don't look too closely.

EpcotFranceEiffelTower_zps36849e23.png

To get this photo (likely any photo of the Eifel tower) bring a lens that zooms in. The more you zoom in the closer your daughter and the Eifel tower will be. It is an optical illusion. Using a cell phone will result in the Eifel tower looking small (No zoom).

My daughter is 9. I think we will commit to Epcot for one day. She doesn't like rides (scared) and I think we will skip Hollywood Studios instead of Epcot.

You can also buy a replica in the shops. Smaller still........ I think it's made in China.

You can also buy a replica in the shops. Smaller still........ I think it's made in China.

One time when I was in Paris, some guy came up and offered to sell me the real one.
I wish I'd bought it at the time. He only wanted $1000.
But, I wouldn't have had enough room to set it up at home, anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter