Effects of inconsistent medication on ADHD or Oppositional Defiance Disorder?

LuluLovesDisney

<font color=red>If you're not outraged, you're not
I have a student who sometimes takes his meds and sometimes doesn't. I think it affects his personality and his work. When he hasn't taken it in a few days it is always obvious. He lives with a 24 year old cousin and has no other adults to keep him in line. I worry that taking meds sometimes and then not at all might be more damaging than not taking them at all. Does anyone know anything about this? Thank you!

my DS is on focalin for ADHD and this doesn't need it every day - for example, some parents don't give it on the weekends. You don't have to keep the med levels at a certain level all the time it's an extended release version. I believe there are others that must (or at least should) be given daily to keep the meds in the body at a certain level. There are some that you aren't supposed to abruptly stop and start back up every couple of days. I don't have any experience with those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter