Economical way to get from Sanford Orlando airport to Bonnet Creek?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by reeltherapy, Mar 18, 2012.

1. reeltherapy

reeltherapy Earning My Ears

We need to get from Sanford Orlando airport to Wyndham Bonnet Creek on March 29th then back on April 6th. After looking (and bidding) at rental car prices on Priceline it looks like it'll cost us $400-$500 for the week for a rental car...that's ridiculous! What have others used? Shuttles? Towncar services? Any advice? We'll need to stop for a few groceries on the way to the resort and we'll have 3 adults and a 5 month old baby. Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ToddyLu

ToddyLu Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

:) Tiffany Towncar will pick you up at Sanford and round trip is $230.

4. ToddyLu

:) We never use Magical Express and have only used Tiffany for abu t7-8 trips. Great drivers, on time and pleasant. I will book with them in May and again Oct.

5. ToddyLu

:) Sorry for all the posts...you get a 30 minute grocery stop with them

6. maryscooking

maryscooking Earning My Ears

We have a Ford Edge reserved from Avis for mid-June for $169 plus taxes and fees, minus an Entertainment Book coupon - total cost is right around $200 for the week. I don't know if the coupon code will work for your dates, but the code can be found in a thread or two on these forums.

7. reeltherapy

reeltherapy Earning My Ears

Thanks all, I ended up getting a Budget Intermediate SUV for $167 a week. Used a coupon code that was posted earlier and very happy!

8. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

Ummm, you could have just edited your original post each time you thought of something else....that happens to me all the time!!!:thumbsup2

9. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

Try Budget and the "Wendie" special on the front page of the Budget site you can get an SUV for $235 including taxes:
    https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/ht...l?&ICID=homepage_billboard&IID=wendie_sp_2012

You can also add a $25 coupon "MUWZ023" (note: it may not be taken off, the rate rules say no extra coupons, but there have been reports that the coupon is being applied when people return the car): http://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/htm...25offwkly.html?BCD=X793200&CPN=MUWZ023&logo=1

Rate ( USD )

167.00 car
    0.00[​IMG] options
    68.34 [​IMG] taxes & fees
    $ 235.34 TOTAL

DW rate terms [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 8 day 0 hour rental [​IMG] unlimited free miles [​IMG] 4 day 3 hour minimum rental required [​IMG] 14 day maximum rental allowed

[​IMG]
    Pick-up: SANDFORD ORLANDO INTL AIRPORT - SFB [​IMG]
    SANFORD , FL
    Thu, 29 Mar 2012 12:00 PM

Return: same as pick-up location
    Fri, 6 Apr 2012 12:00 PM

[​IMG]
    Car
    [​IMG] FORD ESCAPE
    or similar
    [​IMG] intermediate SUV [​IMG] automatic [​IMG] air conditioned