Eat at Home 3!

I've frozen it before and it works beautifully. I let it defrost for 24 hours before cooking though...otherwise it takes like 2 hours to cook. I use the no cook noodles and jarred classico alfredo sauce. I cook and dice a couple of chicken breasts (turkey also works and you can shred the meat if you like...DH prefers diced), cooked and chopped bacon, cooked and chopped broccoli and you can use ricotta cheese or cottage cheese. Also, LOTS of shredded mozza and some parmesean. I also add fresh ground pepper to each layer. With the no cook noodles, you add 1/2 cup of water and just layer everything nicely. I've also added onions, garlic, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, olives (or some mix of these items) in the past but didn't this time. It's quite lovely with the spinach...I just didn't have any.

Made it with leftover turkey, Alfredo sauce, cottage cheese, mozzarella, parm, no cook noodles (just read about adding water- never done that so hopefully it's not too dry) and broccoli- can't wait to eat it!

I'm behind for this week-

Monday: we had dinner at the outlaws (NY steak, baked potatoes, salad)
Tuesday- used leftover turkey to make grilled pesto turkey wraps- yum!
Wednesday-planned out at a cafe- had appts all afternoon before prenatal class so no time to go home
Thursday- stirfry (had stirfry)
Friday- we had salmon burgers on flatbread buns- yum!
Saturday- two of my cousins are coming for the night- they are bringing homemade perogies so will prob do sausages on the BBQ and salads
Sunday- not sure- I think we will be eating at the inlaws for family dinner

Last edited:
Saturday: dinner out with friends
Sunday: beef tenderloin, roasted brussel sprouts, rosemary potatoes
Monday: black bean enchiladas, fruit salad
Tuesday: lemon linguini shrimp, arugula salad
Wednesday: chicken barley chili, home made corn bread
Thursday: leftovers
Friday: Cobb salad, French bread

Sunday: Pizza
Monday: Tacos
Tuesday: Free for all due to soccer game.
Wednesday: Roast, carrots
Thursday: Steak, Rice, Rolls
Friday: pasta, salad, Garlic Bread
Saturday: Grilled Chicken, Baked Potatoes, Corn

Hey all! Doing my shopping tomorrow for the next two weeks so here is my plan!

Saturday: Grocery Day Roasted chicken, roasted vegetables and potatoes

Sunday: 9-5 Wrap/Leftovers

Monday: 9-3 Wrap/Leftovers

Tuesday: Wrap/Pad Thai with chicken

Wednesday: 10:30-5:30 Leftovers/Leftovers

Thursday: Pizza/Leftovers

Friday: 10:30-3 Leftovers/Potato Soup

Saturday: Leftovers/Friend's house for dinner

Sunday: 9-5:30 Wrap/Leftovers

Monday: 9-5:30 Wrap/Leftovers

Tuesday: Roasted vegetable Alfredo

Wednesday: Wrap/Leftovers

Thursday: 9-3 Wrap/Tacos

Friday: 9-5:30 Wrap/Leftovers

Saturday: Grocery Day

Menu Plan week of 8/20
Sat- Taco salad
Sun- Stuffed peppers, okra
Monday- Beef stroganoff, Brussels sprouts
Tuesday -Pot roast, carrots, potatoes
Wednesday-Cube steak, mashed potatoes, zucchini
Thursday- Chicken/pepper stir fry over rice
Friday- Grilled chicken, eggplant parm, butternut squash

Since I'm off today we're going to throw a bunch of stuff from the freezer on the grill to use all week. I also planned sides with things already on hand. Now I only need to pick up a few things from the store. I'm not sure what meals will be what days, but here's what's on the menu:

steak with baked apples and rolls
hot dogs with chips and fruit
grilled chicken salad with garlic bread
hamburgers with fries
pork chops with mashed potatoes and gravy and rolls

Hey all,

So, my schedule is going to be changing a lot come late September into mid January. I am temporarily going full time at my job due to it being the busy season and them needing the extra help. In October at least my schedule will be a mid shift, most likely 11-7 or so, but may go later on weekends depending on the special events open hours.

Any suggestions on how to handle a meal plan for that? I mean, if I work 11-7 for example, I won't be getting home until around 7:45 so I won't want to be getting home and having to cook. My days off will be Monday and Wednesday to start, then switch to Monday and Tuesday after October.

I'm guessing lots of leftovers and slow cooker meals!

Hey all,

So, my schedule is going to be changing a lot come late September into mid January. I am temporarily going full time at my job due to it being the busy season and them needing the extra help. In October at least my schedule will be a mid shift, most likely 11-7 or so, but may go later on weekends depending on the special events open hours.

Any suggestions on how to handle a meal plan for that? I mean, if I work 11-7 for example, I won't be getting home until around 7:45 so I won't want to be getting home and having to cook. My days off will be Monday and Wednesday to start, then switch to Monday and Tuesday after October.

I'm guessing lots of leftovers and slow cooker meals!

When I have to work a mid shift like that I generally make a dinner in the morning that can be reheated when I get home, or something DH can pop in the oven when he gets home and I just reheat later. Slow cooker meals also work great. Making one larger amount of a staple meat, like grilling multiple portions of chicken, or browning multiple portions of ground beef/turkey/pork then using them in different types of dishes works well too- and you can do that on your day off. Then on your work days you can prep stuff for tacos or a salad or pasta in the morning and throw it all together to eat when you get home.

I've been following this thread for awhile, but it's my first time posting here. I just wanted to thank you all for the great ideas for dinners! They've really helped with the monotony of eating the same thing over and over again, and kept us from going out! Here's our menu for this week:

Sunday: Spaghetti & homemade meatballs
Monday: Orange chicken, rice and broccoli
Tuesday: Grilled steak, garlic mashed potatoes and green beans
Wednesday: Sloppy Joes and onion rings
Tonight: Lemon pepper tilapia, wild rice and some kind of green veggie
Tomorrow: Red Robin (gotta use DH's free birthday burger!)
Saturday: DH's work is having a dinner party

I am behind. This week we are doing...

- vegetable creamy Mac and cheese, green salad, and fruit salad
- that poor chicken taco I have been trying to do for 2 months. Except I am doing shredded pork. Also a side salad of organic lettuce and our organic garden cherry tomatoes.
- a double batch of porcupine meatballs, half pork, half beef. One night will be Lima beans, another night will be California mix.
- chicken spaghetti and watermelon
- Philly "cheesesteak" and watermelon (I am going to use ground beef instead of steak)
- home made potato soup, tomato sandwiches and fruit salad

SO happy to be home from my business trip. Using up what we have in the fridge, I really don't want to go shopping for another wek.

Monday: Slow cooker chicken chili, http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/slow-cooker-chunky-chicken-chili-112395.aspx with salad
Tuesday: Leftovers. I have my workout class
Wednesday: Tortellini with alfredo sauce, broccoli
Thursday: Making this 'ultimate southwest scramble', but will be halving it http://www.budgetbytes.com/2016/07/ultimate-southwest-scrambled-eggs/
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: Baked buffalo chicken, some kind of veggie from the freezer
Sunday: Leftovers/frozen pizza/canned soup

Menu Plan for Week of Aug 27th

Saturday - grilled fish, yellow squash, roasted potatoes
Sunday - meatloaf, mac and cheese, okra,
Monday - chicken salad
Tuesday - stuffed peppers
Wednesday - hamburgers, pasta salad, avocado/tomato slices
Thursday - eggplant parm, herb crusted fish, peas
Friday - pizza

Please tell me some of your favorite make-ahead healthy meals. I accepted a job offer (after being laid off in June) and will be having long days. My kids are teens and old enough to put something in the oven but even they won't always be home before 5pm. DH will cook on his days teleworking. I'm thinking crockpot meatballs and meatloaf (already favorites), assembled homemade pizzas that they can just bake, hot dogs (not healthy but fine once in a while) maybe cook up some taco meat and freeze it to then take out and heat up when needed, Monte cristos to heat up last minute, and maybe have chicken marinating that then they can broil (I'll have to show them what cooked chicken should look like).

Any other ideas? One is a pasta eater and one is not, so maybe pasta is a good idea for days when we have leftovers from a meat night. Also, they are not big veggie eaters. One likes mushrooms and asparagus and raw veggies but not salad. The other loves fruit so I serve a lot of that at dinner too. Neither will eat beans.

Year before last I had to go into my office every day and we ended up eating more convenience food than I wanted (and than my touchy stomach can deal with). Last year when I telecommuting more often, it was easier to plan better-for-us meals.

I'm probably starting in a couple weeks so may stock the freezer with homemade chili and maybe some lasagna before then.

This week is veggie scramble with sourdough toast, burrito casserole, chicken and gravy with mashed potatoes and corn, frozen veggie pizzas and cheese and spinach lasagna with garlic bread.

I've got grapes, blueberries and watermelon. I will make pumpkin cookies.

Labor Day weekend we will be out of town to celebrate the last bit of summer.

This is my plan for the week. We have been doing really well on meals this month, that makes me happy :)

Soup beans, zucchini and onion, tomato salad
BLTs, Lima beans, cantaloupe
Mongolian beef and broccoli
Beer brats, potato salad, and fruit salad
Pulled pork tacos, black beans & rice, green salsa
BBQ chicken/sweet onion pizza and fruit salad
Fancy salad with grilled chicken on sprouts, broc, carrots, cucumber, etc

Please tell me some of your favorite make-ahead healthy meals. I accepted a job offer (after being laid off in June) and will be having long days. My kids are teens and old enough to put something in the oven but even they won't always be home before 5pm. DH will cook on his days teleworking. I'm thinking crockpot meatballs and meatloaf (already favorites), assembled homemade pizzas that they can just bake, hot dogs (not healthy but fine once in a while) maybe cook up some taco meat and freeze it to then take out and heat up when needed, Monte cristos to heat up last minute, and maybe have chicken marinating that then they can broil (I'll have to show them what cooked chicken should look like).

Any other ideas? One is a pasta eater and one is not, so maybe pasta is a good idea for days when we have leftovers from a meat night. Also, they are not big veggie eaters. One likes mushrooms and asparagus and raw veggies but not salad. The other loves fruit so I serve a lot of that at dinner too. Neither will eat beans.

Year before last I had to go into my office every day and we ended up eating more convenience food than I wanted (and than my touchy stomach can deal with). Last year when I telecommuting more often, it was easier to plan better-for-us meals.

I'm probably starting in a couple weeks so may stock the freezer with homemade chili and maybe some lasagna before then.

I would say double the recipes you know are favorites and don't feel bad if you guys eat turkey sandwiches and what not for dinner. Good luck with your job!

Sunday- we had taco salad
Monday- eating at outlaws for FILs bday (we did this)
Tuesday- honey ginger marinated chicken breasts, rice, salad (leftovers)
Wednesday- either fish burgers or ground pork burgers (fish burgers)
Thursday- ceaser salad with grilled chicken breasts (had chef salad with grilled chicken)
Friday- had homemade pizza
Saturday- spaghetti, meat sauce, salad ( eating at outlaws)
Sunday- pot roast, potatoes, veg

Last edited:
Life is so crazy here. All 3 kids are playing a fall sport and my husband coaches collegiate soccer at a local university. So he is gone pretty much from now until Nov. So I work from 6:30 to 4:00 then rush home take care of dog and rush to a game because with 3 sports there is a game every day but Sunday. I am trying really hard not to eat out cause it is expensive enough paying to get into all of the games each week. I really need to use Sunday as a prep day since that is my only free day.

Saturday: Beef and noodles, rolls
Sunday: Steak Fajitas, melon, chips and salsa
Monday: Chicken, rice, corn, leftover melon - will make before go to dd volleyball game
Tuesday: Frozen pizza, fruit salad - will make before ds (15) soccer game
Wednesday: Boys will eat at inlaws as dd has away volleyball game. DD and I will eat whatever once we get home.
Thursday: Tilapia, mashed potatoes, rolls, green beans - only practices today yahoo!
Friday: Pasta, meat sauce, salad - ds (17) football game

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter