EBPC December 9, 2012!!! PART 2

My first travel blog

Loved meeting everyone either on the track (deck 4), in the halls, at the spa, at the DVC meetups, at mealtimes, or on the excursions.

Thanks for allowing us latecomers to participate in the FE. We enjoyed giving the Christmas tree/train sets as well as receiving all of the lovely thoughtful gifts.

Kudos to Jeff and Susan Spencer for the dynamic information on the website, nametags, and the stateroom crawl organization! What a lovely couple you are.

We could definitely take this cruise again. We're booked for the Med in August and on the Fantasy for Thanksgiving.

I started a travel blog during our cruise called www.nrgtucker.wordpress.comJourney Buffet. It was fun doing it and helps me to remember what happened. :-)

Hope to see ya real soon! Happy New Year!

Natalie & Melvin

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Awesome blog!!!
There is actually a buffet in Indy called Journey. I thought that was funny. Love all your pics and details about our tour. It was so hot it all went in one ear and out the other. Great meeting you guys!

We went to the Dolphins game too as I've been a fan forever and it was my first time attending a home game. LOVED the experience! We're also doing the Med next year - June 15 Greece if our friends don't cancel. Which itinerary will you be on?

Aw, we're missing each other by about a month. We're on the 12 night Med with Greece starting July 13th. I've never been to Europe so I'm kind of overwhelmed with all the planning I will need to do. Are there any must do's that you know of?

Ok John, tell us more about Distilled water. Just drink it instead of tap? Or no food on top of that? My inaccurate weigh-in on Tuesday had me up 5lbs, so I think I only gained 3-4lbs. Pretty proud of myself; all those stairs, plus hauling all our luggage through 2 airports Monday helped.

Nothing is unpacked yet, I am back to work for the next 7 nights, and no fresh food yet in the house, so we have a long week ahead of us.
Met so many great new friends on this trip, DH is amazed at the community we have here (I may even get him to join:))

I cut back my eating to normal levels and reduced the sodium content of the food I was eating. That's the biggest problem with Disney's food. So go ahead and eat normally, just drink distilled water for 1 day. No more than 2 or you will be sorry. I drank a gallon from 3 pm to 9 pm the day we got back home and woke up 10 lbs lighter. The distilled water binds with, and pulls out all of the sodium laced water that your body was holding onto. Completely safe as long as you only do it for a max of two days in any given week.

I'd like to know this too...what does distilled water do that regular water doesn't?

DZ

Distilled water binds with the sodium laced water that your body is holding onto. Drink a gallon the first day and your body releases most the water it was holding onto. Do it 2 days and the rest will be eliminated. However, DO NOT do it the 3rd day. If you are still retaining water, give it a week and start over again.

After many delays today (stupid snow and wind), we have arrived home. We had such a "wonder"ful trip. It will be nice to sleep in my own bed, something I haven't done since 12/3! I loved meeting everybody and my sister was so shocked at how social I was! I need to start losing the weight I gained. I am trying to talk the DH in to doing the transatlantic. We shall see. I will post a few photos when we get them off the camera. If you didn't get the running certifcate, please PM me your email address and I will send you the graphic. I recycled the leftover certifcates before I left the ship. So proud of everyone for staying active! We manged to take the stairs the whole trip (except for the first day with roller bags). Missing our trip so much and not looking forward to work tomorrow but lucky for me, I do not have to go to DC tomorrow and Friday!

chrissyt27 said:
Awesome blog!!!
There is actually a buffet in Indy called Journey. I thought that was funny. Love all your pics and details about our tour. It was so hot it all went in one ear and out the other. Great meeting you guys!

Thanks lady! It was a pleasure meeting you and your hubby. Hope to cruise with you again soon. We booked Fantasy Thanksgiving but are looking for a transatlantic coming from Europe in 2014 hopefully. Happy New Year!

Thanks lady! It was a pleasure meeting you and your hubby. Hope to cruise with you again soon. We booked Fantasy Thanksgiving but are looking for a transatlantic coming from Europe in 2014 hopefully. Happy New Year!

We are hoping to do a transatlantic as well. Maybe by 2014. I think I heard 2013 the Magic isn't coming back, it's going to drydock, someone in the hot tub said that though. So 2014 would be great. I want to do the Med with it.

Nat I love your blog. Great overview of the trip.

I was looking at transatlantic prices last night and it is very affordable. Unfortunately May 2013 is probably a little too soon for another 14nighter. Maybe 2014 when they return.

I am trying to talk family into an Alaska trip in summer 2015. Don't know who will go for it though.

pharmjenn said:
Nat I love your blog. Great overview of the trip.

I was looking at transatlantic prices last night and it is very affordable. Unfortunately May 2013 is probably a little too soon for another 14nighter. Maybe 2014 when they return.

I am trying to talk family into an Alaska trip in summer 2015. Don't know who will go for it though.

Thanks.

The May prices ARE reasonable but yes, it is too soon so I'm hoping for a 2014 one. Alaska is in my sights too.

WVURunner said:
After many delays today (stupid snow and wind), we have arrived home. We had such a "wonder"ful trip. It will be nice to sleep in my own bed, something I haven't done since 12/3! I loved meeting everybody and my sister was so shocked at how social I was! I need to start losing the weight I gained. I am trying to talk the DH in to doing the transatlantic. We shall see. I will post a few photos when we get them off the camera. If you didn't get the running certifcate, please PM me your email address and I will send you the graphic. I recycled the leftover certifcates before I left the ship. So proud of everyone for staying active! We manged to take the stairs the whole trip (except for the first day with roller bags). Missing our trip so much and not looking forward to work tomorrow but lucky for me, I do not have to go to DC tomorrow and Friday!

Great meeting u. Thanks for encouraging us to be fit. I did a half marathon and my hubby did the ultra 2x!
I work in DC so maybe I'll see you around.

Susan and I are looking at a summer 2013 Alaska cruise too. We're also interested in doing a med cruise that visits Greece. If they come out with the guarantee rates like they did last year, we'll be all over them. Until then, we'll just bide our time and see what comes along.

Wow, getting back into the daily grind has been hard! Please tell me I am not the only one whose luggage is still sitting in the exact same spot it was placed when it was unloaded from the car? That is my simple goal of the day!

I can't believe I completed 5 cruises this year! This one was by far the best! The weather alone has me wanting to do this cruise again. We have the Fantasy in June and Alaska in August to look forward to. I am also eager to find out DCL's plans for the rest of 2014.

Susan and I are looking at a summer 2013 Alaska cruise too. We're also interested in doing a med cruise that visits Greece. If they come out with the guarantee rates like they did last year, we'll be all over them. Until then, we'll just bide our time and see what comes along.

Jeff,
PM me if you see a guarantee rate for the Med with Greece, we are watching for that as well. We are also hoping for a Baltic Northern Capitals to post as well, really wanted to extend our 2010 Med to include that but couldn't fit it in.

Mike

We're doing the last Alaska in 2013, and then the repo cruise to LA. Love to see your names on the list!

Nat, that's a lovely blog. I also like the beginning of the trip report someone else started.

We are snowed in today - YEAH!

Also snowed in today...and of course, my boss is sick and asked me to come in for her. When I was younger, I would have felt obligated. Now, not so much...so here I sit :surfweb:. The drive home from work yesterday was NOT fun.

I really miss sunshine and palm trees :sad1:......:sad::sad::sad:!!!

We're looking at Alaska, but probably on another line. I say that now, but somehow we keep getting sucked right back onto DCL :goodvibes. Anyone sailed Celebrity on that route? Canada from NYC would be soooo easy, though.

Is anyone else having trouble giving up the sweets? I should have known better than to indulge as much as I did on the ship. With lots of candy around, too, I need an intervention :faint:.

Thank you for all the information and tips. You all made the trip fantastic.

Although we were at times overwhelmed with the information. I know we would have missed so much without your information.

Special thanks to FE, Cabin Crawl, Certificates.... And thank you Linda for the sea sickness pills - it helped DW feel better. Sorry about anything we missed overslept PC certificate distribution,...

Thanks for all the information and tips!

My DW found out about port upgrades. My room deal became more expensive, with a veranda conveniently located under the spa. I must say being able to see the flying fish, dolphins, a sea turtle, whales, stars, meteors, the canal was worth it.

We really enjoyed out Disney vacation from Disneyland to Panama Canal to Disney World. Being in the Magic Kingdom for Christmas was great (and not as crowded as I expected). We flew into Buffalo last night to a beautiful winter wonderland. We all missed the snow. I expect the kids are out playing in it right now, my daughter wanted to go out this morning in her PJs. The picture below is of the front loader clearing the streets last night, roads were clear this morning.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

snowplow-web.jpg

overslept PC certificate distribution,...

I must say being able to see the flying fish, dolphins, a sea turtle, whales, stars, meteors, the canal was worth it.

We all missed the snow.
We also overslept the cert. distribution....these things are better held in the afternoon, it seems (at least toward the end of a 14-day'er) :goodvibes But having it delivered to our cabin was very kind and much appreciated.

You saw whales??? Totally jealous. ::yes::

If you want more snow, I'll be happy to oblige. You can have ours (6-7")! :thumbsup2

I hate to make anyone jealous during this festive season, but here in LA it is sunny, clear, and in the low 60's. While it did rain the day before and the day after Christmas, nothing since.

Certainly not quite as nice as the weather we had on the cruise. Cartagena was about as hot as we will be for a few months. The tour bus was either hot or cold, fortunately mostly cold. And the museums were just hot. Good time anyway.

Thank you for all the information and tips. You all made the trip fantastic.

Although we were at times overwhelmed with the information. I know we would have missed so much without your information.

Special thanks to FE, Cabin Crawl, Certificates.... And thank you Linda for the sea sickness pills - it helped DW feel better. Sorry about anything we missed overslept PC certificate distribution,...

Thanks for all the information and tips!

My DW found out about port upgrades. My room deal became more expensive, with a veranda conveniently located under the spa. I must say being able to see the flying fish, dolphins, a sea turtle, whales, stars, meteors, the canal was worth it.

We really enjoyed out Disney vacation from Disneyland to Panama Canal to Disney World. Being in the Magic Kingdom for Christmas was great (and not as crowded as I expected). We flew into Buffalo last night to a beautiful winter wonderland. We all missed the snow. I expect the kids are out playing in it right now, my daughter wanted to go out this morning in her PJs. The picture below is of the front loader clearing the streets last night, roads were clear this morning.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

snowplow-web.jpg

You are totally welcome. There is no need to be miserable.

We also overslept the cert. distribution....these things are better held in the afternoon, it seems (at least toward the end of a 14-day'er) :goodvibes But having it delivered to our cabin was very kind and much appreciated.

You saw whales??? Totally jealous. ::yes::

If you want more snow, I'll be happy to oblige. You can have ours (6-7")! :thumbsup2

Wish I'd seen whales. I saw the flying fish and dolphins, and spent some time star watching from the bow, but that's about it for observations.

We got 10 inches of white stuff. It's gorgeous from inside, and my husband is a happy boy!
I hate to make anyone jealous during this festive season, but here in LA it is sunny, clear, and in the low 60's. While it did rain the day before and the day after Christmas, nothing since.

Certainly not quite as nice as the weather we had on the cruise. Cartagena was about as hot as we will be for a few months. The tour bus was either hot or cold, fortunately mostly cold. And the museums were just hot. Good time anyway.

I leave for Florida in 18 days, but even there, it won't be as warm as the days on the cruise. Must admit to loving that steamy hot weather. I soaked it up like a cat.

Happy Day, all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter