Egg-free or Vegan cake availability?

94bruin

DIS Veteran
I was looking through the cake thread and saw that someone once ordered an egg-free cake through Disney. It was a a few years ago. I'm wondering if anyone has ordered one recently. If it's still available. How was it?

Considering getting a cake for DD2's birthday; however, DD1 has and egg-white allergy, so it limits our choices. We could just do a single cake for DD2, but if I could get a bigger vegan/egg-free cake, I know DD2 would love to have cake, and I wouldn't mind eat cake, too!

I don't have a definite answer for you but they are very accomidating. Since the Cakes are special order, I am sure they could make you a vegan or egg free cake. Give them a call. I am sure they are used to the request.

I was looking through the cake thread and saw that someone once ordered an egg-free cake through Disney. It was a a few years ago. I'm wondering if anyone has ordered one recently. If it's still available. How was it?

Considering getting a cake for DD2's birthday; however, DD1 has and egg-white allergy, so it limits our choices. We could just do a single cake for DD2, but if I could get a bigger vegan/egg-free cake, I know DD2 would love to have cake, and I wouldn't mind eat cake, too!

I don't know the answer to your question about DLR cakes, but we sometimes get the Vegan Red Velvet cake from Sprinkles Cupcake in Newport Beach (kinda far, I know) for DD who has an egg/dairy/nut allergy. They use coconut cream for the mix and the frosting is coconut cream too (yes I know the FDA this year now considers coconut a nut but its fine for us). No eggs at all in it. And its really moist and delicious. I actually prefer it over regular red velvet myself b/c it's less sweet. Maybe you can order a few of those and do a cupcake tier.

If you search on Yelp.com and you'll see some pictures of it.

I don't know the answer to your question about DLR cakes, but we sometimes get the Vegan Red Velvet cake from Sprinkles Cupcake in Newport Beach (kinda far, I know) for DD who has an egg/dairy/nut allergy. They use coconut cream for the mix and the frosting is coconut cream too (yes I know the FDA this year now considers coconut a nut but its fine for us). No eggs at all in it. And its really moist and delicious. I actually prefer it over regular red velvet myself b/c it's less sweet. Maybe you can order a few of those and do a cupcake tier..

Mmm, sounds delicious. We'll have to stop by our local Sprinkles next time to try it out.

Unfortunately, your idea won't work because I'd like to order a cake for our lunch at Ariel's. Too bad there isn't a Sprinkles in DTD. Newport is definitely too far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter