Eating at Hollywood Studios

zannyscott

Mouseketeer
For our trip in June, we'll be at HS one morning and one afternoon (separate days). I know we want to try Starring Rolls. However, we'll have one more meal there and I can't find anywhere else to eat. (We won't be eating a TS there.) Is there a resort that is convenient? I'm trying to think "out of the box" for eating there. I've also wondered if there's anywhere with filling (not sugary) snacks and we could just snack for our meal. Any suggestions? By the way, it's me, my hubby, 2 kids (ages 8 and 10) and my very active mom (62). TIA!

Resorts are not convenient. There are very few counter service selections in the Boardwalk/Beach Club area. It would not be a good trade-off to leave the park to eat at counter service.

The Studios has the worst food in all the World. We have been known to bring in sandwiches from the Earl of Sandwich to eat while waiting for Fantasmic. You might see if there's something from your resort food court that you could cobble into a picnic lunch/ dinner.

Or you could just eat at Starring Rolls twice. Just be sure to check out their hours- we have planned to eat there in the past and it's been closed for the day.

There is a counter service that serves pizza's and salads - maybe some other stuff. I can't think of the name of it! Hope it isn't the one you mentioned. It also has some games that an 8 and 10 year old would like.

There is a counter service that serves pizza's and salads - maybe some other stuff. I can't think of the name of it! Hope it isn't the one you mentioned. It also has some games that an 8 and 10 year old would like.

That's Pizza Planet, I think, and not outstanding but edible. We usually eat at Backlot Express and find it fairly good. Nothing out of the box. I think there was a good vegie sandwich there that was pretty tasty.

yeah, Backlot's not bad, and Studio Catering had some decent looking sandwiches.

If using DDP CS meal credit as Starring Rolls, can their fabulous cupcake count as dessert?

I think Starring Rolls closes around 3pm or so. It seems like they don't make sandwiches all day. When they are gone they are gone. Many times we have gone to get something and there was not much left. It is very slow and a tiny place. The stuff we have eaten was good tho. We usually go to PP. We split the pizza (its OK) DH eats the salad and I eat the choc chip cookie ;) We usually have TS ressies and this just tides us over!

Thanks for your help, y'all. I forgot that Starring Rolls closes early. I think we'll just try Backlot Express.

For our trip in June, we'll be at HS one morning and one afternoon (separate days). I know we want to try Starring Rolls. However, we'll have one more meal there and I can't find anywhere else to eat. (We won't be eating a TS there.) Is there a resort that is convenient? I'm trying to think "out of the box" for eating there. I've also wondered if there's anywhere with filling (not sugary) snacks and we could just snack for our meal. Any suggestions? By the way, it's me, my hubby, 2 kids (ages 8 and 10) and my very active mom (62). TIA!

For CS, Backlots is OK. We have dined there twice and I would go back.

Just curious, are you trying to plan every little detail of your trip? :rolleyes1How about seeing where your're at when it's time for your meal and eating CS at a nearby place instead of scampering across the park to your planned out CS. None of the CS places at HS are worth planning for! :snooty::snooty::snooty:

Cheers!

Max

:lmao:No one has ever accused me of planning too much! I always have good intentions of getting organized and it never happens. However, our first trip to DW I didn't research CS. Ugh. This time, I'm doing my homework. Plus, I think it's really fun! I've been reading the message boards for about 6 months and it's time to make reservations in 2 weeks. :banana:

I think Backlot Express tends to be the most popular counter service spot at MGM. I kind of liken it to the Electric Umbrella at EPCOT - generic counter food, not good, but not bad. I do, for some reason, really like the music they play in the background, all classic movie and TV themes...

Personally, I think Studio Catering is much better, they have some nice salads and stuff there (when it's actually open).

Personally, I think Studio Catering is much better, they have some nice salads and stuff there (when it's actually open).[/QUOTE]

Wish it was open more often!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter