Eat at Home 3!

And I have made more changes to my plan. So here is the updated plan through next week. I'm trying to also figure out some vegetarian lunch ideas before my grocery trip on Sunday.

Today: Ordering in Mexican as I am craving it and really don't have the energy to cook tonight.
Tomorrow: Eggs, hashbrowns, and toast
Sunday: Peanut crusted mahi mahi, rice, and roasted asparagus
Monday: French toast with scrambled eggs
Tuesday: Smothered pork chops, mushrooms, roasted brussels sprouts, and mashed potatoes
Wednesday: Easy coconut curry (Veg) and coconut rice
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: Fried Rice

I am so sorry to hear about your friend, Lily, and both of your mothers! My mom passed over 10 years ago and not a day goes by that I don't miss her.

The other night when our menu changes planned, I was out too late grocery shopping and didn't have enough time to come home and make dinner! LOL So we ended up eating chips and guacamole while we shopped! :-) My two kids took their little grocery baskets so we took about twice as long as usual. :D

Za'atar is delish! It's a middle eastern spice blend of sesame seeds, sumac, oregano, and probably a few other things. I usually just sprinkle it on hummus, but it's really good as a rub too. The recipe I'm making this week uses cherry tomatoes and roasted garlic too. http://www.olivesfordinner.com/2012/08/zaatar-tofu.html

we're leaving today and so my meal plan will be out the window. can't type much right now as RA (rheumatoid arthritis is flaring along w/ EDS but i will reply soon. love the recipe shares! thinking of you both :hug:

LilyWDW - so sorry to hear about your friend.

Menu Plan for Week of June 6th

Saturday- burgers, corn on the cob, coleslaw, and okra
Sunday - Asian chicken salad
Monday - grilled salmon, green beans, and sweet potatoes
Tuesday - BBQ chicken, stuffed patty pan squash and baked beans
Wednesday - fish tacos, coleslaw, avocado slices and grilled veggies
Thursday - beef taco salads
Friday - southwest stuffed spaghetti squash

Monday - Chicken Francese, angel hair pasta, asparagus

Tuesday - dinner out - Girl Scout party

Wednesday - teriyaki pork tenderloin, red potatoes, green beans

Thursday - cowboy casserole

Friday - slow cooker bbq chicken sandwiches, orzo pasta salad

Saturday - baked ziti, eggplant parm, salad and French bread

Sunday - grilled steaks, twice baked potatoes, corn on the cob

LilyWDW - so sorry to hear about your friend.

Menu Plan for Week of June 6th

Saturday- burgers, corn on the cob, coleslaw, and okra
Sunday - Asian chicken salad
Monday - grilled salmon, green beans, and sweet potatoes
Tuesday - BBQ chicken, stuffed patty pan squash and baked beans
Wednesday - fish tacos, coleslaw, avocado slices and grilled veggies
Thursday - beef taco salads
Friday - southwest stuffed spaghetti squash

Do you have recipes for both of the stuffed squash meals? They sound great! We don't eat enough squash around here.

Keelyhealthnut- I have not tried these recipes so I hope they turn out good! Here they are:

http://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2013/10/southwestern-stuffed-spaghetti-squash.html

https://sarahnett.wordpress.com/2008/07/26/stuffed-patty-pan-squash/

Tip - I usually cook the spaghetti squash in the slow cooker. I just put the whole thing in the crockpot without cutting it in half. I do pierce it few times with a knife first. When it is done, I then cut it in half, scoop out the seeds and then shred it with a fork. Very easy!!

Here is my updated meal list for next week! Some minor changes.
Sunday: At my aunt and uncle's house for birthday celebrations
Monday: Peanut crusted fish, asian slaw, and roasted asparagus
Tuesday: Falafel, cucumber sauce, pita bread, and roasted eggplant
Wednesday: Leftovers (works)
Thursday: Pasta with egg, cheese, and peas and garlic bread
Friday: Sesame soy meatballs, rice, and stir fried peppers and broccoli
Saturday: Leftovers (works)

Rolling a couple meals to this week as last week had too many leftovers...

Menu Plan Week of June 13th

Saturday- Brats, pasta salad, corn on the cob, tomato slices

Sunday - grilled salmon, okra, and sweet potatoes

Monday - out to eat

Tuesday - taco salads

Wednesday - pulled pork, baked beans, coleslaw and green beans

Thursday - left overs

Friday - fried chicken, mashed potatoes, okra, tomato/cucumber salad

Keelyhealthnut - I made the stuffed patty pan squash. It was okay but not great. Too many dishes for one thing.... Lol

Making the southwest squash tonight so I will let you know how that turns out. :)

So, my grocery budget for the month just got wiped out.

First, I lost my keys at work Thursday night. I spent all day yesterday trying to get that resolved. The local mobile locksmith service couldn't get keys for the year/model of my car. So I had to call a tow truck and have it towed to the dealership. They went to rekey it and the computer wouldn't let them without a spare key. Even the guy at the dealership was frustrated with that. So now they have to send the whole dang computer off to get IT reset so that they can get it to take new keys. Luckily, they have given me a loaner vehicle until all of this is done, but I won't have my car back until Tuesday/Wednesday. As of right now, losing my keys will cost be around $800 (which is the same as my rent).

Then yesterday morning, when I am trying to take care of all of this, I notice one of my kitties is having issues going potty. So I call the vet and have to take him in. Luckily, they sent one of their people to come pick me up since I had no car and would have had to walk across one of the busiest roads in town to walk there. They ended up keeping him over night because he was being difficult about giving a sample lol. Called this morning and am waiting for the vet to call back, but was told that he had crystals in his sample. Once I talk to the vet, I can go and pick my baby up so he will be home before noon. I don't yet know how much this is going to cost me.

On top of all of that, my back and hip issues are flaring up really bad and I can barely get out of bed!

I just need this all to be over! But needless to say, I am super glad I had money in my savings, but I will still have to really lower my grocery costs until I get my next check at the start of the month. I will also have to pull my rent out of my savings due to other expenses this month and needing to send my father a bit of money (that was before I knew the hits I would be taking lol). I think this week will still be pretty cheap as I have all the meat I need in the freezer already. Mostly I need fresh produce, dairy, and a couple other things. Just have to be strict with myself and not buy random stuff. I will redo next week though, but I think I will keep the turkey on the plan as I can eat off of that for a few days which I think will be a cheaper per day cost.

This is a lean week in regards to money so I'm using the ingredients we currently have, with an addition of a few mushrooms, an apple, fruit to grill, and small brick of parmesan (or romano) cheese. Hope everyone has a good week! ~ Already changes...we have the cheese, and I forgot to add fresh parsley to the list.

Sunday: potato tacos ~these were yum
Monday: gorgonzola mac and cheese w/ cast iron skillet brussels sprouts ~eh
Tuesday: Falafels, hummus, lemon tahini, tzatziki, pita bread, and olives
Wednesday: Fish (frozen) and chips with cabbage slaw ~did not like blegh
Thursday: Kale & apple spinach salad, w/ roasted chickpeas, and leftover tahini
Friday: homemade flat bread pizza w/ artichoke hearts and cheese, w/ spinach or arugula salad
Saturday: grilled polenta and balsamic mushrooms and grilled fruit ~we had this Tues. & Pete grilled it! So good! <3
Sunday: Father's Day- Seafood Paella, salad, and strawberry rhubarb pie

Last edited:
@LilyWDW Oh I hope some of your stresses ease up soon! *hug*

I hope so too! My kitty ended up having a blockage due to stones in his bladder. He's on special food right now to help dissolve them. So right now it is about keeping an eye on him until the food can work. So keep your fingers crossed for me!

On the upside, my friend is doing really well. Chemo is wearing her out, but that's to be expected. She seems to be in good spirits and is trying to do more as she can. We played some online video games and have chatted a bunch. Hopefully she and I can get back into our writing as she gets more energy back. Her last round of chemo is the 22nd.

Tuesday: Falafels, hummus, lemon tahini, tzatziki, pita bread, and olives

I'm doing falafel this week too! It's been awhile since I have made it but I used to love it. Hopefully it comes out well. Also roasting eggplant for the first time to go with it!

These past few weeks have been a disaster. Work has been crazy, my mom had a ton of doctor appointments, and the weather has been cruddy. Eating at home has been very hard but I am recommitting myself to it.

Tonight we had roast beef sandwiches with fresh fruit salad.

These past few weeks have been a disaster. Work has been crazy, my mom had a ton of doctor appointments, and the weather has been cruddy. Eating at home has been very hard but I am recommitting myself to it.

*hug* Sending you good wishes for this week. :)

Hope things start to slow down for you!

Okay, so I didn't have many options on turkey size for next week (I wanted to be sure I could get one so gave myself 2 weeks to do so lol). So now I have a 15lb turkey! Yikes! My plan right now for next week is to use it for 3 dinners (the original dinner, regular left overs, and then hot turkey sandwiches) and lunches for 3-4 days. Then I guess I will freeze whatever is left? It was $32 but even if I only break it down to 3 dinners and 3 lunches, that brings it down to $5.30 a day(ish). So not too bad!

Hope things start to slow down for you!

Okay, so I didn't have many options on turkey size for next week (I wanted to be sure I could get one so gave myself 2 weeks to do so lol). So now I have a 15lb turkey! Yikes! My plan right now for next week is to use it for 3 dinners (the original dinner, regular left overs, and then hot turkey sandwiches) and lunches for 3-4 days. Then I guess I will freeze whatever is left? It was $32 but even if I only break it down to 3 dinners and 3 lunches, that brings it down to $5.30 a day(ish). So not too bad!
Also you can always make stock with it, and use that for soups and risottos. Homemade stock is super easy to make, and makes lean (money wise) dishes richer! :)

We're having a very frugal week as well -phones are even going to be shut off for a bit while we transition to a new cellular provider *gulp*- but my girly and I went through pantry, refrigerator, and freezer and wrote down ingredients to see what could be made. It helped and I'm feeling more positive. Wishing you lots of good luck and tasty dinners!

Okay, plans for this week...

Monday: We stood in line for over 2 hours for a grand opening of a new tex-mex place. LOL Free dinner and super yummy. Worth the hype! :-)
Tuesday: tofu nuggets, steamed green beans, mashed potatoes & red wine gravy
Wednesday: marinated portobello mushrooms, leftover mashed potatoes & red wine gravy, parsnip green bean casserole, dijon roasted cabbage
Thursday: hoisin tofu w/ stir-fried veggies, vermicelli noodles, steamed broccoli
Friday: Asian crepes, sesame green beans
Saturday: hoecakes, frozen blueberries, chickpea & brown rice sausage, avocado
Sunday: Depending on how long Father's Day with the in-laws takes, we'll either eat out or eat leftovers for dinner.

I know that I'll also make some almond milk, coconut milk, Texas caviar, quinoa parfait, and bread. I have no idea exactly what we'll have for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. I don't feel like being that organized this week. haha

Well, tonight was to be Pork Schnitzel. However, once I had trimmed the fat and deboned the pork I went to the washroom and the dog jumped up and ate it. Let's just say my dog is very very lucky that I love him and that we are not on speaking terms right now.:headache:

Tonight.. Grilled hotdogs/hamburgers/veggies burgers and sliced carrots and peppers. We needed something quick.

Wednesday .. Breakfast for dinner

Thursday.. Leftover tofu parm

Friday... Chicken drumsticks, roasted potatoes/sweet potatoes, asparagus

Saturday... All kinds of appetizers for dinner... wings, buffalo chicken dip, naan, veggies, . This is what Dh requested for his Fathers Day dinner. We're having his Saturday night because we are going to visit our dads for lunch and dinner on Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter