EBPC December 9, 2012!!! PART 2

Just wondering.....
Many, many posts ago someone mentioned a Champagne girls meet. Is this still a go, as I will have to get a tiara? And if so, when was it suppose to take place and where?

I am keen for any events that involve champagne and tiaras. Tell me more about this!

Mary Lou

Holy cow. No doubt about it, your Thanksgiving turkey story totally trumps mine about about the time my sister defrosted the turkey in the hot tub...
OK, that's just funny! I'd love to hear the outcome....

That beats ANY Thanksgiving story I've heard yet. (I looked to see if you lived in Alaska. because it sounds like a story my friend in Eagle River could tell.)

I've already been to the gym, grocery store, prepared breakfast and made a cake. Scrapbook goodies are packed, packing schedule is complete, and ornament for exchange is done and packed. Is it time to go yet?:hyper:
Gosh, you're a busy woman!

Sometimes, it feels like Alaska here ::yes::. My front bench has often served as a temp. frig (or freezer, depending just how cold it is) for a large item (like a turkey ;), pot of soup, you get the idea). When the power was out for three days post-Sandy, the back deck served as the refrigerator, and we lost nothing...brrrrr. No problem, until day 3, when Larry found a squirrel trying to unwrap some cheese :worried:. Thankfully, there were no other "visitors".

This time, Larry wanted to put the turkey in the grill on the back deck, which is fenced in, but we actually used the grill for dinner last night....so the bear got lucky. I'm convinced it was female, because we found the wrapper this morning next to the driveway, and it had been quite neatly removed in one piece :thumbsup2.
My BIL is an actor who frequently plays "background parts" on Boardwalk Empire and other shows. He had a few parts in "Pan Am" last season, which is the only show that he's been in that I watched LOL!!! He always says that most of his parts are "the blurry guy in the background" or "the blue sleeve next to the main character".
Hey, the stars would be nothing without those "blurry guys in the background"!!! And I loved Pan Am, too....hated that it got cancelled.

Congratulations to JessicasMom and Beth's Husband for making me snort in laughter not once, but TWICE this morning! You know it is starting out to be a good week when bears are stealing thanksgiving dinner and husbands are wearing "What Not To Wear"!

On a side note, I asked 6 year-old DS what he was most looking forward to on our cruise and he said it was the "presents in the pockets" (i.e. FE). Thank you to everybody who is taking the time to make his trip extra-special!!!
You're very welcome. Since my camera malfunctioned when I grabbed it to take a picture (it was probably too dark anyway :confused3), DH joked that we should put our other turkey outside and lie in wait. Yeah, like that's going to happen! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:I prefer the bears remain in Bear Land (which I'd like to believe is a land far, far away, not in my front yard).

I'm sure your DS will be thrilled with all his "presents". That's what it's all about :goodvibes.

jessicamom, and i thought southerns were idiots, i stand corrected northerns can be idiots too!!!! ha ha ha
Anna, if you weren't my favorite (and ONLY) niece, I would be offended!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Actually, it's been a rough week. DH and I both have rotten colds (thanks to my MIL :(), our electric heat in the bedroom died (turned out to be the circuit breaker, of all things), my car needed new tires and some other goodies at a cost of over $900 :scared1::scared1::scared1: and...you may have heard...a bear ate my turkey :lmao:! Being sick derailed my trip planning/packing this past week, but I hope to make up for it soon (as if I have a choice....THREE WEEKS!!!! :cool1:)

However, given what other Dissers have endured recently, my problems are nothing. It's all good.

Hope all have a wonderful Thanksgiving & keep family close. It has been a rough couple weeks for everyone it seems. My father went to emergency room having a heart attack on the same day my MIL was told she had breast cancer. Good news is my dad got to hospital quickly & they say everything looks ok & MIL found the lump early so she had surgery today & they said she could go on the trip but has to do mild chemo treatments when we get back. So everyone hold there family close by & enjoy every moment we have with them:) Happy Thanksgiving

GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

MNewcomer
, You've had quite a time - thank goodness it all ended well!

The recipe that everyone always asks me to make is

Cranberry waldorf salad

1 or 2 pkts cranberry, raspberry or strawberry jello, depending on the size of the crowd
1 can of whole cranberry sauce, broken up
1 tart apple, peeled, cored and chopped
a couple stalks of celery, diced small
some chopped walnuts (or pieces)

Make the jello & put it in the fridge. Stir at regular intervals until it starts to thicken. Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Stir at short intervals until it is set - the whole idea is to keep the ingredients well distributed. Don't even think of trying to unmold this - it *will* fall apart.

I make a sauce of mayonaise & lemon juice to serve with it. The combination of the sweet salad and slightly salty sauce works for me.

Usually, we're at my cousins in Jacksonville for Thanksgiving - they have all the family from both sides so the count is usually in the 20s. Sad to miss it, but we got an invitation to dinner in a restaurant, so happy I don't need to cook. Dinner for two or even two old couples together is just not very festive.

Champagne girls on this cruise I don't remember, but I did see someone say Tiaras on Prince & Princess night. If I have room to spare, I'll stick mine in.

Jeff, Thanks to you and your wife for making all those nametags! That's a lot. I hadn't realized the group had gotten so large.

FE people, Ornament exchange people, Scrappers group and "my" Cartagena tourists - if you've been on GTY status, PLEASE remember to update your room numbers as you get them. Surprises can't happen if we can't find you!

Happy Day, all!

I'm up for a Champagne girls meet & greet. Or, a round the world where we each bring a bottle of champagne on board, then share it in each stateroom, or being them all to one stateroom. Everybody spends $12-$20 on a bottle and we all have a great time!!

I'd be happy to organize.

Is anyone willing to do a sum ip of meeting times & places?

We have pre boarding in front of tvs
Boarding day M&G
Brunch (I'm not sure if I made this list either)
Ornament Exchange
Scrapper Exchange

What else? It would be nice to have a printable summary.

Is anyone willing to do a sum ip of meeting times & places?

We have pre boarding in front of tvs
Boarding day M&G
Brunch (I'm not sure if I made this list either)
Ornament Exchange
Scrapper Exchange

What else? It would be nice to have a printable summary.

I didn't know about the pre-boarding but the rest are on the web page (Link below) under the "Meets" tab. :)

I'm up for a Champagne girls meet & greet. Or, a round the world where we each bring a bottle of champagne on board, then share it in each stateroom, or being them all to one stateroom. Everybody spends $12-$20 on a bottle and we all have a great time!!

Maybe I was dreaming when I thought I read about it because I had made a note of it as well as Prince and Princess night, but then hadn't heard anything more. :confused3
But, this sounds like fun. We could order cheese platters from room service to go with the champagne. Count me in please.

Audrey

Jeff, I bought the magnetic laminating cartridge refill for the Xyrox from www.stickermaker.com. Their prices are better than Amazon's and they are prompt. I print my designs on cardstock, then run them through the xyron and cut/trim the images. They stick better than the magnet stuff that comes in a roll.

Thanks! Our laminator is a xyron and I need another laminating refill so I'll buy the magnetic one and give it a try. :thumbsup2

Maybe I was dreaming when I thought I read about it because I had made a note of it as well as Prince and Princess night, but then hadn't heard anything more. :confused3
But, this sounds like fun. We could order cheese platters from room service to go with the champagne. Count me in please.

Audrey

This sounds like fun and I would like to join as well. I don't care for champagne (or most alcohol for that matter), but it would still be nice to hang out and have some snacks, if I can just drink my diet coke.

This sounds like fun and I would like to join as well. I don't care for champagne (or most alcohol for that matter), but it would still be nice to hang out and have some snacks, if I can just drink my diet coke.

I love Diet Coke AND champagne--I'm in!! Tiara and all.

Mary Lou

I just finished my door magnets and while I think the magnets I have will work out ok, I am thinking about what to bring for back up.

I have not read anything about StickyTac anywhere. Can this be used? I have white StickyTac, if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

ML

Audrey

I just got my tiara for Prince and Princess night. I found a really cute black one which matches my outfit for formal night! If I have time I may make earrings to go with it, but I still haven't done the ornaments for the exchange, and I'm still working on my niece's baby shower gift. I have the blanket finished, and the sweater is half done. Tomorrow night I can finish the sweater, and maybe even the hat. Otherwise, I'll finish the hat Thursday while DH is whipping up a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner for the two of us! He may be colorblind and fashion-impaired, but he's a terrific cook! That may be why the marriage has lasted 40 years :goodvibes!

Beth

With turkey day ahead of us, does anyone have any favorite recipes they'd like to share? Something that always gets the "oh, if you're coming, please bring the delicious __________."

And, have any of these recipes come from a Disney resort or cruise?

Trader Joe's, which has locations in many states, has the best green bean casserole recipe. The following recipe is for everyone, including people who've tried the green bean casserole and hated it (me). It's delicious!

http://www.cooktj.com/trader-joes-holiday-green-bean-casserole

I've also made the scalloped potatoes served at the Blue Bayou in Disneyland - have to find the recipe!
We bring Lawry's Cream Corn. Can't show up without it.

Ingredients
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
2 tablespoons sugar
3 cups canned whole kernel corn ( or fresh or frozen is okay)

Directions
  1. Melt butter in heavy saucepan.
  2. Add flour and salt, stirring to blend.
  3. Slowly add whipping cream, stirring constantly until thickened.
  4. Add sugar and corn, heat.
  5. For Au Gratin creamed corn, place corn in a 9 or 10 inch shallow casserole dish.
  6. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese and brown under broiler.

I just got my tiara for Prince and Princess night. I found a really cute black one which matches my outfit for formal night! If I have time I may make earrings to go with it, but I still haven't done the ornaments for the exchange, and I'm still working on my niece's baby shower gift. I have the blanket finished, and the sweater is half done. Tomorrow night I can finish the sweater, and maybe even the hat. Otherwise, I'll finish the hat Thursday while DH is whipping up a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner for the two of us! He may be colorblind and fashion-impaired, but he's a terrific cook! That may be why the marriage has lasted 40 years :goodvibes!

Beth
What night is the Prince and Princess night? I have yet to find a ballgown but I still have a few days before we leave on Nov 30th. Plus we will be spending 5 days with family in New Jersey for the American Thanksgiving.

Baking day here. We will be hosting Thanksgiving this year since my MIL has been suffering with kidney stones the last few weeks. She has had 2 surgeries and they discovered she had atrial fibrillation on top of everything else. And while I am sad she is going thru so much hubby and I are excited to be hosting the whole family. There will be at least 13 here, maybe more depending on the nieces and nephews.
Today I am making 3 pumpkin pies, 1 apple, 1 pecan, lemon poppy seed muffins, cornbread and pretzel salad.
When we got new appliances this summer I got a stove with two ovens. And we put our old fridge in the basement. Putting them all to use today!
Thanksgiving is also my oldest ds birthday. He will be 23. And Friday is my birthday I will be twice his age. So Friday night we will be having another family party to celebrate.:dance3: This is probably the best weekend of the whole year in our house. Because then Saturday we will head to the family cabin to get ready for buck season.
And just because it isn't quite festive already, youngest ds(21) left a few ours ago to visit his girlfriend for two days and propose. :drive::bride:

What night is the Prince and Princess night? I have yet to find a ballgown but I still have a few days before we leave on Nov 30th. Plus we will be spending 5 days with family in New Jersey for the American Thanksgiving.

I found lots of ballgowns and formal dresses at my local Macy's. It's a good place to start if you don't have much time to shop. They also have the fun, old style dressing rooms for my little girls - the 'magic triple mirrors' to keep them amused while you try on dresses. :)

Where will you be in New Jersey? It's lovely here at this time of year, when we're not having hurricanes!

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter