EB Repo and DVC Points

dairyou

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
We would like to do the EB repo again and are considering using our DVC points this time. I think if we saved we could pay for the first two passengers.

Has anyone done this on the previous repo cruises? How does it work? Do I call MS on 1/31?

Any tips would be great!

Thanks,
Deb

I would call them now and ask what their policy will be. They did allow booking with points when the Med cruises began booking, but as we don't have enough, it wasn't even an option, so I didn't pay attention.

Hi!

Thanks DenverVal. I'll call MS today and post what I found out in case anyone is interested :)

Deb

I just got off the phone with MS. She pretty much had nothing to say. She didn't even know what a Repositioning Cruise was :(

So after I explained it to her she told me they don't know anything at this point. Oh well ;)

Deb

I know on another thread I asked about using points from '07, '08, and '09 and someone mentioned that you could do that. I was just curious about how that would work w/ planning so far ahead since I can't get to any of those points until after Dec. '07. Confusing!!

Check the points for the Med. repo and you will get an idea.

I called yesterday, asking about point charts for the 2008 repo cruises.

The rep. said they didn''t have them and the rep. said they didn't know when DVC would get them.

The only thing maybe to suggest is to call again and ask for a supervisor if needed.

I shot them an email asking. I'll post if I hear anything.

j

I booked our med cruise - the day they started selling.
DVC opened earlier then normal to allow us in.

I had spoken to them previously and knew the points that I needed. We were able to borrow from 2008 for the med cruise. We did this.

I booked 1person using points and 1 cash.

I would speak to a supervisor before the day they start selling.

Hope it works out for you

;)

Thanks Cheryl for reminding me.............

I did hear back from DVC via email and they told me to call MS!

:confused3

Let's hope that they have some information for us by the 31st!

j

So, since these are special cruises, we're assuming that DVC will waive the 11-month rule for DCL? Right?

We won't be able to book on the 31st if we can't use DVC. Don't quite have the money right now for the deposit on the rooms we'd want to book.

just called member services 2008 points will be out the 2nd week of february.
i guess in a few weeks i will find out if shes right

So, since these are special cruises, we're assuming that DVC will waive the 11-month rule for DCL? Right?

We won't be able to book on the 31st if we can't use DVC. Don't quite have the money right now for the deposit on the rooms we'd want to book.

the 11 month rule for disney cruises its now you can book up to 2 years ahead of time. if they have the points out.

I called MS today. This is what she told me. She said I need to call DCL on 1/31 and book for the 4 of us. Give the deposit...OUCH! Then call back around the end of February and the point chart will be out and they'll be able to book. Once it's all booked they will refund you the deposit.

Normally 2,000.00 wouldn't be a problem but DH took a month off and it ate up our savings. Now we're trying to figure out how to juggle everything around

Deb

I guess you could charge the deposit - Do you still get interest free for 6 months on the Disney Visa card for cruise related charges? At least you may have a little time before you had to actually make the charge card payment.

Ken

I put a call into my guide and she's looking into it for me.
If Dairyou's rep. is correct, I wonder How they would be able to switch to points after putting down a cash deposit??

I was pondering over this same issue when I first heard of the cruise out west. I wondered if I would have enough points to book a WB repo. Anyway, I called MS a few weeks back and asked the following:

* Since I knew they would probably not have point charts out yet, could I book the cruise and put a cash deposit down, then once points were out switch it. His answer was yes, that would be no problem, they will refund your deposit, BUT make sure to call DCL direct and not go through and agent if you are thinking of doing this. He said they could not transfer reservations from agents to points, only from DCL direct.

I was also thinking of putting the deposit on the 6 month interest free with Disney Visa.

Does anyone know how it works? We use it for everything but then pay it off at the end of the month. There are loop holes it seems in all these interest free deals.

O.k. so we basically don't get any better rate depending on when we book right? We just have to wait until the points come out. So I guess if I want to pay for 1 person and use points for the other, then I book when the rates come out. Not sure if those prices will go up much on just the regular old Mexican Riviera and not the repo cruise.

I was thinking the same thing. I used all my DVC points for 2 med tix. I know I'll probably have enough for one person for mexico. However, when I was talking to the nice CM at DCL she said...if you know for sure you are using points there is no need to book to save a room as that does not work anyway. Her additional suggestion, as I balked on the dep. amount too, is to just book one person now. Then when points come out if I didn't have enough I can call back and add to the ressie. She said that she did not believe there would be a reason to worry now as all of the last mexico cruises were 80% booked on the 1st day but that dropped within 3 days to 40% (when the deposits were due) and then down again. They did not really get full on most for 6 months. Alot of people multi booked the first day and then decided which one and dropped the others. Hopefully that helps...as for me, I am booking the bringing the magic to my home...or westbound repo ;) and another 7 day with only one deposit on the seven day. Then when points come out we'll see! and hope any pray ..that I can save some cash so I can do 2 that summer.....:cool1:
steph

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter