Eat Around The World or Le' Cellier

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by maciec, Sep 22, 2009.

1. maciec

maciec AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

We are going to be in the World in 24 days. I currently have a reservation for our group at Le' Cellier one of those nights. However, I am rethinking that reservation in favor of "eating around the world" during F&WF. Basically because it will be our only day in which we can "eat around the world". We have been to Le' Cellier before.

Which would you do?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Quacktatty

Quacktatty DIS Veteran

I would eat around the world. Le Cellier will be there on your next trip, but F&W is only a certain time of year. Of course, this coming from a person who plans to do both :thumbsup2

4. Jerry@dvcstore

Jerry@dvcstore DIS Veteran Approved Advertiser

Eat around the world and when you are outside of Canada, the F & W will offer food items that are on Menu of Le' Cellier. :banana:

5. clc053103

clc053103 DIS Veteran

Dined at Le Cellier last friday- seated 1 hour after our ADR. Meal was rushed and I now am in the camp of "don't believe the hype". Regardless, we felt we wasted an awful lot of our night sitting there waiting for our table (note a party that took a brief walk came back to find their table GIVEN AWAY!!!)- wouldn't you rather spend that time enjoying the food and wine festival??

6. koolaidmoms

koolaidmoms DIS Veteran

Since you have already done le Cellier I am of the try something new camp. It is fun to eat your way around the world and you end up spending about the same amount of money so go for it! :)

7. FireDancer

FireDancer DIS Veteran

I would definitely say eat around the world. I think this is the best option even when the F&WF isn't going on, but all the additional options makes it a no brainier.

8. Leota

Leota DIS Veteran

Definately eat around the World. Like others have said, Le Cellier will always be there (It's not one of our favorites either)

The Festival is alot of fun. We travel to WDW almost every year just for the F&W Fest. I think it'd be a real shame to miss it.

9. Priorityonecb

Priorityonecb DIS Veteran

Since you've already been, my vote is for eat around the world too!! Enjoy!

10. maciec

maciec AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

I agree! It will probably be cheaper too. Now I just have to convince everyone else in the group.

Thanks everyone!

11. LoraJ

LoraJ <br> I need a vacation!<br><font color="blue">Want

Good call!! :)
    We really enjoy eating around the world.

12. hoosiergirl7

hoosiergirl7 C-O-L-T-S...that's the way we like to roll...GO CO

AROUND THE WORLD!!!! I hope that in the next few years we'll be able to make it to F&WF. We had hoped to go last year but DH found out he had to go to the LA area to do stuff for work. So DS & I went with him and made another trip to DL (would've preferred WDW since we went to DL enough when we lived there).

Enjoy the food at the F&WF that isn't there all the time. Le Cellier doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

13. Darcy03231

Darcy03231 DIS Veteran

Here's another vote for eating around the world! We were at the Food and Wine Festival last year and that's what we did. Loved it!

14. BounceyBounce

BounceyBounce Earning My Ears

I agree with eating around the world during F&W. Having said that, we ate at Le Cellier on the 15th and had an outstanding, non-rushed meal although we did have to wait about 30 minutes after our ADR time to be seated. It actually turned out to be better than (and less expensive than) our California Grill dinner. However, the variety offered during F&W makes it a fun and interactive experience, especially for a group - and you can still get the cheese soup!

One suggestion is to buy one of the small gift cards on a wrist band that they sell and load it with however much $$$ you plan to spend. That way you have a budget in advance and it helps you pace yourself a bit- and makes paying at each stand much faster. Of course, if you run out of $ on the card, you can always recharge it!