Ebay sellers ?? Auctiva starts charging in July- Will you switch? If so, to Where?

Dancemom03

Flexican wannabe
As if things weren't hard enough on ebay, Auctiva will start charging in July. I noticed by accident while checking my account profile today and am stunned. I have years of images & auctions stored there but it looks like the monthly plan will be very pricey to continue.

It's hard enough to make a profit now, what with all the new ebay fees, DSRs, and search placements/or lack thereof - I'm not sure i can justify another charge but hate to devote all that time to moving listings and images when I should be "sell, sell, selling" in preparation for wdw in July.

For those of you who sell on ebay, what listing tools do you use and how much do you pay? If it's Auctiva, will you stay and pay to play? If so, what plan? If not, where will you go?

I'm beginning to feel like everyone on the face of the planet has their hand in my quickly emptying pocket these days...:sad2:

I'm thinking of switching to Inkfrog. ($10 a month, I think?) They are supposed to have some things in place to easily import your listings from Auctiva. I'm going to look into it more in a couple of days.

What a mess this is!

I went into the Power Seller board and found a link to a story about people going into to cancel their Auctiva account.

(I tried this and it worked)

If you go to cancel your acct. sometimes you can get a offer for all the services for $10 a month. Something like a 18 month lock in.

That what we did. With well over 550 listing and a trip coming up, there was no way to move them all. I almost had the mother of all anxiety attacks last night!!!!

I don't know if I can link, but if you go into the eBay boards/ Seller Central / thread / AUCTIVA Special $10 Flat Rate Plan If you try to cancel

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Seller-Central/Auctiva-Special-10/520126662

Thanks so much. I just clicked to cancel and got the $10 flat rate pop-up deal too. I decided to take it - at least for now...

DD19 and I just made a list this afternoon with a goal of more than 100 listings over the next 4-5 days - I can't afford to take the time - or irritation - of setting up another image host and listing software this month. I sell mostly kids' stuff and the market typically falls off drastically between July and Oct. It's slow enough with today's uncertain economy now, I neeed to clear out and downsize before the historical slow summer sales period hits and makes it even worse.:eek:

One thing's certain though, after the poor way this was handled - and never receiving notice at all from Auctiva - I'm definitely done being an Auctiva cheerleader when someone asks me to help them start selling on ebay in future. Actually, I'm wondering if they'll even still be up and running in a year after this fiasco.

So... If I import my listings to another program/service will they still remain in Auctiva too as long as my acct is open? Do you think Ink Frog or Auction Splash would be a good backup just in case - or is it an 'all or nothing' issue? I really don't like TL but I guess I could give it a try again if neccessary and have my own template designed maybe...

I'm glad it worked for you!

According to some of the posts on the Power Seller board, its hit or miss getting the deal.

We had inkfrog before and were never happy with them, so the thought of importing that many listings isn't something I really want to do.

I did run across a really good article that goes into what exactly happened.
Pretty nasty if its true!

But like eBay has much room to talk, our fee's are out of control!

http://3rdpoblogs.com/colderice/2009/06/01/auctiva-falls-to-epn-changes-and-inkfrog-leaps-to-the-rescue/

*eBay down for us right now... so we can never win!!

Good luck with your listings!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!