Eat to the beat worth a fast pass?

Splashboat

Always looking for cheap airfare
We haven't been to the F&W but had no trouble getting into the concert at the F&G right before the start. We actually like to stay in the back so I am not looking to sit up front. Want to see Dennis DeYoung 5:30. Also wondering if we use a FP will we have to sit up front ot just able to get seats?

The 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival's 'Eat to the Beat Concert Series' has been added to the FastPass+ line-up for Epcot.

'Eat to the Beat' joins the Tier 1 FastPass+ grouping, along with IllumiNations, Living with the Land, Soarin' and Test Track. One selection can be made from this group using My Disney Experience, or via the in-park kiosks.

A separate FastPass+ queue will be made available at the American Garden's Theatre, with entry allowed 20 minutes before show time.

We booked a dining package. Does anyone know if there is an advantage of having the package over a FastPass+ reservation?

A few shows had people lining up hours beforehand....seats in the back with no shade can be hot! Beach Boys was probably the hardest to get a decent seat. Or maybe that was "Flower Power" week. Have seen lots of great shows. Little Richard was probably one of the best.

I would not get a fast pass unless I wanted to sit near the front and if it was a really great group I wanted to see.

Normally I would say no it won't be an issue but with the dining package and now the fast passes the number of available seats for walk ups is getting smaller. While you may indeed have no issues if it's someone you really want to see you probably should get a fast pass

Normally I would say no it won't be an issue but with the dining package and now the fast passes the number of available seats for walk ups is getting smaller. While you may indeed have no issues if it's someone you really want to see you probably should get a fast pass

I'm not certain that the packages and the FP's will be adding interest but it probably means that walk ups will be in the back or at best have just a small part of one of the front sections if you want to be close to the stage.

Here's the thing, between the FP+ reserved seats, the F&W sampler preferred seating and dining package seating, there will probably be fewer standby seats in the theater than there used to be (we also don't know if there will be Chase Visa wristbands this year, either).

So if you're planning to go to Epcot for the evening for F&W and EttB, using a FP+ reservation on EttB may not be the worst idea.

DIL was psyched to see than Hanson is on the schedule when we're there. I've been reading that they are very popular & had looong lines last year - sigh.

No way am I burning a tier 1 FP. Do wonder if they will tend to still be available as a 4th FP.

If you are Disney Visa card holder you can stop by one of the chase kiosks in Epcot and they usually have bands for priority seating for the concert and for fireworks.

I laugh at this FP. Even if you have to stand in the walkway to listen it's not worth using a FP in MO. Seems like Disney just wants to FP everything. I actually heard from a bus driver that starting next year during the Food and Wine Festival (called the year of the toilets) that they will be trying FP out for tier 2 FP only at all restrooms at all parks. If you have children you need to take in than you all need a FP. This should open up a lot of ride lines. :joker:

Last year I saw Night Ranger, Smash Mouth and Jim Brickman by walking up. I was in the back but it's more of a listening thing, I don't need to see them up close.

This slightly reminds me of Disney doing tier 1 FPs for the SWW special events last year. They started that way this year then changed it to tier 2. It's really reaching for FPs possibilities IMO.

I am with Tiki Sean on this Big Bad Voo Doo Daddy is worth a Fastpass.

Saw ELO & EnVogue and would have used a FP. Stood in line prior to the shows at least 30 min in advance because I wanted shade. If that's a priority for you, I'd suggest it. I FP this year but I don't do Soarin' (Motion sickness problem) so I always have them available for Epcot. :-)

Lots of people must think it's worth it. I tried to FP+ Air Supply on 10/19, and was told that there were no times available. Now I'm freaking out wondering if that means the concert, all 3 times, is going to be packed. Glad to hear there are usually seats available. I'll be solo, so I'm hoping I'll be able to squeeze in somewhere.

Lots of people must think it's worth it. I tried to FP+ Air Supply on 10/19, and was told that there were no times available. Now I'm freaking out wondering if that means the concert, all 3 times, is going to be packed. Glad to hear there are usually seats available. I'll be solo, so I'm hoping I'll be able to squeeze in somewhere.

Update! Just for the heck of it, I tried again last night, and now I have a FP+ for the 6:45 show. Maybe it was a time issue, or they just hadn't released that day yet when I tried before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter