• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ebay shipping question- ship to different address?

HALEYSMOMMOM

DIS Veteran
Someone has requested I ship to a different address. That isn't a good idea is it? Thanks for any info!!:goodvibes

If they paid with a money order, I would ship to whatever address they asked - just get delivery confirmation. If they payed through Paypal, you MUST ship to their confirmed address on their Paypal account or you lose all Seller Protection through Paypal.

I have shipped to a different address and I have also had items I purchased shipped to a different address. What I usually do is look at their feedback. if they have like 500 positives and asked me to ship it somewhere else I will do it. I have had people ask me to ship it to their work so no one at home will get it (this is very true for kid items that will be gifts).

I asked to have my Ebay purchase shipped to my friends house so that the kids wouldn't see it come in the mail... I realized afterward, that it shows as a non-confirmed address! Is there a way to confirm someone else's address?

Or just hope that the seller will ship it to me?

Hmmm, well, this lady wants to pay thru paypal, but asked me to ship to her daughter's house in a different state. Her feedback is like 93-94 %, for not shipping out some items she sold once upon a time ( a few years back). My gut is telling me not to do this, although I can understand that she doesn't want to reship it. If I'm not protected thru paypal, I guess that's a pretty good reason not to do it. :confused3

I asked to have my Ebay purchase shipped to my friends house so that the kids wouldn't see it come in the mail... I realized afterward, that it shows as a non-confirmed address! Is there a way to confirm someone else's address?

Or just hope that the seller will ship it to me?

You can confirm more than one address per account: my co-worker has both his home address and work address as confirmed through his Paypal account. I believe you have to go through some sort of manual confirmation to add work, but I don't have the details.

You can confirm more than one address per account: my co-worker has both his home address and work address as confirmed through his Paypal account. I believe you have to go through some sort of manual confirmation to add work, but I don't have the details.

I would either have them do this (add the other address as a confirmed address), or they would have to pay me with a USPS money order that I cashed at the post office (not in my account in case it was a fake) before shipment.

I agree that it makes sense for her to save money by not having to ship it twice, but you have to be able to protect yourself too. If she uses paypal, she should understand this.

I've done this several times! I run a baby gift fund for a smaller mom's board I'm on, and so I've bought things off Ebay a couple of times as gifts. I just go in and add their address into my paypal account. That way I'm still a verified buyer through paypal, just sending it to another address. However, I've always asked before bidding, and explained why I was doing it.

Yes, this is what I think I will do, thanks! Just one stupid question- why cash it at the PO instead of the bank? I know you said not in your acct in case it is fake, but I don't understand.... Thanks!

Sorry- this is directed at horseshowmom, should've quoted :0)

Yes, this is what I think I will do, thanks! Just one stupid question- why cash it at the PO instead of the bank? I know you said not in your acct in case it is fake, but I don't understand.... Thanks!

Sorry- this is directed at horseshowmom, should've quoted :0)

If you cash the money order at your bank, and it should turn out to be fake, it will wind up being taken out of your account. If you cash it at the PO (since it's their money order), they'll either tell you it's fake or give you the money. That way, you don't have to worry about being out any money. There seem to be quite a few bad money orders these days (like with cashier's checks - my DD's BF had somebody try to pay him for a horse with a fake cashier's check :headache: ).

Yep--I have two confirmed addresses on my account--one is mine in TN and the other is my Mom's in SC--so the two confirmed addresses don't even have to be in the same state.

Have your buyer add her daughter's address to her paypal account (assuming she wants to pay with paypal) and confirm it--which will make it a protected transaction for you--and be MUCH more convenient for her in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter