Eat Your Salad! Our WONDERful double dip June '10 UPDATE 10/14

we got up on deck and got one of the last spots right on the railing. It. was. hot. Bobby proceeded to sit down in a chair while the rest of us stood up to see over the railing.
BTW--do you notice his sunglasses? He broke them when we got in the room and was pretty devestated, he refuses to step outside with sunglasses, so we were not sure what we were going to do!
DSC00903.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

DSC00906.jpg

DSC00913.jpg

before the party was over, my dad saw a bunch of people walking to the fornt of the ship to watch it pull out, so we left to walk up there. There was a little breeze and it was much cooler!
We saw a couple stingrays in the water, and then, all of the sudden we heard that wonderful ship horn, and I was so excited (and trying not to cry, I had waited so long to hear that horn!) our cruise was officially starting!
We watched for about 20 minutes as the ship moved along ther water.
Then, we realized we had 5:45 dinner seating and it was 5:15, time to go!
All of our luggage had safetly arrived, and we got dressed for our first dinner at Animators Pallate.

This place was so cool! We were shown to our table where we met Ricardo, our head server, and Allwyn, the assistant server.
Bobby and I with Allwyn
allwyn.jpg

DSC00927.jpg

mom and dad
DSC00919.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

I did a really good job the first night of taking food pictures then totally slacked off!
I really don't remember what most of this food is, sorry! I know the soup was baked potato and it was good.
DSC00921.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

Bobby ordered the kids mac and cheese for me to have as part of my meal b/c he knows I LOVE it!
DSC00923.jpg

I do remmeber this, it was mine, some kind of chicken and pasta, it was yummy!
DSC00924.jpg

one of Bobby's entrees (he always ordered at least 2)
DSC00926.jpg

Dinner was good, and after we went and walked around in the shops and Bobby bought some sunglasses. Then, we got seats for the Golden Mickey's! The show was so good! I cried at the end. Definately worth seeing!
We were so worn out we went back to the rooms and went to bed! We were SO BORING on this trip at night...like old people, it was ridiculous!

up next: Castaway Cay!

We woke up very excited to start our first day on Castaway Cay! I had heard so many wonderful things, and seen picutres, and it absolutely lived up to our expectations. It was WONDERFUL!

But first, breakfast! We were just pulling in as we left our room to eat. We went up to the Buffet, and looked out over the island as we ate.
food2.jpg

fffooodddd
DSC00934.jpg

DSC00935.jpg

DSC00937.jpg

DSC00936.jpg

cc.jpg

DSC00938.jpg

DSC00940.jpg

DSC00941.jpg

DSC00942.jpg

We were so excited to get out there!
this is outside our window
DSC00943.jpg

We went back to our room
s and put on sunscreen and got our bags and headed down to the gangway right as they started letting people off the ship.
We were finally here!
Don't they look thrilled?
DSC00945.jpg

real post office!
DSC00946.jpg

DSC00947.jpg

We walked to the tram stop
DSC00948.jpg

and waited to go to the NEXT tram stop, which would take us to Serenity Bay!
DSC00949.jpg

DSC00951.jpg

we didn't have to wait long for a tram, and we were off!
Welcome!
DSC00953.jpg

up next: PLENTY more pictures of Castaway Cay!

Great update! Love the first picture of your family at breakfast, you can see CC reflected in the windows behind you....along with the photographer!

Great update! Love the first picture of your family at breakfast, you can see CC reflected in the windows behind you....along with the photographer!

haha I didn't notice that!

and now for more....

we got off the first tram and walked to the second, soaking it all in
DSC00955.jpg

DSC00956.jpg

family beach
DSC00958.jpg

we gt on the second tram and were finally at Serenity Bay! It was deserted!
DSC00959.jpg

DSC00960.jpg

first look at the crystal clear water
DSC00961.jpg

we walked a long way down the beach for some quiet and set up camp by two hammocks
DSC00964.jpg

DSC00962.jpg

the guys immediately had to test out the water
DSC00963.jpg

DSC00970.jpg

our little set up
DSC00968.jpg

We decided it was too hot to sit up on the beach so we brought the chairs to the water
DSC00974.jpg

My dad and I walked up to the bar to get the drink of the day
DSC00977.jpg

DSC00978.jpg

and we went back and I enjoyed my beverage in a hammock, which brings us to my favorite picture of the trip.
DSC00983.jpg

aaahhhh

much more to come!

Wonderful pictures from Castaway Cay! I can't wait to get there! (Although that sign was a little scary...)

haha I didn't notice that!

and now for more....

we got off the first tram and walked to the second, soaking it all in
DSC00955.jpg

DSC00956.jpg

family beach
DSC00958.jpg

we gt on the second tram and were finally at Serenity Bay! It was deserted!
DSC00959.jpg

DSC00960.jpg

first look at the crystal clear water
DSC00961.jpg

we walked a long way down the beach for some quiet and set up camp by two hammocks
DSC00964.jpg

DSC00962.jpg

the guys immediately had to test out the water
DSC00963.jpg

DSC00970.jpg

our little set up
DSC00968.jpg

We decided it was too hot to sit up on the beach so we brought the chairs to the water
DSC00974.jpg

My dad and I walked up to the bar to get the drink of the day
DSC00977.jpg

DSC00978.jpg

and we went back and I enjoyed my beverage in a hammock, which brings us to my favorite picture of the trip.
DSC00983.jpg

aaahhhh

much more to come!

Before I read what you wrote, that's exactly what I thought...."AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!" DREAMing our our first DIS cruise!!

Heather!! Just looking for a Wonder TR and here you are! I am really enjoying your cruise with you. So fun you could go with your parents. I'm so sorry to hear about the losses in Bobby's family and the stress that's happening. Always seems to be that way, I don't know why. I'll say a prayer for all of you. :grouphug: I'm looking forward to more - I want to be at Serenity Bay!!

Hi, Heather! I just came across your TR and am very much enjoying it!! My DH and I are going on the Wonder next month, and reading your report is really getting me excited! I can't wait for more!:thumbsup2

Great pics of Castaway Cay! We've neen to CC three times and have yet to get a hammock!
ah! youmust get there early! We got off the ship as soon as we could!

Wonderful pictures from Castaway Cay! I can't wait to get there! (Although that sign was a little scary...)
haha yeah the sign freaked me out...but the water was so clear you could see everything in front of you!

Love the hammock shot!
thanks, when I made my photobook of the trip, that shot got it's own page!

Before I read what you wrote, that's exactly what I thought...."AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!" DREAMing our our first DIS cruise!!
haha it was awesome!

I'm loving your wonderful report. Can't wait to here more!

Curtis :cool1:
thanks for reading!

Heather!! Just looking for a Wonder TR and here you are! I am really enjoying your cruise with you. So fun you could go with your parents. I'm so sorry to hear about the losses in Bobby's family and the stress that's happening. Always seems to be that way, I don't know why. I'll say a prayer for all of you. :grouphug: I'm looking forward to more - I want to be at Serenity Bay!!
thank you for your kind words. Prayers are always appreciated!!!

I forgot to ask, where did your family get the t-shirts you wore the day you boarded the ship?
I made them! Someone on the design board made the art for me and I ironed them onto shirts!

Great TR - subbing :goodvibes
hello!

Hi, Heather! I just came across your TR and am very much enjoying it!! My DH and I are going on the Wonder next month, and reading your report is really getting me excited! I can't wait for more!:thumbsup2

you will have a BLAST! enjoy it!

more coming up!

so after relaxing for awhile, we started to smell BBQ. Lunch time!!! We walked back up the beach. It was so nice to have our own little adult restaurant and not have to wait for the tram back to the family beach to eat. My only complaint is the "open air' BBQ pit gives off TONS of smoke so when you are standing there waiting for your burger/hotdog etc you almost die of smoke inhilation! I did love sitting at the picnic tables under the trees though. Nice and shady, loved it!
DSC00995.jpg

they had fruit, hot dogs, hamburgers, salad, coft serve ice cream, all kinds of stuff. It was good and filling. After we ate we decided to take a ride up to the family beach to see what was going on, and to buy our souvineers. It was so nice not having to lug them around, they sent them back to the ship and we picked them up that evening in the gift shop. We got t-shirts that we wore on the last day.

family beach
DSC00999.jpg

shopping
DSC01004.jpg

I had to try on the hat!
DSC01001.jpg

We hung out at the beach awhile longer, then got really tired around 2:30 or 3 and decided to head back to the boat and get showered and cleaned up. After all, we had a whole other day to spend out here! Didn't want to burn out!
DSC01005.jpg

DSC01006.jpg

DSC01009.jpg

I loved this! they also had water for us to drink while we waited in line to get back on the ship.
DSC01012.jpg

We showered and headed to the adults only area, got a snack and sat down and relaxed. I loved the cushy chairs they had here!
DSC01013.jpg

DSC01015.jpg

my mom actually fell asleep but would kill me if I posted the picture I took of her asleep sitting up!

After awhile we decided it was time to go change for dinner.

Up next: EAT YOUR SALAD

Great update! Castaway Cay is so beautiful! Can't wait to hear about "eat your salad"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter