ECV at Dismeyland Questions

djmeredith

DIS Veteran
I'm also active on the Disneyland board and searched there, but didn't find answers so I thought I'd try here. My mom requires an ECV and used one last year at WDW, but we are new to DLR. Here are my questions in no particular order:

1. Would you recommend Deckerts or Apple in Anaheim for rental?
2. Will the scooter fit easily in the "trunk" area of the mini van once it's taken apart?
3. Someone on the Disneyland board mentioned that the World of Color wheelchair/ECV seating area has changed recently. Does anyone have any info about this?
4. Are there any parade special viewing areas for ECVs?

Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide!

I was there over spring break and rented from Deckerts. I stayed at Candy Cane Inn and did not need to take apart but just drove it down the sidewalk and into the park. It was pretty amazing not to ever have to load myself and the ECV onto a bus.

Whomever you choose, call them and discuss the size of your vehicle and the need to transport. They know what they are doing and will get you what you need. However, some of the parts are heavy so you will need some upper body strength to load into a vehicle.

I do not know if we were the old or the new World of Color area but the fastpass handicapped area did fill up quickly and the late comers had lesser views.

As for the parades, there was a disabilities guide map that had that type of info in it. We never got to see a parade - too busy riding stuff. There was not any handicapped area for Fantasmic.

Thanks for the info! I didn't know about the guide so that tip is especially helpful. How early before WOC would you recommend lining up? And where was the line for ECV users? Thanks again!

We got our fast passes about 10 AM and we're assigned to the yellow seating area. When went to where the yellow handicapped area it was about an hour to show time. We were squeezed into an edge and saw just okay. There were nicer spaces that the cast member told me filled up first. The thing was the fast passes were separate from the regular ones so did not prevent getting them for riding the rest of the day.

We got our fast passes about 10 AM and we're assigned to the yellow seating area. When went to where the yellow handicapped area it was about an hour to show time. We were squeezed into an edge and saw just okay. There were nicer spaces that the cast member told me filled up first. The thing was the fast passes were separate from the regular ones so did not prevent getting them for riding the rest of the day.

Thanks for the info, we will plan to line up early for a good spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter