EBay issue...what would you do?

disynut

DIS Veteran
I have just listed some maternity clothes on EBay. I have a bidder, but the person is -1 in feedback, and it's a guy(at least the negative feedback referred to him/her as a "him")....which normally wouldn't bother me, but with the -1 feedback I kind of feel like it's a scam. I read about the retracting of bids, but it sounds like I shouldn't(sounds like you should only retract if the bidder has requested), I just hate to see someone losing out on these clothes(which are really nice and since I"m having my baby next week I'm not going to list any more for a while) and I hate to lose out on my fees! I guess I should have put on my auction about retracting those with negative feedback, I've just not had a problem with it so far. What would you EBay experts do?

TIA!

Well 1st off did u just list them? How long is your acution for? Alot would depend on that. Also you may have more bidders. And if this guy does win and he does not pay then after a bit of waitibg u can file to get your fees back. I have done that a few times.

Hi, Even if you did not state in your auction that you will cancel bids of those with questionable feedback, this does not mean you can't go in and cancel the bid. I would cancel it. If the auction has just started, you might get lucky and someone might outbid him/her.

If you do not want to cancel the bid right now, just put them on your blocked bidders list. This way, if a more desirable person bids, the first bidder can't outbid them. Don't worry about cancelling bids though. It's your auction.

Recently, eBay has now given sellers the option to block bidders: with a feedback score of -1,-2, or -3 and more,
bidders from countries to which you don't ship to,
and bidders who have received Unpaid Item strikes from more than 1 seller in the last 30 days.
Go to My eBay/My Account/ eBay Preferences/Buyer Block Preference/change if interested in selecting these options.

Good luck,
Tink

I had that happen on my very first auction. He had 10 feedback but 5 were negatives & looked shady all around. I did go in, cancel the bid & blocked from any other bidding. It was easy & had no problems at all. Good luck!

I have sold things to people with negative feedback and received payments quickly. I have also not gotten payment on a few. You can always relist and file for a credit on your listing fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter