Ee 10/24-10/27

Mommy2PrincessAbby

DIS Veteran
Okay... my brain won't stop spinning... maybe I am getting ready for the teacups??

We are staying at the DLH 10/24-10/27... so we could conceivably have EE 3 mornings (Th, Fri, Sat.) I think the park will be opening at 10, 9, and 8 those days... so EE would be 9, 8 and 7. I will be willing to bet we will not make the 7 on Saturday... so I am focusing on the weekdays. Anyone been in late October on a weekday? How does EE work? Can I just jump on the monorail at 9 am on Thursday, or do we wait in a line and check in first, how long of a line would there be in the off-season on a weekday? 10 minutes??

I got Ridemax, but it doesn't calculate EE days, so I am on my own to figure out what we can do with a 3 year old in that hour!

Thanks for helping out this newbie... I can VAGUELY remember about 15 years ago getting EE with my family and basically just walking in after about 2 people ahead of us... and my brother and I getting in a TON of rides in that hour... but darned if I can remember what time of year it was or what day of the week it was... but that was before Fastpasses and DCA!

Thanks!

--Lisa

For starters I would recommend reading all of hydroguy's links in this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520483

Also, my memory seems to be failing me but if I do recall correctly, Friday is not an EE day. By staying on site you will be able to use EE both Thurs and Sat though.

Now, on to the good stuff. Ridemax does have a hints and tips section which outlines their suggestions for attacking EE. I think it is very close to the route that many DIS members have taken and will suggest you follow. And, it works!

Basically I would attack EE in two ways... on one day I would plan on using EE to make the mad dash to Nemo. To do this you MUST be at the gates 30-40 before EE opening and ask a CM which lines they will be using that day (even or odd). Once you enter the park beeline it for Nemo. The Nemo que will be on the FL side of Matterhorn not the Tomorrowland side so don't make the mistake of hanging a right into Tomorrowland.

On the other EE day plan to arrive at the park at about the same time. On this day you will be enjoying all the lovely aspects of Fantasyland which your 3 year old should absolutely love. Ride in this order:

Peter Pan
Dumbo
Alice
Matterhorn
Mr Toad
Teacups
Snow White
Pinocchio
King Arthurs Carousel

Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, and Small World are also open during EE from my understanding. But to ride any of these during EE would require considerable walking time which would take away from the amount of rides you can accomplish.

Also be aware that lines for Small World and the Carousel build slowly and you can ride them later without waiting. Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear have FP and so anyone in your party wishing to ride SM or BLAB could use FP to ride them with minimal waiting later as well.

Realistically plan on riding 5 -7 of the EE rides before regular park opening. My suggestion would be at park opening to head to Storybookland Canal Boats no matter where you are in the ride itinerary as it builds lines quickly for this ride and we rode it 35 minutes into park opening and I can say it was the longest line we waited in.

Good Luck!:thumbsup2

Can I just say, this board rocks!! You guys are great... So we can do EE on Thursday, and save all of our toontown stuff for the morning madness thing on Friday and get into the park at the normal time.

I didn't think Nemo was an EE ride?? Do you mean get over there to get in line for when it opens at the normal time? Really?!!

I am beginning to think I need more than 3.5 days in this park... oh well... its what we have... thankfully we aren't going at peak season, maybe it'll be easier on us!

--Lisa

Yep...PP, Dumbo, Alice & Matterhorn in order...no potty breaks.

The only couple of thoughts I would add to SunDevilDaddy's excellent post is that the final 3 rides in FL (Snow White, Pinocchio & the Carousel) are right next to each other & imo can be ridden in any order. (in other words, if the carousel has empty horses as you walk by & is getting ready to start.....hop on.)

Also, if the Matterhorn is too much for the 3 y/o, just move the other rides up one. (Some 3 y/o are ok...some might want to wait a year).

Finally, if after Nemo (or if you finish in FL early) & you want to ride Buzz multiple times, THAT is what we did between 8:45 - 9:10am on one or our EE days. (Gen. Adm. rope drop was 9am that day).

Buzz is pretty close to both Nemo & the castle & is a good ride for little ones if you have extra EE time on your hands. 8 y/o DS & I rode it 3 times in a row (walk on) and had a blast trying to improve our scores.

Have a great time. :thumbsup2

hound

I am beginning to think I need more than 3.5 days in this park... oh well... its what we have... thankfully we aren't going at peak season, maybe it'll be easier on us!

--Lisa

Last year we did 3.5 days and it wasn't enough for us at all....this year we are flying in on a Sunday (in Oct) and starting Monday we will have 4 full days. Of course, for us, 4 days won't be enough either....;)

Can I just say, this board rocks!! You guys are great... So we can do EE on Thursday, and save all of our toontown stuff for the morning madness thing on Friday and get into the park at the normal time.

I didn't think Nemo was an EE ride?? Do you mean get over there to get in line for when it opens at the normal time? Really?!!

--Lisa

IF, & it is a realistic if... you use the suggestions of Ridemax, coupled with those suggestions posted by the likes of Hydroguy & Hound and other DIS regulars you will see that 3 days is plenty of time to experience everything the park has to offer at a peaceful and enjoyable pace.

I went through the same feelings before our family trip and was prepared to upgrade our tickets and cancel on relatives we were supposed to be visiting the day after we left Disneyland, but by the end of day 3 we stopped to think about what next and realized... we're done... we've experienced so much and had so much fun that we didn't need a 4th day.

So, if you follow the rules. You'll have a great 3 days and leave without feeling like your trip lacked something important. :thumbsup2

Also, I can not confirm or deny but it has been posted on this forum by reliable sources that Nemo is currently running during EE. - I would strongly suggest you follow hydro's rules on this one.

IF, & it is a realistic if... you use the suggestions of Ridemax, coupled with those suggestions posted by the likes of Hydroguy......

I went through the same feelings before our family trip and was prepared to upgrade our tickets and cancel on relatives we were supposed to be visiting the day after we left Disneyland, but by the end of day 3 we stopped to think about what next and realized... we're done... we've experienced so much and had so much fun that we didn't need a 4th day.

So, if you follow the rules. You'll have a great 3 days and leave without feeling like your trip lacked something important. :thumbsup2

Like SunDevilDaddy, I also got SO much done BOTH times i went for 3 days. But we ALWAYS got to the park early. I think this is a key....& whether you use Ride-Max, Hydroguy and others or whatever....I think getting to the park early gives one so much flexibility for their day & ensures that all Major rides & attractions are done without a hassle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter