• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ecigarettes...more frustrating than selfie stix?

humphreydog

Terminated on 10/8/17. Bourne to new identity 6/20
Many people walking around IOA today with ecigarettes. What is the IOA stance on this? Very upset that I had to inhale second hand e-smoke. Even more upset that my children inhaled this second hand e-smoke and replied that is "smelled like candy" (which is another issue altogether).

This doesn't seem to be regulated at Universal and there is a loophole for them to spread the effects of their carcinogen sticks upon us all.

Many people walking around IOA today with ecigarettes. What is the IOA stance on this? Very upset that I had to inhale second hand e-smoke. Even more upset that my children inhaled this second hand e-smoke and replied that is "smelled like candy" (which is another issue altogether).

This doesn't seem to be regulated at Universal and there is a loophole for them to spread the effects of their carcinogen sticks upon us all.

They're not the same at real cigs. E cigs produce a flavored water vapor, which gives the user their nicotine fix without the cancer causing agents.

Having said that, I do think that users of e cigs should have more courtesy for others when they are partaking. As well, theme parks should confine their use to set areas.

Pretty sure they are supposed to be in the smoking sections as well.

I don't like inhaling it no matter what it is. Chemicals were used to make those annoying smells, and I do not choose to inhale those chemicals. If I was being tortured and had a choice between a real cigarette and the fake ones, I'd obviously choose the fake ones, but I don't WANT to inhale anything from anyone's nicotine fix.

Truth be told with ecigs. we do not know enough. In the 80's when snuff came out, they were touted as a safe alternative to smoking. Obviously with time that was proven wrong. Whose to say in 10 years ecigs will be considered just as dangerous. I don't want to inhale that second hand smoke because what is really in it.

Hate it! That being said, had to pull myself away from being the next big viral sensation when I told a couple smoking real cigarettes as they walked by Confisco at IofA to find a smoking section. Their response, "We are outside, we can do what we want." Aaarrrggghh! Told an employee, they just shrugged.

Absolutely no excuse for not smoking in designated areas! Dh smokes as did I until I got pregnant, and it seemed like every time we wanted to stop for one, a DSA magically appeared. They were everywhere, which was convenient for smokers, but very easy for non smokers to avoid (ie not like when they had a smoking section right behind the castle as MK).

Ugh...I hate smoking of any kind. If that's what you choose to do, fine, but do it where I don't have to breathe it in. That's why they have designated places to smoke. And stay in the area...don't wander out.

But I must say that if I did have a problem with someone smoking where they weren't supposed to, I told a TM and they always remedied the situation. The problem is when there are no TMs around - like in line at HHN a few times last year.

As a former smoker I absolutely cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke, indoors or out. However I really don't mind the people who vape outdoors.

However, those who do vape should really be mindful of the fact that they are smoking and there's a separate section for that. But I'm not going to throw down if somebody's vaping near me, as long as it's outdoors and I cannot smell it.

I think the flavored ones give off a smell that is disgusting.They smell like pipe tobacco and think you are breathing in the carcinogens that comes with it.In fact you're not tho.Facts show they are no 2'nd or 3'rd hand effects from the E.Check out this article:
http://electroniccigarettehub.org/615/are-electronic-cigarettes-dangerous-for-non-smokers/

Mr Duck......for every article that extols the virtues of these things, there is an alternative article that will tell you they're not the wonderful, beautiful thing the manufacturers and users will tell you they are.

People of a certain age will tell you when cigarettes were being advertised many, many moons ago they were told how good they were for you............

Last edited:
If it was up to me smoking would be banned from all public places.

It's been proven a health risk and why should my family be subjected to certain health issues. If a smoker chooses to die a slow death then that's there choice in their own place or designated area outside of your home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter