ECV rental availability

Melwhit16

Mouseketeer
My MIL will probably need an ECV for our trip. Mostly just for the long walks in the parks and not for around the hotel. Deciding between renting from park when we need it and renting for the week outside the park. I think having to take it to the room would be a hassle. How quickly do they run out of ECVs at the park? We will be there the week after Thanksgiving.

if you arrive early in the day you should be fine. they run out of charged ones as the afternoon and evening progresses.

Just be aware that renting an ECV just at the parks often works out to be MORE expensive than having the ECV all week. Renting just at the parks costs $50 per day (once you've rented at one park, you don't have to pay at a second park). But you can rent for an entire week from an off-site company for $150-$175. Thus, it's about $50-$75 cheaper for the week, no small amount. You do have the responsibility, however, of recharging the ECV every night and the responsibility of getting the ECV to the park.

Thank you that helps. I will let my MIL know what you have said and then let her decide.

The other thing about the park ECVs is that they're built like tanks, and just as manoeuvrable. The number of people we saw on the Disney scooters who couldn't get in and out of position in the wheelchair rows doesn't bear thinking about. Plus, of course, once you have one in a row and they've gone and plonked themselves near the centre, no-one can get past as they're so huge. It's far cheaper to hire one off site. You would then have it to and from the parks: would MiL be able to walk the distance if you went by car and ended up parked at the far end of the row or if by bus at the furthest bus stop away from the entrance? Or even walking round the resort itself. Some of them are really quite spread out. You have to take all possibilities into account.

Keep in mind that the resorts are HUGE and having an ECV at the resort can be very useful, as well.

I've done both.

We had two trips in 2014. One in September and one in December. In September we rented in the park. In December, we rented from Walker.

I have to say, I will never rent from the park again, unless I absolutely have to. Their scooters reminds me of the ones at I use at stores.

The one from Walker is much smaller, and much easier to handle. Oh and they are fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter