Edit: Originally posted 12/07/2004) Today's (Tuesday) DVC Member Mixer -- with photos

Caskbill

<font color="blue">DVC-Operations<br>DVC-Planning<
We went to the 1st DVC Merry Member Mixer today. As you probably know this will be every Tuesday in December, 2004, from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm. It's located outside the Epcot International Gateway entrance, in the canapy area where the shuttle trams use to load and unload back in the days when trams use to run between Swan-Dolphin and Epcot.

It was very nice with many DVC cast members there, lots of tables set up and several 'dessert' tables all around. The dessert tables included an assortment of cookies, lemonade, apple cider, and cold water. (Later we went to DD and saw the same cookies for sale there at $1.95 each. These cookies at the mixer were big!)

There was a door prize of an absolutely huge gift basket full of DVC things. By huge, I mean it was about 3 feet high. We don't know who won because the drawing was to be held after the mixer closed. Upon entering you filled out a card giving your name, phone, current resort you're staying at, and room number. The winner would be getting the basket delivered to their room. Guess we didn't win because no one has shown up yet here at our room at VWL. :guilty:

There was entertainment also consisting of a Dickens Character quartet singing Christmas songs, and a String Quartet that played Christmas music. Mickey and Minnie were there also, dressed in their Christmas season garb, along with Goofy as Santa Claus, and Pluto, dressed as always -- plain ole' pluto. There were also a couple of santa's 'elves' mixing around and checking who was naughty and who was nice. I gave them my wish list for Christmas: 200 more DVC points. :wizard:

They also had an extensive display of pins, including limited edition ones. Just for information, there will be new DVC pins for the year 2005 with the first one being released in February, the 2nd one in May. Also of interest members will be able to purchase pins online, including the limited edition ones.

Finally, everyone got a DVC 'gift' upon leaving, a very nice Disney Vacation Club key ring, inside a nice red velvet pouch.

We were able to meet with several DISers at the event at different tables, and had great conversations about everything Disney, DVC, and DIS.

In all, it was a very nice member 'mixer'. DVC plans to do this annually. I took a number of photos and several are posted below. Can only recommend that if you're going to be here in December, be sure to try to make it to one of the Tuesday mixers. It was a very nice couple of hours.

Bill

Entrance.jpg

The entrance to the Mixer

MemberMixer.jpg

The DVC Member Mixer

DessertTable.jpg

One of the cookies table

DickensCarolers.jpg

The Dickens Carolers

DISers.jpg

One of the groups of DISers at the mixer

Caskbill.jpg

Caskbill with DW and Goofy

KeyRing.jpg

The Key Ring given to everyone who attended

Yes, we too thought the mixer was great! Maybe even better because so many DVC/DIS folks were there! We left fairly early because we had a dinner PS for Artist Point. Looks like we didn't win the gift basket either! Oh well, it would have been difficult to get home anyway!

Very cool - thanks for the preview. We'll be there on the 28th!

Great preview and pictures.. many thanks!

Great preview and pictures, thank you for posting them. We are so looking forward to the Mixer on the 21st. :cool1:

It sounds nice! Are guests allowed at all? We will be there next week and will have 2 friends with us.

Thanks for the great pics! and the information!

Will definately have to make sure we are there!

Scratch

Thanks for posting your pre-view and pictures. I think it's great that they have events like these. An extra small fix for us. Wishing we were there too, of course. :teleport:

We just received our mixer invitation in the mail yesterday . :rolleyes: Are there others that receive mailings late? Wonder why that happens? I was also wondering, if you need to show your DVC membership card, otherwise, nothing is stopping anyone to stop by, right? Bill, I'm so glad you posted this because we are hoping to spend some time there on Tuesday, before we attend the MVMCP, I'm even more excited now! :cool1: whoo hoo!!! . :cheer2:

We just got our invitation yesterday as well, and we want to go on Dec. 21st! Unfortunately, we can only stay a short bit because we have PS at 4:10 (I'm going to see if we can wiggle a little bit later), shucks, but we will be there!

Bobbi :Pinkbounc

Anyone know if guests would be welcome? Sounds like a nice event, but we'll have family (non-members) with us next week. While I don't want to take advantage of the system if it truly is intended for members only, I also don't want to make for an uncomfortable scene if our family is made to feel unwelcome (or turned away altogether.)

TIA.

This looks like so much fun! Why can't they extend it for one extra week (1/4) so I can go? I think it's great!

Are the characters there the whole time or do they come and go? We are staying at the BCV and are attending the MVMCP but would like to stop by the Merry Mixer at 3 p.m. for 15-20 minutes. My niece and her family will be with us and I know they would like to see Mickey and Minnie. Thanks!

Donna

Kerlynne said:
We just received our mixer invitation in the mail yesterday . :rolleyes: Are there others that receive mailings late? Wonder why that happens? I was also wondering, if you need to show your DVC membership card, otherwise, nothing is stopping anyone to stop by, right? Bill, I'm so glad you posted this because we are hoping to spend some time there on Tuesday, before we attend the MVMCP, I'm even more excited now! :cool1: whoo hoo!!! . :cheer2:
I still have not received mine but thanks to you guys, know all the details!LOL

Which reminds me, do we have to show the invitation?

Scratch
pirate:

Thank you for posting your experience at the Member Mixer. Too bad we were there last week!

It looks like a mini Member Homecoming event!

Thank you so much for the report and photos. That looks like alot of fun and great photo ops with the characters. We will definitely be there and may try to hit both since we will be there for 2 weeks.

Caskbill.jpg

Caskbill with DW and Goofy

Bill,

Thanks for the great report. Darn it that I missed this event by one week.

In this picture it's very clear who your DW is, but which one are you? We'd love to put a face to the name.

HBC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter